Vandy Game 1, Thread, Friday

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Well, we will take the next two and win the series. I have no doubt.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
How does a guy play start at catcher, when he can’t hit, can’t throw anyone out, and struggles to block balls in the dirt?
Man, what a loaded question.
Back To School What GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
How does a guy play start at catcher, when he can’t hit, can’t throw anyone out, and struggles to block balls in the dirt?
Easy. Find a team with no leadoff hitter, and the DH slot (see leadoff hitter) with no production all year. Perfect fit.

Reactions: patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It has gotten so bad I have started calling a few of our batters statues. They watch the ball go by and don't move.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Leachbeach

Jun 23, 2022
It still doesnt help, 6-9 are not good at all. Not being a negative fan, but its reality.
3-4 then 6 then the rest! Chance, Mershon, Hujsak and Puliam are competitors! Hines has zero drive- he looks like he don’t give a 17, 42 needs to quit trying to be the savior, Larry looks at more strikes than anybody I’ve ever seen, Koehler is just not sec, and Johnnie 17’n Long tries real hard, just ain’t a hitter!
This game came down to 4 pitches, a hung slider, a mistake fastball and 2 wild pitches!

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Holding players only meetings seem to be an requirement to play as well
How's it the catchers fault the whole GD team couldn't hit a ball to save the season? It's funny how the scapegoat is a player and not any of the coaches. Especially the head coach or hitting coach. Get shut out that ain't on a single player; that's coaching and team. I'm listening?

Leachbeach

Jun 23, 2022
How's it the catchers fault the whole GD team couldn't hit a ball to save the season? It's funny how the scapegoat is a player and not any of the coaches. Especially the head coach or hitting coach. Get shut out that ain't on a single player; that's coaching and team. I'm listening
I don’t know if anybody else has been there, but, when you give a sh$@ and nobody else does, it’s 17’n tough! We got 2-3 that care, the rest just playing for a payday!!

Reactions: Anon1664516582

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
How's it the catchers fault the whole GD team couldn't hit a ball to save the season? It's funny how the scapegoat is a player and not any of the coaches. Especially the head coach or hitting coach. Get shut out that ain't on a single player; that's coaching and team. I'm listening?
Didn’t blame the loss on anyone. Got beat. HappensZ

what I did ask was why someone continues to start whose is woefully inadequate to play the position. Time to give someone else a chance.

But that’s on Lemonis I guess

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022

what I did ask was why someone continues to start whose is woefully inadequate to play the position. Time to give someone else a chance.

Why point out the deficiency at one position and not the whole team? You always default to long but no one else. There's lots of finger pointing to be done but yours always bends towards long and no one else. Just stating a fact.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Why point out the deficiency at one position and not the whole team? You always default to long but no one else. There's lots of finger pointing to be done but yours always bends towards long and no one else. Just stating a fact.
1. Because he is literally one of if not the worst regular starter in the sec

2. his defense alone costed us 2 runs tonight

3. the other positions we are deficient at we’ve attempted others players at. We haven’t at catcher.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022

3. the other positions we are deficient at we’ve attempted others players at. We haven’t at catcher.
And him "costing" us two runs made a difference when the team scored ZERO!

I'm excited that lemonis has played pulliam. He's the bright spot from both denfense to offense.

coaching/ recruiting is the main issue.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Did y'all hear that Chance is #2 in all of D1 college baseball with the least number of strike outs.

Reactions: BreckyBratt

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Blame it on me. I forgot we had a game. It was the first time in forever I have been so disinterested in our team that I totally forgot we were playing an SEC baseball game. For some the all of the excitement of this season got to me.

Who Knows Idk GIF

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

2. A wild pitch is not the same as a passed ball.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
2. A wild pitch is not the same as a passed ball.
When a catcher can’t hit his weight he needs to be elite defensivel. They score some pitches wild pitches that should be blocked up.
And him "costing" us two runs made a difference when the team scored ZERO!

I'm excited that lemonis has played pulliam. He's the bright spot from both denfense to offense.

coaching/ recruiting is the main issue.
It wouldn’t have made a difference tonight, you’re right. But may tomorrow. If pulliam made 2 errors at second and misplayed two others… he likely wouldn’t be out there today. He’s thrown out 0 runners all season, Vandy is second in the league in steals… would make sense to put someone back there who has a shot at throwing someone out.

Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Your up 5 runs. The runner at first can steal 3 bases and your still up 4. He didn't mean anything. Concentrate on the freaking hitter.