USC cans valedictorian's speech

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Too many people on this thread are too openly comfortable with their Islamophobia and anti-brownness.

Another race baiter has joined the board.

News flash for you: it's not about race, it is about culture. And "brown" is not a race anyway.

Guess you missed it when the BLM founders said Arabs are white.

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
Runs to the liberal democRAT ‘talking head” media to spew her venom…

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE…

She calls for the “complete abolishment” of Isreal.

“From the River to the Sea.”

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
Too many people on this thread are too openly comfortable with their Islamophobia and anti-brownness.

@EdtheConquerer17

CORRECTION:

The MANY thinking people, who know and understand World History, more importantly (in this case) Middle East History…

Are NOT islamophobic, they realize Islam and western society are NOT EQUAL and defiantly NOT capable of living peaceable, with each other.

1000s of years of World History and Middle Eastern History, support this opinion.

IMG_4468.gif

What happens to society’s as the Muslim population grows in percentage of the total?

In the book, “Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat” by Dr. Peter Hammond

He explores the topic of the impact that an increasing Muslim population has on that society. The lists below illustrate the Muslim population status of countries around the world, and exactly what changes to the societies can be expected according to Hammond.

The book as well as the author are controversial, but the topic is definitely something that needs to be explored and understood.

From the book:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States — Muslim 0.6%

Australia — Muslim 1.5%

Canada — Muslim 1.9%

China — Muslim 1.8%

Italy — Muslim 1.5%

Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.

This is happening in:

Denmark — Muslim 2%

Germany — Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%

Spain — Muslim 4%

Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for

Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France — Muslim 8%

Philippines — 5%

Sweden — Muslim 5%

Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) underSharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana — Muslim 10%

India — Muslim 13.4%

Israel — Muslim 16%

Kenya — Muslim 10%

Russia — Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%

Chad — Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizyah Tax, (a tax placed on infidels) such as in:

Albania — Muslim 70%

Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%

Qatar — Muslim 77.5%

Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%

Egypt — Muslim 90%

Gaza — Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%

Iran — Muslim 98%

Iraq — Muslim 97%

Jordan — Muslim 92%

Morocco — Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan — Muslim 97%

Palestine — Muslim 99%

Syria — Muslim 90%

Tajikistan — Muslim 90%

Turkey — Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace. Here there’s supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%

Somalia — Muslim 100%

Yemen — Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

Again, we are NOT islamophobic, we realize Islam and western society are NOT EQUAL and defiantly NOT capable of living peaceable, with each other.

World History and Middle Eastern History proves this.

Convince me, I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
What's your point? There are people in every religion that openly express views like this. Here in the US, men are openly espousing Christianity are actively working to take away a woman's right to choose and otherwise subjugate them relative to men.
Comparing abortion rights to beating a woman to death in public for exposing her face?

NO, this is not every religion. It's only one.

Oldschoolrock

Aug 24, 2017
one thing for sure, America is done....
how can protestors block the main North South artery in bay area for 4 hours, I would have pushed these pos scum off the bridge for an In and Out burger....

Liberals are the bane of society....violence is coming to America that has not been seen since the 1800's, count on it

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
@EdtheConquerer17

CORRECTION:

The MANY thinking people, who know and understand World History, more importantly (in this case) Middle East History…

Are NOT islamophobic, they realize Islam and western society are NOT EQUAL and defiantly NOT capable of living peaceable, with each other.

1000s of years of World History and Middle Eastern History, support this opinion.

View attachment 559971

What happens to society’s as the Muslim population grows in percentage of the total?

In the book, “Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat” by Dr. Peter Hammond

He explores the topic of the impact that an increasing Muslim population has on that society. The lists below illustrate the Muslim population status of countries around the world, and exactly what changes to the societies can be expected according to Hammond.

The book as well as the author are controversial, but the topic is definitely something that needs to be explored and understood.

From the book:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States — Muslim 0.6%

Australia — Muslim 1.5%

Canada — Muslim 1.9%

China — Muslim 1.8%

Italy — Muslim 1.5%

Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.

