UNC Hiring Hubert Davis..

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,693
24,554
113
Seems a little underwhelming, but he's been there for almost a decade. So, it shouldn't be too much of a transition.

I wonder if they were in the Chris Beard sweepstakes.

Hopefully Garrison Brooks isn't impressed**
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Davis is awesome, idk how good a coach he is but does it really matter when you have 10 NBA players on your roster at all times.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
Not a big surprise that UNC wanted to keep it to UNC people. I think the other major candidate was Wes Miller at UNC Greensboro.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,034
2,796
113
Davis is awesome, idk how good a coach he is but does it really matter when you have 10 NBA players on your roster at all times.

Our women's coach has shown that yes, coaching ability (or apparent lack thereof) does matter, even if you have highly talented players on your roster.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
Nah. Just Matt Doherty.

Bill Guthridge succeeded Smith, coached three seasons, and led UNC to two Final Fours.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,876
17,131
113
I’ll take your word for it. I just remembered at the end people saying “it’s time to go, he can’t win like Dean.” Guess it’s hard to follow a legend.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,034
2,796
113
That's why I hedged my response. I said "highly talented" players. At the moment we don't even have 10 players, WNBA or otherwise.

But the point was that the coach can crash a team, regardless of talent level.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina