Tie game! Runner on 2nd with no outs!!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
WTF???

I wish you guys could've listened to my son used to play baseball when he watched that play happen. He says it is too bad that we have college players who are still
playing high school baseball on a base path.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
We are a d-1 team in a Power 5 conference, correct?? How in the world do we continue to have brain farts on the bases?!?
#inexcusable.
Like someone said above, he needs to run the bases TONIGHT until he pukes!
However, let’s add to it and make the WHOLE team run until they ALL puke! That should straighten this crap out!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
WTF???

I wish you guys could've listened to my son used to play baseball when he watched that play happen. He says it is too bad that we have college players who are still
playing high school baseball on a base path.
It's not even that we are being aggressive. We're being plumb stupid. If Lemon is so concerned with analytics, he should know that you may as well just be conservative out there and play station to station, rather than give up outs.

I like Cohen's approach better, but at least we were getting thrown out trying to get extra bases and such back then.

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
What are y'all's thoughts about Larry getting caught in a rundown between 3rd and home in the 8th? My opinion is it was again bad baserunning (but not quite as dumbfounding as Downs). Even if the plan was "running on a ground ball at the crack of the bat", I would always tell my Little Leaguers "anywhere but in front of the plate or to the pitcher." If it was in front of the plate or to the pitcher, I would holler "STOP."

Reactions: thekimmer

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What are y'all's thoughts about Larry getting caught in a rundown between 3rd and home in the 8th? My opinion is it was again bad baserunning (but not quite as dumbfounding as Downs). Even if the plan was "running on a ground ball at the crack of the bat", I would always tell my Little Leaguers "anywhere but in front of the plate or to the pitcher." If it was in front of the plate or to the pitcher, I would holler "STOP."
Yes, bad baserunning. Always make sure it gets past the pitcher unless you're bunting.

Runner on 3rd: No outs - it's got to be thru the infield, don't risk making the first out at home. One out - make sure it's not back to the pitcher.

It was a hard hit grounder, but obviously straight back to the pitcher.

Reactions: HomeBoyDawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
We are a d-1 team in a Power 5 conference, correct?? How in the world do we continue to have brain farts on the bases?!?
#inexcusable.
Like someone said above, he needs to run the bases TONIGHT until he pukes!
However, let’s add to it and make the WHOLE team run until they ALL puke! That should straighten this crap out!
tom cruise GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The reason is obvious. Coaching. Like a lot of other long-term issues with our program.
I just about lost my mind yesterday when DJ didn't hit the cutoff man and threw all the way to 3rd w/ no shot at getting him which allowed the batter to advance to 2nd when the cutoff was overthrown. Again, coaching basics