This is happening in:

Denmark — Muslim 2%

Germany — Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%

Spain — Muslim 4%

Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for

Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France — Muslim 8%

Philippines — 5%

Sweden — Muslim 5%

Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) underSharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana — Muslim 10%

India — Muslim 13.4%

Israel — Muslim 16%

Kenya — Muslim 10%

Russia — Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%

Chad — Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizyah Tax, (a tax placed on infidels) such as in:

Albania — Muslim 70%

Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%

Qatar — Muslim 77.5%

Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%

Egypt — Muslim 90%

Gaza — Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%

Iran — Muslim 98%

Iraq — Muslim 97%

Jordan — Muslim 92%

Morocco — Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan — Muslim 97%

Palestine — Muslim 99%

Syria — Muslim 90%

Tajikistan — Muslim 90%

Turkey — Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace. Here there’s supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%

Somalia — Muslim 100%

Yemen — Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

Again, we are NOT islamophobic, we realize Islam and western society are NOT EQUAL and defiantly NOT capable of living peaceable, with each other.

World History and Middle Eastern History proves this.

Convince me, I’m wrong.
Here is the problem, why do we care about Muslims if we have .6%. Because we get sucked in to this middle east drama. They love to make the US the bad guy. We are not the bad guy, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar all these Muslim countries with endless riches who hoard it for themselves are the bad guys. Those are the countries that should be under attack, its their religion, , but the US is the ultimate enabler. We get suckered into being the target. We need to walk away from the middle east and never look back. We don't need the oil, we can do fine without it. We know that by now. Close every base and embassy and end this misery.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Here is the problem, why do we care about Muslims if we have .6%. Because we get sucked in to this middle east drama. They love to make the US the bad guy. We are not the bad guy, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar all these Muslim countries with endless riches who hoard it for themselves are the bad guys. Those are the countries that should be under attack, its their religion, , but the US is the ultimate enabler. We get suckered into being the target. We need to walk away from the middle east and never look back. We don't need the oil, we can do fine without it. We know that by now. Close every base and embassy and end this misery.
I agree with the tone of this. Goes a bit too far, but I agree with the overall concept

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
one thing for sure, America is done....
how can protestors block the main North South artery in bay area for 4 hours, I would have pushed these pos scum off the bridge for an In and Out burger....

Liberals are the bane of society....violence is coming to America that has not been seen since the 1800's, count on it
No kidding. At least some California Republicans are trying to do something about it (though even if it passes, it’s nowhere near enough). We’ll see how far it gets:

Reactions: Pudly76

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Someone that if given the button to drop a nuclear bomb on Israel wouldn’t hesitate has the same mindset as a Dahmer
That’s quite a stretch.
Does anyone know if this young lady is even Palestinian?

I think I’m starting to understand why and how she was chosen, out of all these other candidates. Veebs @uscvball is absolutely correct. It doesn’t pass the smell test. But I think I understand what they were trying to do. There have been several other graduation ceremonies disrupted by Pro- Palestinian protesters. To the point where some of them just gave up.

I think USC was trying to throw the Pro Palestine contingent at USC a bone, as simple as that. It was a clumsy and not very well thought out attempt at ” can’t we all just get along for a few hours?”

I think it could have worked too, but not without some kind of detente reached between the two groups. Which, in this hyper-enflamed atmosphere was probably impossible.

My views on this situation are fairly simple, and haven’t really changed in 50 years. The ONLY way there will ever be peace in this region is a Two State solution.

I 100 million percent support Israel’s right to exist. That is non negotiable. I also believe the Palestinians have the right to have their own state and be self governing.

Unfortunately there are people on both sides of issue who aren’t having it.

I also think it is quite acceptable to be equally appalled at the atrocities perpetrated on Oct 7th by these Hamas psychopaths and the suffering, death and destruction brought on by Israel’s justified but monstrously heavy handed reaction. How many Palestinian deaths will be appropriate? What’s it at now? 30,000? With no end in sight. I really want to know the answer. How many?

As Bob Marley said in his song Natural Mystic

This could be the first trumpet
Might as well be the last
Many more will have to suffer
Many more will have to die
Don't ask me why

Last edited:
Reactions: EdtheConquerer17

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
That’s quite a stretch.

I think I’m starting to understand why and how she was chosen, out of all these other candidates. Veebs @uscvball is absolutely correct. It doesn’t pass the smell test. But I think I understand what they were trying to do. There have been several other graduation ceremonies disrupted by Pro- Palestinian protesters. To the point where some of them just gave up.

