U17/U20 Nationals, April 24-28 in Las Vegas

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Saw it on another site that he injured his back or something but finished the bout anyway. Not sure if he'll continue.

I watched the match and Davis had what I thought was a knee injury. He had two injury timeouts and basically let the other guy score at will. Davis was barely able to stand but was determined to finish the match. He had a big enough lead that he could get away with that strategy. I’d be surprised if he wrestled another match in this tournament.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I watched the match and Davis had what I thought was a knee injury. He had two injury timeouts and basically let the other guy score at will. Davis was barely able to stand but was determined to finish the match. He had a big enough lead that he could get away with that strategy. I’d be surprised if he wrestled another match in this tournament.
Sorry I’m just getting to check in here, but I watched it too and yes, it certainly did not look good.

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Davis doesn’t seem to be favoring his knee at all. No limp. Still 2-0 at top of the second. Maybe the earlier injury was cramps?

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Penn State recruit Bo Bassett (Bishop McCort High School Wrestling) VSU Carter Nogle (HeadHunters Wrestling Club) , 10-0 1:57

Reactions: Seltz

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Thank you guys keep them coming. Should have our middle weight guys coming and a couple heavier guys

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Joseph Blaze (Boilermaker RTC) VPO Tristan Steldt (Askren Wrestling Academy) , 9-0

Joe Sealey up 7-1 with 50 seconds left in the first.

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
79 kg:
Zack Ryder, M2 Training Center has been assigned to Mat 18

William Henckel, Blairstown Wrestling Club has been assigned to Mat 14

Last edited:

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
79kg:
Penn State verbal commit William Henckel (Blairstown Wrestling Club) VFA Blake Hinrichsen (Central Coast Regional Training Center) , 1:28 Fall

86kg:
Joshua Barr, Nittany Lion Wrestling Club has been assigned to Mat 13.

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Joshua Barr (Nittany Lion Wrestling Club) VSU Tomas Brooker (Boone RTC) , 10-0 0:32 Fall

92kg:
Connor Mirasola, Askren Wrestling Academy has been assigned to Mat 13

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
Luke Lilledahl, Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, coming up on Mat 4.

Nathan Desmond, Pennsylvania, .has been assigned to Mat 2.

Jax Forrest, Bishop McCort High School Wrestling has been assigned to Mat 3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lionlover

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
61kg: Penn State vs. Penn State
Kyison Garcia (Nittany Lion Wrestling Club) VPO1 Braeden Davis (Nittany Lion Wrestling Club) , 3-3

2 of Braeden’s points were for passivity. And at the end of the match, he wanted a third which would have given him the win. It was not awarded and Garcia won by criteria based on a 2-point takedown.

Last edited:

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
65kg: This was a bar-burner of a match. Worth watching the video replay.

Bo Bassett (Bishop McCort High School Wrestling) VPO1 Sergio Vega (Cyclones Wrestling & Fitness) , 14-12

Reactions: Spice67

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
61kg:
Kyison Garcia (Nittany Lion Wrestling Club) VPO1 Braeden Davis (Nittany Lion Wrestling Club) , 3-3

2 of Braeden’s points were for passivity. And at the end of the match, he wanted a third which would have given him the win. It was not awarded and Garcia won by criteria based on a 2-point takedown.
65kg: This was a bar-burner of a match. Worth watching the video replay.

Bo Bassett (Bishop McCort High School Wrestling) VPO1 Sergio Vega (Cyclones Wrestling & Fitness) , 14-12
Hopefully Cael and staff are recruiting Bassett and Forrest really hard. All hands on deck for those 2 and an Elite HWT….

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
79kg:
William Henckel (Blairstown Wrestling Club) VSU Bradley Gillum (Southern Illinois Regional Training Center) , 10-0 1:42

BlisterSister

Nov 9, 2021
UPDATE: I checked the recruiting spreadsheet. This is the wrong Blaze. We’re recruiting MARCUS BLAZE, not Joseph Blaze. Sorry for the mix-up!

74kg:
Ladarion Lockett (Cowboy Wrestling Club) VPO1 Joseph Blaze (Boilermaker RTC) , 8-5

Blaze was behind the whole match and scored his 5 points in the last minute of wrestling. I think this is the Blaze that beat Jax Forrest ant the Olympic Trials and who we are recruiting. If I have the wrong guy, let me know.

Last edited: