Van Lith

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
That sucks. I’m all doom and gloom right now, but MSU big 4 athletics can’t catch a break.
Yeah, when I heard Robbie mention on T&L that he genuinely thought we were in a good spot with Van Lith, it was hard for to believe. I mean, just being in her final 2 was a heck of an achievement, but our hit rate over the years on high profile kids like this is maybe a smidge above 0% barring some very unique circumstances. We just can’t ever seem to get it done

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, when I heard Robbie mention on T&L that he genuinely thought we were in a good spot with Van Lith, it was hard for to believe. I mean, just being in her final 2 was a heck of an achievement, but our hit rate over the years on high profile kids like this is maybe a smidge above 0% barring some very unique circumstances. We just can’t ever seem to get it done
Hopefully she wanted a bag, and we told her we have a backup punter we need to grab instead.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hopefully she wanted a bag, and we told her we have a backup punter we need to grab instead.
I do think her stock dropped after this year at LSU. You could have made the argument that last year, she was in the top 5 of recognizable women's college basketball players. This season, she was just the point guard that fed Angel Reese and Aneesah Morrow. Even then, her assists per game only went up from 3.2 to 3.6.

ETA: I think she was highly misused at LSU and I would love to have her here. I think Purcell would give her the green light on shooting.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I do think her stock dropped after this year at LSU. You could have made the argument that last year, she was in the top 5 of recognizable women's college basketball players. This season, she was just the point guard that fed Angel Reese and Aneesah Morrow. Even then, her assists per game only went up from 3.2 to 3.6.

ETA: I think she was highly misused at LSU and I would love to have her here. I think Purcell would give her the green light on shooting.

Considering that she went from the defending champs to a choice between two teams who just played each other in the WBIT, I'd say her stock has dropped.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
And yet here we are. Hemorrhaging players. WTactualH?
Seems someone in the thread knows, but doesn't say. Looks like there was a chemistry issue this season, all have bailed, save for Purcell. Looks like he was the issue. Hard to lure in any player worthwhile with no players to come meet. We gonna be picking off leftovers and "nowhere else to go" folks.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Seems someone in the thread knows, but doesn't say. er Looks like there was a chemistry issue this season, all have bailed, save for Purcell. Looks like he was the issue. Hard to lure in any player worthwhile with no players to come meet. We gonna be picking off leftovers and "nowhere else to go" folks.

I don't know how it ends, but we do still have our best player, Jordan, and another starter in Powe.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Hmmm. Starkville?...... Fort Worth?.....
Starkville???? Or Fort Worth?

yeah that is indeed a tough decision.

now Starkville to Baton Rouge is like comparing Starkville to Jackson. At least the North Half of Baton Rouge and downtown Baton Rouge.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Seems someone in the thread knows, but doesn't say. Looks like there was a chemistry issue this season, all have bailed, save for Purcell. Looks like he was the issue. Hard to lure in any player worthwhile with no players to come meet. We gonna be picking off leftovers and "nowhere else to go" folks.
We played this game of chemistry before under the previous coach. It never ends well. Purcell should’ve put that cat fight of egos down. if indeed the problem is Purcell, when does AU come a calling for the lost sheep?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Free agency with NIL and the transfer portal is killing us in the "Big 4" sports (Football, MBB, WBB, Baseball). Starkville is just not a destination spot for a lot of these high profile athletes trying to maximize dollars and exposure. And matching NIL money with some of these schools (like TCU for example) that have unlimited rich donors to draw from is also a problem. Last year or two we cant even draw any of the big name transfers in baseball where we SHOULD be considered a top landing spot. Until things change where school money can be used to pay players or 'salary caps' of some kind are put in place we are in a very bad spot. We will nearly always be outbid for the elite players. We are getting money from the SEC hand over fist but we can't really funnel any of that money to players.

Reactions: Maroon13

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
We played this game of chemistry before under the previous coach. It never ends well. Purcell should’ve put that cat fight of egos down. if indeed the problem is Purcell, when does AU come a calling for the lost sheep?
He has been trying to go to Auburn for 6 months.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Free agency with NIL and the transfer portal is killing us in the "Big 4" sports (Football, MBB, WBB, Baseball). Starkville is just not a destination spot for a lot of these high profile athletes trying to maximize dollars and exposure. And matching NIL money with some of these schools (like TCU for example) that have unlimited rich donors to draw from is also a problem. Last year or two we cant even draw any of the big name transfers in baseball where we SHOULD be considered a top landing spot. Until things change where school money can be used to pay players or 'salary caps' of some kind are put in place we are in a very bad spot. We will nearly always be outbid for the elite players. We are getting money from the SEC hand over fist but we can't really funnel any of that money to players.
Man po ol state lives long and hard in this post. I won’t into details here on a public free message board, but we ain’t as broke as you make it out to be. Also why don’t you give a little to the BI instead of posting garbage like this. Be part of the solution and not the problem

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Man po ol state lives long and hard in this post. I won’t into details here on a public free message board, but we ain’t as broke as you make it out to be. Also why don’t you give a little to the BI instead of posting garbage like this. Be part of the solution and not the problem
Glad you have all the details that can't be made public. FYI,, I do give to the BI thank you very much for what good its doing. I will stand by what I said and all I have to have is 2 eyes to believe what I'm saying is absolutely true. Proof is in the pudding and we are not able to pull in any big time portal transfers right now even in baseball.

Reactions: Maroon13

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Is that proprietary information or something? Charlie, come get your boy.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
game of thrones you know nothing GIF

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Hmmm. Starkville?...... Fort Worth?.....
Starkville???? Or Fort Worth?

yeah that is indeed a tough decision.

now Starkville to Baton Rouge is like comparing Starkville to Jackson. At least the North Half of Baton Rouge and downtown Baton Rouge.

We've got significantly more murder and seafood in Red Stick, if you're into those things.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Why is this lie making rounds that the Wallen concert was for the Grove collective? It was a make up concert from last year. GC has nothing to do with it
They have some planned in the near future. Whether they will come to fruition or not is anyone’s guess.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Why is this lie making rounds that the Wallen concert was for the Grove collective? It was a make up concert from last year. GC has nothing to do with it
Keith Carter said on Supertalk last week that Ole Miss Athletics was going to make well over $1Million on the Wallen concert.

Reactions: patdog

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Keith Carter said on Supertalk last week that Ole Miss Athletics was going to make well over $1Million on the Wallen concert.
That still has zero to do with the GC. I’m sure concessions rent of stadium and other things made money but 1MM seems high. Again that’s not the point. Those who are saying they are light years ahead of us cause Wallen played a concert for the GC and is false

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
That still has zero to do with the GC. I’m sure concessions rent of stadium and other things made money but 1MM seems high. Again that’s not the point. Those who are saying they are light years ahead of us cause Wallen played a concert for the GC and is false
sand GIF by South Park