I think USC was trying to throw the Pro Palestine contingent at USC a bone, as simple as that. It was a clumsy and not very well thought out attempt at ” can’t we all just get along for a few hours?”

I think it could have worked too, but not without some kind of detente reached between the two groups. Which, in this hyper-enflamed atmosphere was probably impossible.

My views on this situation are fairly simple, and haven’t really changed in 50 years. The ONLY way there will ever be peace in this region is a Two State solution.

I 100 million percent support Israel’s right to exist. That is non negotiable. I also believe the Palestinians have the right to have their own state and be self governing.

Unfortunately there are people on both sides of issue who aren’t having it.

I also think it is quite acceptable to be equally appalled at the atrocities perpetrated on Oct 7th by these Hamas psychopaths and the suffering, death and destruction brought on by Israel’s justified but monstrously heavy handed reaction. How many Palestinian deaths will be appropriate? What’s it at now? 30,000? With no end in sight. I really want to know the answer. How many?

As Bob Marley said in his song Natural Mystic

This could be the first trumpet
Might as well be the last
Many more will have to suffer
Many more will have to die
Don't ask me why
You are making one big assumption that is not true. You assume these are just innocent by-standers.
The vast majority of the Palestine people are the enemy of Israel. They overwhelmingly support Hamas.
Why is this any different than any other war that has ever happened?
So, the answer is: As many as it takes to get the job done.

Unlike any other war in history, one side warns the other side and provides corridors to safety.
When have you ever seen that on this scale?
The U.S. did it in Vietnam, but not on a scale like this.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
That’s quite a stretch.

She is a pro-Palestinian Muslim. I believe her parents came here from Afghanistan.

Correct, the détente would have been unsuccessful because tension on college campuses, which has gone mostly unchecked by university administrations, has been going on since October 8th. Some Jewish students at USC haven't felt safe for months.

"My main point of contention is the fact that the university would select somebody who is so outspoken on such a contentious and incendiary and polarizing issue right now," senior Mary Rayant said.

Rayant, who is Jewish, said he wants USC to apologize for the selection. He also wrote Tabassum a letter after the announcement, hoping to have a conversation.

"To try to give her a perspective, I believe she may be lacking because it is such a highly polarized and politicized issue," he said.

Senior Sabrina Jahan, who is also Jewish, said she has received threats, harassed and received backlash after USC's decision. "We wouldn't want to give this platform and the highest honor for our university to someone who not only defies the university's values and fails to exemplify those values but actively promotes that kind of hate speech," she said."

Jahan added that she feels less safe at USC.

"Personally, I do not feel as safe coming to school every day as I used to," she said."

The students at USC who participated yesterday in a protest to have Asna speak, were told to wear hoodies and facemasks. Why? I am both dumbfounded and not, at the decision-making by what are supposed to be intelligent, thoughtful, advanced thinkers in the USC administration and in particular, Guzman. He has now basically tainted Commencement for EVERYONE. He's new but I'd be good with it if he resigned or was fired.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
You are making one big assumption that is not true. You assume these are just innocent by-standers.
The vast majority of the Palestine people are the enemy of Israel. They overwhelmingly support Hamas.
Why is this any different than any other war that has ever happened?
So, the answer is: As many as it takes to get the job done.

Unlike any other war in history, one side warns the other side and provides corridors to safety.
When have you ever seen that on this scale?
The U.S. did it in Vietnam, but not on a scale like this.
So, 100,000? 30,000 babies? When does it become a Genocide? Or is that the goal?

Let me ask you this? Why did Netanyahu funnel millions of dollars of Qatari money to Hamas?

I’ll tell you what I think, using his own words.

Netanyahu himself said in 2019 at a Likud party conference: “Anyone who wants to prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state needs to support strengthening Hamas.”

Like I said above, the only a solution is a Two State one. I also said there are entities on both sides who are very much against it. In particular the Likud Party and Hamas.

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
She is a pro-Palestinian Muslim. I believe her parents came here from Afghanistan.

Correct, the détente would have been unsuccessful because tension on college campuses, which has gone mostly unchecked by university administrations, has been going on since October 8th. Some Jewish students at USC haven't felt safe for months.

"My main point of contention is the fact that the university would select somebody who is so outspoken on such a contentious and incendiary and polarizing issue right now," senior Mary Rayant said.

