WBB: Five Things to Watch - Home stretch

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Good article by Chris, but the word on UTjr has always been that soft upfront schedule even before Green got injured. Come on man they are letting decent non-rank team beat them or take them into overtime. If they were that good this shouldn’t be, with or without Green! 😎
I hate UT but please stop the false narrative that they played a weak OOC schedule. Their SOS is #8. You do not get that from just conference play. It is a soft schedule compared to us but probably the second hardest SEC OOC schedule. Look at LSU’s OOC, Clemson was their third or fourth toughest game. They are the team falling apart because of a weak schedule.

UT played 3 top 25 teams and another 4 teams that are locks for the NCAA Tournament and this does NOT include UCONN

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
I hate UT but please stop the false narrative that they played a weak OOC schedule. Their SOS is #8. You do not get that from just conference play. It is a soft schedule compared to us but probably the second hardest SEC OOC schedule. Look at LSU’s OOC, Clemson was their third or fourth toughest game. They are the team falling apart because of a weak schedule.

UT played 3 top 25 teams and another 4 teams that are locks for the NCAA Tournament and this does NOT include UCONN
Bro. Winloseortie, I don’t hate Tenn. As for their schedule, this can from listening to commentators of WBB games! Don’t remember all them, but I believe Peck was one of a few that talk about Tennessee is starting to get into the meat of their schedule!! That where that can from an ain’t nobody trying to pick on little old Tennessee . I didn’t start saying this until I started hearing if come from some of the commentators! An from the way things are going for them in the last 5 games (2-3), they maybe right. Bottomline, now they are there and this is the results! Honestly, I could careless about Tennessee’s schedule, but I must say that some of these commentators may have made a good point.

Now as for us we might not get to the Final 4 either. Because we are not jelling with consistently. This team is different Coach Staley said she only has one gym rat, Boston, out of the entire group. The rest of them, they do school, practice, homework and that’s pretty much it.
An by the way that came off one of Coach Staley YouTube interviews. Don’t want you think I’m spreading any false narrative Bro. Winloseortie!! 😎

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Well I do hate UT🤣🤣🤣. But UT and UGA are the only SEC schools that even tried to schedule OOC this season
At times Commentators are selling a game to watch. I am sure they were referring to UT’s SEC schedule, not their overall schedule.
As for us, we are jelling fantastically on the defensive side of the ball. Since Miss st. We have been playing the best D of anyone in the country.
Offense...well..... if Zia is hot and we protect the ball, we hoist a banner. If she is cold and we have sloppy ball handling, there are 5-10 teams that if they are “having a night” can beat us.

Reactions: Goody

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Well I do hate UT🤣🤣🤣. But UT and UGA are the only SEC schools that even tried to schedule OOC this season
At times Commentators are selling a game to watch. I am sure they were referring to UT’s SEC schedule, not their overall schedule.
As for us, we are jelling fantastically on the defensive side of the ball. Since Miss st. We have been playing the best D of anyone in the country.
Offense...well..... if Zia is hot and we protect the ball, we hoist a banner. If she is cold and we have sloppy ball handling, there are 5-10 teams that if they are “having a night” can beat us.
I agree with you Brother Winloseortie about the defense! However, our offense came be loosey-goosey at times with the turnovers. As for Zia, not really sure what we’re going to get after the jump ball , but hopefully she got her groove back! Because we’re going to need Zia at her best for the final run!! Hey, Brother Winloseortie, I believe I’m starting to dislike Smokey and them Volunteers also!!😎