VPN's for laptops

Jan 9, 2016
2,353
342
83
What's the pack say about them? Which ones are a good value and which are not? I need to cut down on my chances of getting hacked with my online purchases and banking. Guessing these work on your cell phone as well?

Thanks in advance for any help given.
 

qball.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 26, 2012
224
2
16
What's the pack say about them? Which ones are a good value and which are not? I need to cut down on my chances of getting hacked with my online purchases and banking. Guessing these work on your cell phone as well?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

NordVPN. Used it on international trips etc. seems solid. Allows you to pick a host city that shows as your US IP addrsss. Most all of em want you on contract or autobill so watch that.
 

The Fatboy

Senior
Oct 18, 2005
2,782
744
83
If your VPN provider gets hacked you most likely are screwed. People who pay for VPNs usually have money to protect which makes VPN providers prime targets of hack attempts.
You are probably better off creating better passwords to your information.
 

MarkDallas

Sophomore
Aug 27, 2014
2,606
121
63
If your VPN provider gets hacked you most likely are screwed. People who pay for VPNs usually have money to protect which makes VPN providers prime targets of hack attempts.
You are probably better off creating better passwords to your information.

What?
 

MagicDawg

Senior
Nov 11, 2010
1,000
973
113
I've used Express VPN domestically and internationally for a few years and I've been very pleased.
 

SignalToNoise

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
741
0
0
Nord VPN is solid and I've also used Hide My *** and been pleased. Just about all of them offer tools for a variety of operating systems and support both Android/iOS. Just make sure you'll have support for all your devices.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,409
8,835
113
Nord VPN is solid and I've also used Hide My *** and been pleased. Just about all of them offer tools for a variety of operating systems and support both Android/iOS. Just make sure you'll have support for all your devices.

I used Hide My *** in Muslim Counties to get to blocked websites, worked great. There is a monthly subscription.
 

msstatelp1

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
2,100
1,286
113
I use IPVanish but have only used it domestically. Seems to work pretty good.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?