Trojans land former Ohio State starting safety Bryson Shaw

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Big get. The cupboard is bare. Riley will squeeze all potential out of roster, make at least a rose bowl, and next year fill the stocks with torrential talent and the run begins!
I like this pick up, too.

I could be wrong but, given the state of the PAC-12, I think a USC PAC-12 championship is imminently possible in 2022.

Which would at least put us in the conversation for a championship playoff berth.

CurtC

Aug 24, 2017
It's great to see things coming together like this. Sounds like another nice catch for CLR!

Poodlemothra

Aug 24, 2017

I could be wrong but, given the state of the PAC-12, I think a USC PAC-12 championship is imminently possible in 2022.

Which would at least put us in the conversation for a championship playoff berth.
If they can get by Utah, then winning the P 12 is definitely possible.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
If they can get by Utah, then winning the P 12 is definitely possible.

My own observation is, in 2022, most of the Pac-12 team talent will be in the Southern division, and it may turn out to be a real dogfight.

Utah, FCLA and an improved Arizona will all present decent challenges for us. I would have put ASU in that group too, until the wheels came off.

Colorado is an unknown to me, but I don’t have a high degree of confidence that they will finish in the top half of the division.

themythos

Sep 12, 2021

Absolutely. I think falling short this year is a Rose Bowl. Riley is completely believable when he says every year is Rose Bowl or playoffs at the least.

But, will I be disappointed if USC doesn’t make the playoffs? Admittedly, yes. Why? You said it: the PAC is simply weak. Helton’s debacle was in it every year until the end (that never ceased to amaze me). How so? Not because of his prowess, but because of the PAC’s detritus of a league.

Riley is a conqueror. He doesn’t play down or apologize to the weaker foes. He eats them up and moves onto the big dogs. The other coaches know this. They’re not happy. They loved Helton at the helm, as we all know. By the way: Why isn’t anyone (journalists) writing about this truth? How the rest of the conference is wetting their beds right now? Seriously.

These other guys are eating their nails down to the bone, waking up in sweat pools. Anyone who is competent respects a legitimate foe. Riley has already put together a roster that shows the myth of Riley is actually hard reality. His overnight roster that he cobbled together validates the reality of what he brings. Had he not have brought Caleb and the rest, okay, maybe Riley was a fad who is fading. But now we have rumor of greatness and reality of greatness right here, right now.

What does this mean? I think we make the playoffs. Really. We win the PAC, like you said.

Last thing. I want the Big Game. I want it bad, but maybe at this point, as one girl said in my twenties: “Not on the first date.” Me: “second date?” Her: “Promise.”

In this case: second date is second year (for those who need translation.)

USC in the big game next year. Playoffs this year.

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017
Like the Pick up. Waiting on more OL,DL though.
More??? Try, hoping on just a one... on anything.

So far, just one OL, one DL, and two Edge at signing day. Nothing since.

I don’t have high hopes for transfers in 2022.

I’m hoping for transfers in 2023 cause… we better not be depending on true freshmen to fill the gaps in 2023.

Latest posts