Uvalde School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
How is that not designed to kill? This lever action rifle can shoot 11 shots as quick as you can jerk the lever. And it’s a .44 caliber which is even more powerful than the one the kid used.
no a trained shooter could do that, not some idiot kid. Thats the entire point

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
CORRECTION: They (schools) and ALL “gun free zones,” need protection from EVIL people.

NO one should live in fear for their lives is a myopic world view. NOT possible, living in a world of EVIL people.
They need extreme protection almost entirely from evil people with guns, guns that allow evil people to geometrically express their evil against innocents. If those evil people had only knives and clubs, or guns that could only chamber one round at a time, they couldn’t inflict their evil in such a widespread manner.

Guns don’t kill people but they make it far too easy for those who want to kill.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
I never understood why any civilian would need to buy body armor. To me that is a red flag. People do not wear body armor unless they intend to engage in some kind of armed exchange of fire. Hunters don't need them unless they are hunting with Dick Cheney....:oops:;). All kidding aside I see lots of non-military and non-law enforcement types having access to body armor and do not understand it.

I agree. Body armor seems like a huge red flag.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
"Texas cops have revealed that there was no armed guard on campus when the gunman arrived on Tuesday which allowed him to walk 'unobstructed' through an unlocked door and into the building where he slaughtered 21 people.

At a press conference on Thursday afternoon, Victor Escalon, the Regional Director for the Department of Public Safety South Texas, said Salvador Ramos walked through an unlocked door 'unobstructed' and that there was no guard 'readily available'.

Ramos entered the school at 11.40am, 12 minutes after crashing his truck outside the school and walking towards campus with his AR-15. That is when police were alerted to the scene.

At 11.44am, the first cops entered the school. Ramos shot at them and they retreated.

It's unclear if he had already shot the kids and teachers in the fourth grade classroom by then, or if he went on to attack them after those cops retreated.

It then took an hour for specialized SWAT teams to arrive. At 1.06pm, the incident was declared over after Ramos was shot dead.

In the meantime, 150 cops were gathering outside. Some of them were filmed pinning parents to the floor and some were even placed in handcuffs, according to witnesses."

This is not a good look. Anyone remember Parkland? "A former Florida sheriff's deputy has been arrested on felony charges over his handling of the deadly mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland last year.

Broward County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Scot Peterson, 56, was terminated from his position and charged with multiple counts of child neglect on Tuesday after an internal investigation found that he retreated while students were under attack in the February 2018 shooting, that left 17 people dead
."

From bad to worse. :(

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Heartbreaking -- the widower of school shooting victim died suddenly of a heart attack. The couple leaves behind 4 children. This is just devastating:

Stress can kill. This mass murder definitely affected me, and I have no direct connection to any of the victims. I cannot imagine the horrible grief that those people in TX are going through.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Guilty as charged ! I have a fetish for the constitution
Ah, yes --- gotta love these totally normal performances of love for the "constitution:" And what better way to celebrate the true spirit of the birth and the resurrection of our Lord, amirite? Troyinception makes a cameo in the last one.

gundeck.jpeggunRisen.jpeggunfetishChristmas.jpegredgunChristmas.jpegbulletcrown.jpeggunchurch.jpegSacredHeart.jpeg

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Stress can kill. This mass murder definitely affected me, and I have no direct connection to any of the victims. I cannot imagine the horrible grief that those people in TX are going through.
Losing a loved one under any circumstance will bring grief. I just can't fathom the magnitude that the children of this family are going through. Can you imagine turning to your dad as the source of strength after your mom was murdered, only to lose him, too? How does any child bear that?

