Going for 2 was right call, our defense couldn’t do anything… just wish we had a better play call
stfu our defense kept us in this game.Tulsa has a terrible defense
Terrible
Allowing 45 is keeping us in the game??stfu our defense kept us in this game.
| STATISTICS |
|
|
|---|---|---|
| 1st Downs | 27 | 22 |
| 3rd down efficiency | 8-19 | 3-17 |
| 4th down efficiency | 3-4 | 5-5 |
| Total Yards | 559 | 352 |
| Passing | 332 | 211 |
| Comp/Att | 24/39 | 25/43 |
| Yards per pass | 8.5 | 4.9 |
| Interceptions thrown | 2 | 0 |
| Rushing | 227 | 141 |
| Rushing Attempts | 45 | 37 |
| Yards per rush | 5.0 | 3.8 |
| Penalties | 9-63 | 3-35 |
| Turnovers | 3 | 0 |
| Fumbles lost | 1 | 0 |
| Interceptions thrown | 2 | 0 |
| Possession | 34:42 | 25:18 |
Yes, first it was 38 in regulation. Second the offense left them on the field too much. Third they got 3 turnovers, Fourth they outgained up by a lot because they got left on the field too much.Allowing 45 is keeping us in the game??
Reminds me of the game in Houston where Brewbaker (I think) was handed the ball on offense at the one-yard line and was short by an inch or two. I got to go to the Houston and Navy away games that year.Going for 2 was right call, our defense couldn’t do anything… just wish we had a better play call
Ya I agree, the offense imo is what cost us this game , horrible play calling , have to help the defense outYes, first it was 38 in regulation. Second the offense left them on the field too much. Third they got 3 turnovers, Fourth they outgained up by a lot.
Those 2 games were brutal !Reminds me of the game in Houston where Brewbaker (I think) was handed the ball on offense at the one-yard line and was short by an inch or two. I got to go to the Houston and Navy away games that year.
Turnovers made it close, times of possession is why it wasn't a Tulsa win by 10+ in regular time.Stats
STATISTICS ![]()
![]()
1st Downs 27 22 3rd down efficiency 8-19 3-17 4th down efficiency 3-4 5-5 Total Yards 559 352 Passing 332 211 Comp/Att 24/39 25/43 Yards per pass 8.5 4.9 Interceptions thrown 2 0 Rushing 227 141 Rushing Attempts 45 37 Yards per rush 5.0 3.8 Penalties 9-63 3-35 Turnovers 3 0 Fumbles lost 1 0 Interceptions thrown 2 0 Possession 34:42 25:18
I don’t necessarily dis agree with going for it but Singleton needs to turn up field and use his speed and quit trying to juke guys.Just like last year goes for 2 at home and losses then temple know unt so we are assured 4 and 8
IIRCC UH had 12 men on the field and the refs refused to review a spot that gave Navy the game.Those 2 games were brutal !
The Navy game was the killer... it was a great trip for the wife and I. We visited the Naval Academy and ate crab cakes at a local place they don't tell the tourists about.Those 2 games were brutal !
I can't stand HoustonIIRCC UH had 12 men on the field and the refs refused to review a spot that gave Navy the game.
Houston had 13 on the field.IIRCC UH had 12 men on the field and the refs refused to review a spot that gave Navy the game.
If that call would have went against us on the road we would be talking about it for weeks.I will say, I might get heat for this but we really shouldn't have made it to overtime. That TD catch we had, that should have been overturned. Now we still could have scored since it was only second down but still.... That was a really bad call that went in our favor big time
I don’t disagree but 2nd and goal from the 5 I think we score anyway. The 4th down conversions are what got us to OTI will say, I might get heat for this but we really shouldn't have made it to overtime. That TD catch we had, that should have been overturned. Now we still could have scored since it was only second down but still.... That was a really bad call that went in our favor big time
I absolutely disagree with your assessment. If the officials didn’t go to the monitor and review it then yeah I would be with you but it was reviewed and it was upheld. Touchdown Tulsa. There is no should have been overturned about it.I will say, I might get heat for this but we really shouldn't have made it to overtime. That TD catch we had, that should have been overturned. Now we still could have scored since it was only second down but still.... That was a really bad call that went in our favor big time
The only way that was a TD would be if our receiver re-established his foot back in bounds prior to touching the ball. That didn’t occur. Should have been incomplete. Replay simply got it wrongI absolutely disagree with your assessment. If the officials didn’t go to the monitor and review it then yeah I would be with you but it was reviewed and it was upheld. Touchdown Tulsa. There is no should have been overturned about it.
Inside Tulsa Sports Football
Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
Inside Tulsa Sports Football
After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
Inside Tulsa Sports Football
Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
Inside Tulsa Sports Football
Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
Inside Tulsa Sports Football
Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game