WBB: Does UF's Coach Finley get Coach of the Year in the SEC?

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
That young coach has made UF into a winner. They just beat UGA. Coach Staley is expected to win due to talent. With all that UF has lost and this young coach has beaten several top 25 teams, I hope she gets it. I look for UF to unseat UT as the second best team. UT got clobbered by UCONN today. UK, A&M are free falling.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
There is a discussion about this on SEC Superlatives.

I think she does. I mean, all DS has done is be near perfect with a #1 team. But being the top dog is not nearly as valued as an underdog.

The highest UF was picked preseason was 11. Interim coach thrust into the season when head coach fired. Former players coming out and airing abuses by Newbauer. Best player injured early AND then transfers. Presently sitting in 3rd. How can you not vote for that?

My question is if/when do they take interim title off? Might be trickier than you think. Finley sat around for four years watching head coach be abusive and out of control and said/did nothing.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
That young coach has made UF into a winner. They just beat UGA. Coach Staley is expected to win due to talent. With all that UF has lost and this young coach has beaten several top 25 teams, I hope she gets it. I look for UF to unseat UT as the second best team. UT got clobbered by UCONN today. UK, A&M are free falling.
She got a chance!!!