Underrated Bands - Thoughts and Nominees

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Lead singer for Firefall was Rick Roberts formally with the Burrito Brothers. He also attended USC in the late 60’s- early 70’s. Was a member of the band Speed Limit 35 who played around town a lot in those days. Saw them many times.
I did not know that, I had a close friend that was a huge Firefall fan also a USC Alum. Another band I could never get enough of was The Outlaws, those guitars in that band we're crazy good! I always liked Hurry Sundown more than the acclaimed Green Grass and High Tides.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
I did not know that, I had a close friend that was a huge Firefall fan also a USC Alum. Another band I could never get enough of was The Outlaws, those guitars in that band we're crazy good! I always liked Hurry Sundown more than the acclaimed Green Grass and High Tides.
Firefall were awesome and way underrated. Could say the same for America.
I saw the Outlaws at Carolina- Outdoor concert. I lost my cooler and ended up with someone else's that was stocked to the max with all types of libations. And then there is the story of the two Cockettes that waned some of those fine libations.

Reactions: Cackmandu

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I had forgotten about Firefall. Was a fan of them as well, however Firefall was more in the country/rock genre, unlike Ambrosia.
You’re right, that’s a pretty big sound! Been so long since I listened to that Life beyond LA album, I just lumped them into the yacht rock genre!

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
Savoy Brown - Street Corner Talking and Jack the Toad

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Firefall were awesome and way underrated. Could say the same for America.
I saw the Outlaws at Carolina- Outdoor concert. I lost my cooler and ended up with someone else's that was stocked to the max with all types of libations. And then there is the story of the two Cockettes that waned some of those fine libations.
Dang I missed that one, but I did get to see Bonnie Raitt way back, with the Nighthawks opening, fun sunburn day!

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
For me The Clash are a well known part of Punk music. Right there with the Sex Pistols

An unknown from The Clash would be

Big Audio Dynamite

Other good bands who were a mix of well known bands.

Audioslave
The Firm
Power Station
Electronic
Velvet Revolver

Unfortunately these mixed bands only produced one or maybe two albums
Many are unaware that the Power Station was a supergroup composed of Robert Palmer, along with the former drummer for Chic, and 2 members of Duran Duran. They named themselves after the Power Station recording studio.

Surfcock

Jul 24, 2022
A few more that have entered this old mind of mine

Agent Orange
The Untouchables
Madness
The Cult
KFDM
Underworld
VNV Nation
Khruangbin