Wednesday pitching matchup

May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
I don't know who will start for us, but we can expect to see one of these two tomorrow based on Florida and Kentucky's lineup today:

Florida: Hunter Barco (LHP), Saturday starter, statistically best pitcher, 106 NP on Friday
Kentucky: Cole Stupp (RHP), Friday starter, 109 NP on Thursday

So we should get our opponent's best shot.
 
Last edited:

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63

I wouldn't mind playing Florida tomorrow. I always like playing teams that we didn't play in the regular season. And, I think we have a top 8 seed wrapped regardless of what happens in Hoover. Am I right?

Eta- I think the best scenario for today is for both teams (UK and UF) to have to use up a lot of arms in a high scoring slug fest.
 
Last edited:

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Stupp gave us a lot of trouble when we saw him in Starkville. A fly ball getting lost in the lights kinda changed that game. Barco is a big time draft prospect for 2022, very talented lefty. We’ll have our work cut out for us either way.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
It will be Florida and Barco.

Trey Van Der Weide threw 43 pitches, so we probably won't see him tomorrow morning. Kentucky at least made Jack Leftwich throw a few pitches in the 9th. He ended up throwing 24 total, but we'll see him late in a close game most likely. Their other good reliever that wasn't used is Christian Scott.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou