Thursday rooting guide

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Still a mix of previous opponents, other hosting contenders on the bubble, and games that should get Mizzou back into the RPI top 100.

Austin Peay over Stetson
Arkansas over Kentucky
Mount Saint Mary's over Fairfield
Illinois over Iowa
Arizona State over Oregon State
Wichita State over ECU
UNO over TAMU-Corpus Christi
Texas A&M over Tennessee
Miami (OH) over Bowling Green
Central Arkansas over Jacksonville
Jackson State over Bethune-Cookman
Southern Miss over Troy
TBD over Indiana State
LSU over South Carolina (won't cry much if LSU loses)
NC State over Duke (little bit of a toss up here as NC State seems pretty locked in to host)
UC Riverside over UCSB
UCF over OK State
GA Southern over Old Dominion
UC Irvine over Cal State Northridge
Air Force over Fresno State
Long Beach State over Cal Poly

Reactions: Faustdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I think the main rooting we need to do is against Vandy and let the rest of it shake out since we have no control over any of it. All this RPI talk, past history of seedings and past RPIs, schedule comparing, has given me a headache. Think I'll tune in to our games and not have any damns or fvcks go give about the rest of them

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
We just need to win another game and hosting will take care of itself. I would feel a lot better if we start hitting the baseball.
Jurrangelo was dominant for 5 innings before getting in pitch count trouble in Nashville. Hoover should be a good park for him with his tendency to give up the long ball.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
2:30 pm Central Update:

Austin Peay over Stetson - YES
Arkansas over Kentucky - NO
Mount Saint Mary's over Fairfield - Tied 7-7 Top 5th
Illinois over Iowa - YES
Arizona State over Oregon State -NO
Wichita State over ECU - Leading 12-3 Top 7th
UNO over TAMU-Corpus Christi - Tied 4-4 Top 8th
Texas A&M over Tennessee - Losing 2-1 Bottom 4th
Miami (OH) over Bowling Green - Leading 1-0 Bottom 4th
Central Arkansas over Jacksonville - Leading 2-0 Top 4th

Jackson State over Bethune-Cookman - 2:00 PM
Southern Miss over Troy - 4:00 PM
TBD over Indiana State - 4:00 PM
LSU over South Carolina - 4:30 PM
NC State over Duke - 6:00 PM
UC Riverside over UCSB - 6:35 PM
UCF over OK State - 7:30 PM
GA Southern over Old Dominion - 7:30 PM
UC Irvine over Cal State Northridge - 8:00 PM
Air Force over Fresno State - 8:00 PM
Long Beach State over Cal Poly - 8:00 PM

50/50 so far. Really wanted the Sun Devils to take care of Oregon State.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think the main rooting we need to do is against Vandy and let the rest of it shake out since we have no control over any of it. All this RPI talk, past history of seedings and past RPIs, schedule comparing, has given me a headache. Think I'll tune in to our games and not have any damns or fvcks go give about the rest of them
I get that. It does make these random SWAC and Missouri Valley and Mountain West games more interesting though. Kind of like when we were counting Bowl eligibility and APR slots back in late November and early December.

You're right in that beating Vandy is the big prize (+22 RPI vs -25 RPI), but right now, Oklahoma State, for instance, is 57 RPI points ahead of us. A simple win by us (+22) and a loss by them (-28) still leaves them 7 points ahead of us, but if Air Force (+2.5), Georgia Southern (+2.1), and Mt. Saint Mary's (+2.9) win their games, that would put us ahead of them assuming everything else stays equal.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I get that. It does make these random SWAC and Missouri Valley and Mountain West games more interesting though. Kind of like when we were counting Bowl eligibility and APR slots back in late November and early December.

You're right in that beating Vandy is the big prize (+22 RPI vs -25 RPI), but right now, Oklahoma State, for instance, is 57 RPI points ahead of us. A simple win by us (+22) and a loss by them (-28) still leaves them 7 points ahead of us, but if Air Force (+2.5), Georgia Southern (+2.1), and Mt. Saint Mary's (+2.9) win their games, that would put us ahead of them assuming everything else stays equal.
I'll have to let guys like you sweat it out for me

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Swing Left

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Wichita State won
UNO won
Central Arkansas won
Mount St. Marys won
Jackson St. won
Miami (OH) lost
aTm lost

7-4 so far today

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is the right answer. All the other stuff is fun & interesting. But the bottom line is if we beat Vandy we’re hosting. No question. Lose and we may need to win Friday.

Reactions: skydawg1

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Austin Peay over Stetson - WON
Arkansas over Kentucky - lost
Mount Saint Mary's over Fairfield - WON
Illinois over Iowa - WON
Arizona State over Oregon State - lost
Wichita State over ECU - WON
UNO over TAMU-Corpus Christi - WON
Texas A&M over Tennessee - lost
Miami (OH) over Bowling Green - lost
Central Arkansas over Jacksonville - WON
Jackson State over Bethune-Cookman - WON
Southern Miss over Troy - WON
Murray State over Indiana State - lost
LSU over South Carolina (won't cry much if LSU loses) - WON
NC State over Duke (little bit of a toss up here as NC State seems pretty locked in to host) - lost
UC Riverside over UCSB - lost
UCF over OK State - WON
GA Southern over Old Dominion - WON
UC Irvine over Cal State Northridge - WON
Air Force over Fresno State - WON
Long Beach State over Cal Poly - lost

13-8 on the day. The ECU loss was big. The Oklahoma State was a plus for us as well.