watched provine v. starkville today

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
haralson hit some big shots. he's a very good catch-and-shoot type player, good at coming off screens. having seen him several times now, i don't think we'll really miss out by not offering him. he looks to be an average to good role player, not too good at creating his own shot off the dribble.

this was my first time seeing latavious williams. after a lackluster first half, he really showed out in the second. provine was collapsing on him with triple teams all game. while he should have been better at passing out of the doubles/triples, he showed some good turnarounds and spin moves. seemed very comfortable on the offensive end. in the second half, he really took over, mainly above the rim, throwing down countless alley-oops (including one at the buzzer that nearly sent the game to OT). williams is long and athletic.

i think if hopson does not come to starkville, signing williams would be a good idea (considering next year may be a "down year" in state). anyone else with thoughts/info?

klong17

Feb 24, 2008
to watching the best team in the state tomorrow night on tv. Rashanti Harris/Dale Hughes and company New Hope vs Picayunne in the State champsinship.