Rayant, who is Jewish, said he wants USC to apologize for the selection. He also wrote Tabassum a letter after the announcement, hoping to have a conversation.

"To try to give her a perspective, I believe she may be lacking because it is such a highly polarized and politicized issue," he said.

Senior Sabrina Jahan, who is also Jewish, said she has received threats, harassed and received backlash after USC's decision. "We wouldn't want to give this platform and the highest honor for our university to someone who not only defies the university's values and fails to exemplify those values but actively promotes that kind of hate speech," she said."

Jahan added that she feels less safe at USC.

"Personally, I do not feel as safe coming to school every day as I used to," she said."

The students at USC who participated yesterday in a protest to have Asna speak, were told to wear hoodies and facemasks. Why? I am both dumbfounded and not, at the decision-making by what are supposed to be intelligent, thoughtful, advanced thinkers in the USC administration and in particular, Guzman. He has now basically tainted Commencement for EVERYONE. He's new but I'd be good with it if he resigned or was fired.
Do you expect her to be an anti Palestinian Muslim? I know they exist, but almost never in the context of being Pro Israel. In fact usually quite the opposite.

Agree on Guzman, I don’t see how he can survive.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Do you expect her to be an anti Palestinian Muslim? I know they exist, but almost never in the context of being Pro Israel. In fact usually quite the opposite.

Anti Palestinian Arabs: Jordan, Syria, Egypt

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

I personally don't expect her to be anything other than what she is. I only wrote that as a form of identification, not a judgement.

There are however, plenty of Muslims who are not pro-Palestinian. There are Arabs who are both Christian and some who are pro-Israel. There are Iranians who are Christian and some, Jewish.

Arab states have not allowed Palestinians to resettle in their territory. "Noteworthy in this entire conflict since Oct. 7 has been the lack of reaction or response from the Arab world. Saudi Arabia continues to hold the door open for a peace agreement with Israel. The UAE, Morocco and Bahrain didn’t even withdraw ambassadors. Jordan did, but of course with about half of its population being Palestinian, Jordan has a particular problem. That lack of reaction I think is very telling. If you needed another example that Arab states are not viscerally concerned about the Palestinians and their fate, this would be it."

What did Lebanon do in 1975 to Palestinians in East Beirut? In 1985, troops backed by Syria and Iran destroyed Palestinian camps for 3 years, killing an untold amount.

The fact that conflict is now being framed solely as Israel vs Palestine is head-scratching as pretty much the entire Middle East has tried to destroy Palestinians but it's only now a problem because it's Israel?

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
I personally don't expect her to be anything other than what she is. I only wrote that as a form of identification, not a judgement.

There are however, plenty of Muslims who are not pro-Palestinian. There are Arabs who are both Christian and some who are pro-Israel. There are Iranians who are Christian and some, Jewish.

Arab states have not allowed Palestinians to resettle in their territory. "Noteworthy in this entire conflict since Oct. 7 has been the lack of reaction or response from the Arab world. Saudi Arabia continues to hold the door open for a peace agreement with Israel. The UAE, Morocco and Bahrain didn’t even withdraw ambassadors. Jordan did, but of course with about half of its population being Palestinian, Jordan has a particular problem. That lack of reaction I think is very telling. If you needed another example that Arab states are not viscerally concerned about the Palestinians and their fate, this would be it."

What did Lebanon do in 1975 to Palestinians in East Beirut? In 1985, troops backed by Syria and Iran destroyed Palestinian camps for 3 years, killing an untold amount.

The fact that conflict is now being framed solely as Israel vs Palestine is head-scratching as pretty much the entire Middle East has tried to destroy Palestinians but it's only now a problem because it's Israel?
Egypt did not build that very impressive wall to keep out Israeli's.

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
STANDING their GROUND….

38,000 signatures and USC stands firm, cancels all commencement speakers, honorary degree ceremonies after valedictorian backlash.

The university will still hold its main-stage ceremony on May 10, along with five celebration events, 38 satellite ceremonies, and 65 receptions.

The University of Southern California (USC) canceled all of its commencement speakers and honorary degree ceremonies on Friday, after it faced heavy backlash from canceling its valedictorian’s speech over security concerns.

The university pulled valedictorian Asna Tabassum’s speech on Monday, after Tabassum posted pro-Palestinian content on social media. The university claimed the cancellation was solely out of concern for Tabassum’s safety, and was not meant to silence her or as a punishment.