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Texas really bombed this one. The state that acts like their sh^t don't stink

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Yes they did a really great job waiting in those hallways. Also good timing on all the new gun laws, more guns save lives, right Texas
I am waiting for a logical explanation for the delay. I seriously doubt police were just sitting on their hands while kids were dying. There had to have been some miscommunication or some procedure they were following. I can't imagine anyone knowingly "waited" while kids were in the line of fire. Now, the new gun laws are a different matter. I think most of us knew things weren't going to go well once Abbott allowed the permitless carry law.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
So it was the state’s fault that the local cops screwed the pooch?
It happened in Texas, one week before the worlds largest NRA convention. You think for a minute LAPD would be standing in the halls.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Ah. I get it. It’s because of gavin that our local boys are so effective they can’t stop the follow home robberies and the smash and grabs?
You and a bunch of others love to complain about California, nice to see Texas eat some humble pie. They dropped the ball, anyway you slice it.

Reactions: aimeedee

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
The locals did. Don’t get the whole “state blame” you’re trying project. Sorta like I’m not sure what type weapons you’re trying to ban.
This is a common tactic of the left. Blame the world rather than the person. It is kind of like blaming Chinese baby in America in the 21st century for MAO's genocide in the last century. This is a tactic long used by the left to defund police and other policies.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
I loved the big pat on the back news conference with Abbot and Cruz where they all talked about what a great job hey have done. You say its locals but the governor was taking a lot of credit for doing such a great job. Then they figured out they were punked. FYI Canada just had a similar situation and the kid was gunned down before he could get off a shot. Of course it would be illegal in Canada to walk around town with a loaded weapon.

Toronto police fatally shoot man seen carrying rifle near elementary school | Canada | The Guardian

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
FYI Canada just had a similar situation and the kid was gunned down before he could get off a shot. Of course it would be illegal in Canada to walk around town with a loaded weapon.

Toronto police fatally shoot man seen carrying rifle near elementary school | Canada | The Guardian

Cherry picking always works, I guess.

Comparing a single-event, big city police response to one in a small town of probably 10,000 people…..🙄
There are scenarios of every type and result to be found.

Reactions: Prescott Trojan

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
I saw an interesting psychiatrist on CNN, he explained how the human was brain was still developing until age 25. Also most psychotic breaks occur between the age of 18-25, also most shooters are from age 18-25. He also mentioned how the constitution does have age restrictions on holding office so age restriction would be constitutional. Can we at a minimum at least agree that no one under 21 should be buying a gun, period.

gubo&palanka

Sep 23, 2017
Tell us about it Steve. This is typical of liberal/elite selective outrage. You didn't say one word about the Uyghur genocide because you didn't want to piss off your Chinese Overlords. You haven't said a damn thing about the violent crime that has riddled Oakland, where you once coached, San Francisco, where you now coach, Chicago, where you once played, or Los Angeles, where you grew up. But when a tragedy fits your liberal agenda you're all in with the phony outrage at a press conference. So save us the sanctimonious B.S. because we are not buying it from you or any other liberal/elite.

Exactly right. But can you dumb it down so sonofgodzilla'ssmegma and his crew can understand?

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
I saw an interesting psychiatrist on CNN, he explained how the human was brain was still developing until age 25. Also most psychotic breaks occur between the age of 18-25, also most shooters are from age 18-25. He also mentioned how the constitution does have age restrictions on holding office so age restriction would be constitutional. Can we at a minimum at least agree that no one under 21 should be buying a gun, period.
NOPE.

Many (I am one of them) can’t and DON’T agree with you.

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
If you are a Marxist, by definition, you do not believe in evil. There is no room for God in Marxism.
Thus, we have the forum Marxists spewing the lie that it is all about eliminating guns in the USA.
They do not believe that government could turn to evil against its own citizens though history is replete with examples of Marxist based governments killing its citizens.

If you are a Conservative, you likely do believe there are principalities of righteousness and evil.
Firearms are tools but individuals are responsible for their actions.

Of course this is a broad brush presupposition.

I have no use for Marxists in American society.
They have no good purpose and are not mislead.
They made their choices and in due time will have to account for their actions.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
I saw a story on the news last night of a mother (diminutive at that) who jumped a fence and entered the school twice to retrieve her three kids while police were outside lolligagging around.
I’ve seen a few reports saying that this was not verified and may not be true. But I haven’t been able to find confirmation one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts