Tubberville

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgfan77

Feb 27, 2008
If let go at Auburn, do you think Sexton will call Byrne to gage interest in Tommy Tubberville.

cowbellpresident

Oct 6, 2007
Basically, the ticket to reducing any possible media backlash that comes with firing Croom is hiring a coach with a proven background (aka) Tommy T and even Phat Phil. Say what you want about either of them, but both have run the table in the SEC and have won many more games than they have lost.

dawgatUSM

Apr 6, 2008
I would have him in a heartbeat. I mean, who wouldn't want a guy that's won everywhere he's been?

DawgNsuds

Jun 4, 2007
cowbellpresident said:
Basically, the ticket to reducing any possible media backlash that comes with firing Croom is hiring a coach with a proven background (aka) Tommy T and even Phat Phil. Say what you want about either of them, but both have run the table in the SEC and have won many more games than they have lost.
It's inevitable, we live in a PC world, when we fire Croom, there will be media backlash. I agree with your point though, hiring a proven coach like Tommy T will reduce that. This may be heresy on this board, but I would just as soon keep Croom rather than hiring Phil. I hate him that much and think he is overated. Haven't forgiven him for what he did to Johnny Majors. Yea, yea, I know Tommy screwed Ole Miss, but hey, that's a big plus in my book

patdog

May 28, 2007
1. He looks old and tired these days.
2. He's been as clueless as Crxxm about how to run an effective offense the past 2 years.
3. Other than the 2004-2006 seasons, when he went 22-3 in the SEC, his career at Auburn has been very ordinary by their standards. 30-25 SEC record and at least 3 SEC losses in each of his other 7 seasons at Auburn. Overall, he hasn't won as much as either Dye or Bowden did there.

That said, yeah, I'd take him. But he would't be the sure bet a lot of people think he'd be. There's a reason the natives are restless over on the Plains.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I seem to recall that there was some speculation regarding his health. If I recall correctly - it is chronic neck pain.

Let's say AU does get rid of TT and its confirmed he does have significant health problems and subsequently decides that he loves coaching too much to quit and bears through the pain. There's no question that TT with chronic neck pain would not compare to the TT of old.

Do you then take the chance on him? I'd take a 50% TT over a 100% Croom - no doubt. But, I'm not so sure I'd want him if there were other options. I'd rather go the young and energetic route than gamble on a guy who may not have the ability to put in the 70+ hour workweeks (that's speculation, no idea how many hours coaches put in a week) required at that level.

biguglyjoe

Mar 3, 2008
patdog said:
1. He looks old and tired these days.
<span style="font-weight: bold;">2. He's been as clueless as Crxxm</span> about how to run an effective offense the past 2 years.
3. Other than the 2004-2006 seasons, when he went 22-3 in the SEC, his career at Auburn has been very ordinary by their standards. 30-25 SEC record and at least 3 SEC losses in each of his other 7 seasons at Auburn. Overall, he hasn't won as much as either Dye or Bowden did there.

That said, yeah, I'd take him. But he would't be the sure bet a lot of people think he'd be. There's a reason the natives are restless over on the Plains.
I agree with all but #2. That's just not possible.

biguglyjoe

Mar 3, 2008
had disks fused or replaced in their necks and they were back at work in a month's time. They said the pain was excessive prior to the surgery, but seem to be doing very well now.

Wifesdawg

Jul 22, 2008
He won't come here..For him it's all about the money, like he said many years ago, "This is a business"...And he does look tired....

O

Ole Miss Grad

he wouldn't come to MSU for virtually any amount of money.

I've personally heard him talk too bad about MSU for me to ever believe he would.

Then again......4 million or so might change his mind.

O

Ole Miss Grad

I also remember he no longer had a job at Ole Miss BEFORE he accepted the Auburn job.

He was unemployed and gracious that Auburn paid him well.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
the biggest Ole Miss homer in the entire freaking world. Do you sleep in a bow tie?

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Hey did you hear about the time we told Jimmy Johnson no thanks right after he left the Cowboys?????!!??

cowbell9

Nov 15, 2005
Bellard told J Rice " Son, you just fit at MSU. You will never make it in college ball"

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ole Miss Grad said:
I also remember he no longer had a job at Ole Miss BEFORE he accepted the Auburn job.

He was unemployed and gracious that Auburn paid him well.
Congratulations. You are now the owner of the dumbest post ever posted on SPS.

O

Ole Miss Grad

just telling you what happened.

It was leaked that he met with them a few weeks before.

He was questioned about it and denied it even though there was proof he did.

He was told before he left (and before he officially had the Auburn job) he no longer had a job at Ole Miss.</p>

What I find hard to believe is that none of you have never heard this story.</p>

</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.