The campus said on Friday that it was restructuring its commencement, and would not include a planned speech from USC alumnus Jon M. Chu, who directed "Crazy Rich Asians,” or feature other honorary degree guests like tennis icon Billie Jean King, head of the National Endowment for the Arts Maria Rosario Jackson, and National Academy of Sciences President Marcia McNutt.

"Given the highly publicized circumstances surrounding our main-stage commencement program, university leadership has decided it is best to release our outside speakers and honorees from attending this year's ceremony," school officials wrote, per KABC. "We've been talking to this exceptional group and hope to confer these honorary degrees at a future commencement or other academic ceremonies."

• Sad
Reactions: SouthbayTrojan91

SC200SC

Aug 24, 2017
They’re a lot of Jewish people in the diaspora and in Israel itself who are also Anti-Zionist. That is such a loaded term nowadays.

i‘ll be honest, I never heard of her before this thread. Seems like there will be protests either way.

Let me ask you this, is it her mere presence that is the issue, or do they think she‘s going to turn the speech into some kind of political diatribe. Because technically, it doesn’t have to be that because it really has nothing to do with politics. It’s about celebrating her success at USC and her journey, which by all accounts has been pretty successful.
There are not a lot of Jews who are anti Zionist. There are some. They generally are Ultra Orthodox who believe that God's plan should not be interfered with by men. (In no way are these folks antisemitic, they are hyper Jewish).
And then there are Jewish Communists who have no interest in the blood that flows through their veins, but their political views are their all important focus.

As for you sir, I have interacted with you for years. I understand your sensitivities to racism, and have honored them. Yet, here you are crossing my lines? Would you be saying any of this if she were KKK?

No, I didn't think so....

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017
If you open up, you’d realize there is a lot of hate going both ways.

Example, this pro-Gaza stuff… some of the rhetoric is equivalent to,

“defund the police!”

People should think twice before launching a campaign; eliminate the hate and prepare a salient and logical response rather than, “defund the police!!

retarded!!

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
No, Folt did the right thing.

there are few right choices. And the proper choice is to, “not allow a voice which may entice hate and division!”

I say, if this gets further out-of-hand… cancel the entire ceremony - mail the diplomas.
the right thing would have to not selected her in the first place. That choice was utterly moronic.

trojandave

Aug 24, 2017
the right thing would have to not selected her in the first place. That choice was utterly moronic.
i agree. Nothing about race. Just don’t make a controversial selection.

Who makes these selections anyway? I don’t think Folt had a say in this.

btw - A minority female engineer? DEI selection? Not your typical excelling engineer.

that bring up another issue with education. The very same thing that the recently retired senior editor from NPR pointed out. Too much voice from the progressive side. Not enough, or frankly, derision towards voices the progressive side refuses to objectively hear.

trojanfanpdx

Sep 6, 2021
There is no good way out of it now. Guzman and Folt have screwed it up for everyone.
Very true. Folt’s lack of common sense leadership on October 8th was the beginning. Was a McKay donor (past eight years)with one more pledge left and planned on extending. Also C&G Premier, and Marshall Partners. Contacted the development office and told them they will no longer receive another penny from me. Such a shame there is so much hate and evil in this world. Folt needs to go as do the misinformed antisemitic individuals on college campuses across the country!

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
There are not a lot of Jews who are anti Zionist. There are some. They generally are Ultra Orthodox who believe that God's plan should not be interfered with by men. (In no way are these folks antisemitic, they are hyper Jewish).
And then there are Jewish Communists who have no interest in the blood that flows through their veins, but their political views are their all important focus.

As for you sir, I have interacted with you for years. I understand your sensitivities to racism, and have honored them. Yet, here you are crossing my lines? Would you be saying any of this if she were KKK?

No, I didn't think so....
Oh please. I haven’t said anything remotely racist or anti semetic in this thread.

Reactions: EdtheConquerer17

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
If you open up, you’d realize there is a lot of hate going both ways.

Example, this pro-Gaza stuff… some of the rhetoric is equivalent to,

“defund the police!”

People should think twice before launching a campaign; eliminate the hate and prepare a salient and logical response rather than, “defund the police!!

retarded!!
Which rhetoric is that?

Latest posts