Wait, what? Dylan Stewart commits?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Soon to be disrupting a backfield near you!!!

This could be the momentum we need in recruiting. Outstanding job by Coach Beamer and staff to get this commitment. Just gotta hold onto him the rest of the way.

Yep! Paylor is committing later this week, so hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Reactions: Roosterbell

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This was a total boss move by Stewart to drop his commitment on Twitter (X) at 11 am on a Tuesday in the middle of summer with no forewarning. Top 10 player nationally but no fanfare. No crazy hype video. No announcement date. Just made up his mind and announced it.

In an era when 3* recruits announce livestreamed commitment dates, this was a cool move. When you know you're good, you don't need all the extra stuff.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Quite a post to wake up a sleeping board on a Tuesday morning
katherine langford applause GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

WontSayMuch

Oct 23, 2022
Couple weeks ago it was reported that OSU had worked their way into the #1 spot.
It's great to see a bigtime player commit. Being named the "leader" is good, but other recruits take notice when they make the public commitment announcement. They start thinking class and legacy. I think we'll see others dominoes fall soon.

Reactions: Roosterbell

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Stewart: "It feels great. I don't have to talk to anybody anymore. I am not making any more visits. I am done."
That’s the best part for him and for us. Also it appears things are looking better with Daniel Hill based on his comments as reported by Phil Kornblut. Getting Hill on board at a position of need keeps the ball rollin.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Great pickup for Beamer. Need to have some solid results on the field, get a few more studs for the early signing period. I like the momentum we have right now. Our schedule is very difficult to open up, so hope we can keep that momentum going.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That’s the best part for him and for us.

Yep. I'm sure the staff will still stay connected with him, but he doesn't seem like a prima donna who's going to expect the coaches to keep recruiting him up until the day he signs his LOI.

If I'd ever been talented enough to get at D1 scholly, I'd have told the coaches "I'm committed. Don't worry about me now. Focus all your time on going after other guys now."

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If we can land Paylor, Adams and Hill...wow.

Eh, looks like Paylor is slipping away. On3 now has him 94% to NC State. Would have been a nice grab to get some momentum going from the Stewart commitment. Still got some other big targets on the board this month, though.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Eh, looks like Paylor is slipping away. On3 now has him 94% to NC State. Would have been a nice grab to get some momentum going from the Stewart commitment. Still got some other big targets on the board this month, though.
Not so sure about that…we’ll find out tomorrow though!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Not so sure about that…we’ll find out tomorrow though!

Well, nothing's ever certain until it's certain. But, shoot, even LOIs don't mean much these days. It was similar to one of the recruits we missed out on a couple weeks ago, though. ON3 had him to us until the week of his commitment and then it switched heavily to the other school (can't remember if it was the Arky kid or the VT kid).

I get staying home, but I really can't see choosing to play for NC State over playing in the SEC and at WB.

Latest posts