We get SEC TV money. Clemson gets ACC TV money.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
They hire Garrett Riley. We hire Dowell Loggains. Where other than The Twilight Zone does that make sense?

Reactions: Jonesz2

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
They hire Garrett Riley. We hire Dowell Loggains. Where other than The Twilight Zone does that make sense?
If you are Garrett Riley, which job would you have taken? Again, no ties to either university.

Loggains may not be a great hire. Not going to write him off after 1 game. But I don’t think we ever had a chance at Garrett Riley.

Jonesz2

Joined Aug 9, 2005
Jan 21, 2022
If you are Garrett Riley, which job would you have taken? Again, no ties to either university.

Loggains may not be a great hire. Not going to write him off after 1 game. But I don’t think we ever had a chance at Garrett Riley.
No because we wouldn’t pay. $$ is all it takes.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Haven't seen the Riley hire in action yet, but don't know how it could be worse.
Until we get the OL corrected, you haven't seen Loggains offense either.

Reactions: HWGcock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Haven't seen the Riley hire in action yet, but don't know how it could be worse.
Until we get the OL corrected, you haven't seen Loggains offense either.
Why did we not open our wallet to hire a proven offensive line coach? We have the resources. I really don't understand their thought processes over there.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
No because we wouldn’t pay. $$ is all it takes.
No it isn’t. It doesn’t hurt. But it takes more than just $$. A guy like Garrett Riley is smart enough to consider his best option for what he hopes to accomplish in his career. If he wants to be a Head Coach, he’s much better off at Clemson than South Carolina. 3 of their last 4 HCs have gotten Head Coaching Jobs (Morris, Elliott, & Scott). They are a program in contention for the playoff each year. I hate it, but it’s true.

Hell, if he doesn’t want to be a head coach, he has a better shot at being being a long term OC at Clemson (like Venables was as DC) than South Carolina. From Riley’s perspective, there was nothing we could offer that could be more appealing than what Clemson could offer.

Garrett Riley was not going to leave TCU to come to South Carolina. Period. Why would he come here to struggle and fall off the radar? Maybe if he had a close relationship with Beamer or something…but that’s not the case. I bet if we reached out to him the best we got was a polite “not interested.”

Last edited:

Jonesz2

Joined Aug 9, 2005
Jan 21, 2022
No it isn’t. It doesn’t hurt. But it takes more than just $$. A guy like Garrett Riley is smart enough to consider his best option for what he hopes to accomplish in his career. If he wants to be a Head Coach, he’s much better off at Clemson than South Carolina. 3 of their last 4 HCs have gotten Head Coaching Jobs (Morris, Elliott, & Scott). They are a program in contention for the playoff each year. I hate it, but it’s true.

Hell, if he doesn’t want to be a head coach, he has a better shot at being being a long term OC at Clemson (like Venables was as DC) than South Carolina. From Riley’s perspective, there was nothing we could offer that could be more appealing than what Clemson could offer.

Garrett Riley was not going to leave TCU to come to South Carolina. Period. Why would he come here to struggle and fall off the radar? Maybe if he had a close relationship with Beamer or something…but that’s not the case. I bet if we reached out to him the best we got was a polite “not interested.”
We could have gotten a OC that was proven In the college game if we would have paid the money. No we went cheap again. We once again hired a guy no other SEC team would have as their OC.

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
I don’t know what happens behind the scenes- but I think our BOT/AD handicaps Beamer on the hires.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
We could have gotten a OC that was proven In the college game if we would have paid the money. No we went cheap again. We once again hired a guy no other SEC team would have as their OC.
I’m not saying we couldn’t have done this. I’m saying we weren’t getting Riley, and maybe some of the top tier guys.

Agree we should’ve gotten someone with OC experience.

Reactions: USCEDGE and Jonesz2