Tubberville

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
found out he had a job lined up at Auburn so they fired him before he officially took the job?

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I bet Tubs would have stayed if he had known about the sweet IPF that was coming.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
DawgatAuburn said:
I bet Tubs would have stayed if he had known about the sweet IPF that was coming.

Funny you mention that, because that's one of the main reasons he left. He said that he wanted a stadium expansion and IPF. Schafer basically told him it wasn't happening anytime soon, which is one of the reasons he was looking for other jobs. I still think that his leaving had a lot to do with our South Endzone expansion and IPF. I think he woke some of our boosters and administration up to the fact that you actually have to invest in your program if you want to win.

As far as Grad's rumor, I've never heard it before. However, Grad has good sources and he's usually accurate, so I wouldn't doubt it.

If the story is true though, I don't think it really would've mattered. He was going to Auburn either way whether he had a job at Ole Miss or not.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
that you don't doubt it, Second Biggest Ole Miss Homer I've Ever Met? I think you'd be pissed he took your title away from you.

O

Ole Miss Grad

I'm saying he talked to them initially and lied to Khayat about it. Khayat showed him proof he knew he was lying and told him he better hope he got the job because after the final game regular season game (MSU), he was no longer employed at Ole Miss.

At that time, Tommy didn't have the Auburn job secured.

He promptly went back to his office and threw up in the bathroom.

Later he tried to jack Auburn for a little more money. Ole Miss informed them he would no longer be our coach, so Auburn told him he could take what they were offering or nothing at all.

Obviously he took it.

*Can I swear all this is correct? No.....I'm just repeating what was told by someone in the meeting when he was proved to be lying about meeting with Auburn.
I have no reason not to believe the person that told me this....but I can certainly understand that others might believe it's bs.

O

Ole Miss Grad

Sort of hard for me to the be the biggest Ole Miss homer ever considering I grew up a MSU fan.

O

Ole Miss Grad

that you don't get away with lying to him and letting him find out about it.....and you don't embarrass him with the media.

Tubs did both.

O

Ole Miss Grad

His time was limited regardless of Auburn when he pulled the parking lot stunt.

O

Ole Miss Grad

When he was told no on getting an IPF, the next time it rained he alerted the media and had the players sweeping under the stadium so they could hold practice under the stadium.

Of course the media was gracious and gave him plenty of air time about it.</p>

</p>

He did it just to show up Khayat.</p>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
HD6 said:
that you don't doubt it, Second Biggest Ole Miss Homer I've Ever Met? I think you'd be pissed he took your title away from you.

Like I said, I've never neard this story before, but Grad isn't the type to just make stuff up.

And like I said, it doesn't matter how it went down, Tubby was gone whether he had a job at Ole Miss or not, so I don't see why it matters what went down before or after he took the job.

patdog

May 28, 2007
A couple of things I find interesting:

1. Somehow this story managed to stay under cover for 10 years without any Bulldog I know or you (a pretty big Rebel homer) or a friend of mine who I checked this story out with (possibly a bigger Rebel homer than you) ever hearing about it.

2. The story grows with every post OleMissGrad makes in this thread.

</p>

O

Ole Miss Grad

As I said earlier:

*Can I swear all this is correct? No.....I'm just repeating what was told by someone in the meeting when he was proved to be lying about meeting with Auburn.
I have no reason not to believe the person that told me this....but I can certainly understand that others might believe it's bs.</p>

</p>

Added: The person that told this was a big fan and friend of Tubs, in addition to being an employee at Ole Miss....another reason I tend to believe it.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
I guess your source must have followed Tuberville back to his personal office after the meeting to watch him throw up in the bathroom.
</p>

</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
There is no doubt that Ole Miss fired Tubby. I mean honestly, who would ever leave that great place on their own?

O

Ole Miss Grad

patdog said:
I guess your source must have followed Tuberville back to his personal office after the meeting to watch him throw up in the bathroom.
</p>
Two sources......one at the meeting......Secretary on the puking.

O

Ole Miss Grad

it's been told on many boards since it happened. That's why I was shocked no one had ever heard it.

O

Ole Miss Grad

His staff didn't want to leave, nor did most of Cutcliffe's or Orgeron's.

Tommy still owns land in Oxford.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Ole Miss Grad said:
His staff didn't want to leave, nor did most of Cutcliffe's or Orgeron's.

Tommy still owns land in Oxford.
That's just for his pine box

SoxFan343

Feb 25, 2008
and I'm surprised many of you haven't.

I don't believe it, but I've heard it. It's no secret Tubberville and Khayat weren't to fond of each other. The rumor probably comes from their rocky relationship.

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
Ole Miss Grad said:
Later he tried to jack Auburn for a little more money. Ole Miss informed them he would no longer be our coach, so Auburn told him he could take what they were offering or nothing at all. .

So he thought he may be out of a job... was so worried about it that he puked in the bathroom... but then he turned right around and started haggling with Auburn for more money? This is the biggest bunch of ******** I have ever heard. I don't care who the so called sources were.

O

Ole Miss Grad

I assumed it was pretty clear all this didn't happen on the same day.

O

Ole Miss Grad

Mighty expensive burial plot....over 1/2 million value of just raw land.

The Lord Humongous

Mar 1, 2008
SoxFan343 said:
and I'm surprised many of you haven't.

I don't believe it, but I've heard it. It's no secret Tubberville and Khayat weren't to fond of each other. The rumor probably comes from their rocky relationship.
I'd heard Khayat got wind of the AU dealings and was pissed b/c TT had assured him days earlier he wasn't going anywhere. Supposedly there was a confrontation b/w the two but I've not heard TT was summarily fired. At the time of the confrontation Tubs already knew he had another job. I don't think Khayat had the nads to actually fire him. He doesn't have nearly the cojones to tell the UM fan base y'all were losing your best coach since Vaught. NO WAY he told the man he was fired...sheer embellishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.