What a difference a week makes...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Lemonis gave us two really ****** seasons. I think it's just the opposite if you were not upset and ready to move on after that. We expect to win in baseball. If he can keep the wheels on and get to a regional, I will be good. I just want to win. I don't care with who. It can be with him or without him. Three season not making as regional, every State fan should be upset and ready to move on if that happens.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'd still fire him if he can't make a super. This whole team is gone after this year and should be competing at that level. Just making a regional at State is the bare damn minimum and after two terrible seasons where he admitted to getting lazy, he should get us to a super. But know that won't matter either way, so no point in complaining. Let's see where it goes rest of the season. He's got to recruit better.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Lemonis gave us two really ****** seasons. I think it's just the opposite if you were not upset and ready to move on after that. We expect to win in baseball. If he can keep the wheels on and get to a regional, I will be good. I just want to win. I don't care with who. It can be with him or without him. Three season not making as regional, every State fan should be upset and ready to move on if that happens.
I also feel like this would be a good time to reiterate that while this year has been a vast improvement from the last two abominations, we're 5th in the SEC standings and 8th in overall record. In other words, we're still talking bare minimum baseball expectations, so I'll gladly put the pitchforks down for the time being so that I can enjoy weekends like this last one, but let's not act like Lemonis has earned himself a 4 yr extension by getting this team into the discussion for a 2 seed in someone else's regional.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

Two really bad seasons on the heels of winning a Nattty. One would think that winning the CWS would have given our already great program a boost but the wheels just fell off completely. But, as evident by UM and LSU, winning it all in the age of NIL can somehow lead to some serious regression.

Reactions: thekimmer

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
I think our friends - and I use that term loosely - to the North go through the same mental gymnastics with their club each year as well. And yet there's probably little doubt their coach will return next year. Would anyone here trade Lemonis for Bianco? And if not, then why should we trade mindsets?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I also feel like this would be a good time to reiterate that while this year has been a vast improvement from the last two abominations, we're 5th in the SEC standings and 8th in overall record. In other words, we're still talking bare minimum baseball expectations, so I'll gladly put the pitchforks down for the time being so that I can enjoy weekends like this last one, but let's not act like Lemonis has earned himself a 4 yr extension by getting this team into the discussion for a 2 seed in someone else's regional.
That SEC record is with the weakest possible SEC schedule. Miss the top 3 teams in the East and play the top 2 in the West in the road. People are getting excited about the improvement. And we are improved. But this is still a very mediocre season & team by Mississippi State standards.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It’s not exclusive to just State’s fanbase.
I really think we are the worst. I know OM fans don't trash their players, program, university and town near the amount we do.

The "every fanbase does it" thought is similar to Jxn residents chiming in with "crime happens everywhere" when there's a rare violent crime in Ranking or Madison counties.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I really think we are the worst. I know OM fans don't trash their players, program, university and town near the amount we do.

The "every fanbase does it" thought is similar to Jxn residents chiming in with "crime happens everywhere" when there's a rare violent crime in Ranking or Madison counties.
Go read other school's message boards. It's every online fanbase and everyone of them spews the same vitriol.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Go read other school's message boards. It's every online fanbase.
I don't read any other schools message boards, but I see OM FB sites (somehow they keep popping up in my feed although I routinely report them as hate speech), there's a huge difference in their FB fan sites than ours. If they have a player transfer, it much more, "thank you for your service and good luck," when one our players transfer, it much more of, "he sucks!"

• Haha
Reactions: yakalot2 and Dawgg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I think our friends - and I use that term loosely - to the North go through the same mental gymnastics with their club each year as well. And yet there's probably little doubt their coach will return next year. Would anyone here trade Lemonis for Bianco? And if not, then why should we trade mindsets?
Their goal is to keep up with us and they've done it lately because we've lowered our program standards.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

You're dead wrong. I listened to OM fans declare their team and coach garbage all weekend. They want Bianca fired bad. They even said we're better than them and they just got lucky to win two against us. They do in baseball what we do in football.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

5th in an SEC where the Top 4 teams were the Top 4 teams in the country just last week??

Is that really a problem??

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Btw, anybody happen to notice that teams recently have had pretty precipitous dropoffs after national title runs. Building off of them is not often a thing.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I'd still fire him if he can't make a super. This whole team is gone after this year and should be competing at that level. Just making a regional at State is the bare damn minimum and after two terrible seasons where he admitted to getting lazy, he should get us to a super. But know that won't matter either way, so no point in complaining. Let's see where it goes rest of the season. He's got to recruit better.
☝️☝️

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Btw, anybody happen to notice that teams recently have had pretty precipitous dropoffs after national title runs. Building off of them is not often a thing.
Especially in the NIL age. But the other side of the coin is - you can quickly recover as well. I would think our program, facilities and the fact we care about baseball in regards to NIL - those are all pluses. Just being absolutely horrible the past 2 seasons countered that. Some very recent success will go a long way in recruiting the portal. That's the reason we didn't get Skenes.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Especially in the NIL age. But the other side of the coin is - you can quickly recover as well. I would think our program, facilities and the fact we care about baseball in regards to NIL - those are all pluses. Just being absolutely horrible the past 2 seasons countered that. Some very recent success will go a long way in recruiting the portal. That's the reason we didn't get Skenes.

Agree

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Few things here:
1. You can debate where we are nationally as a program, but we're 100% in the top 25 of college baseball programs in the country. That means, even with ebbs and flows, that the floor for this program should be making a regional every year and hosting a regional every few years. We've failed to rise to that floor for two seasons and it's right to question a coach's job status when that occurs, even a national championship winning coach.

2. Every fanbase has their share of doom and gloom self-loathers, even Alabama football. Don't believe me? Listen to Paul Finebaum after Bama loses the Iron Bowl (or really any game) or fails to make the playoff. Ole Miss fans have wanted to fire Bianco for the past 15 years up until the CWS championship series and now plenty of them are ready to fire him again.

3. Message board interactions =/= social media interactions. We come here to a website made specifically for Mississippi State sports and celebrate or commiserate with other Mississippi State fans (with the occasional outside lurker). Here, we get to take long honest looks at ourselves and the state of our programs. In a lot of ways, that's why this board exists. When we're out in the wild (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), we tend to be more defensive of Mississippi State against outsiders. It's one thing for somebody here to say "Mississippi State baseball sucks now". It's another thing for some Ole Miss numbnuts on Twitter to say it.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Some of y’all are just flat out delusional and living in a fantasy land. MSU baseball over the last 20 years is closer to that 5th position than it is first in the SEC. So therefore, this season is pretty much the norm.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
For Lemonis, this year IS the up cycle. We will struggle to stay out of the SEC bottom third next season because we have nobody back and no power without an incredible portal haul which MSU doesn't do.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
For Lemonis, this year IS the up cycle. We will struggle to stay out of the SEC bottom third next season because we have nobody back and no power without an incredible portal haul which MSU doesn't do.

In this era, it is going to be common to be doing a large amount of rebuilding annually. We are not unique.

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think that’s more coincidence than anything else.

So you think losing guys like Allen and Bednar and Elko and DeLucia and Skenes and Crews has less to do with their respective teams being much less good than pure coincidence.

I gotta disagree.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I actually heard that this is Bianco’s last hurrah. He will announce his retirement but it’s not his decision. It’s being made for him. No idea how reliable it is but it come out of Ole Miss.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
we outcoached and outplayed Vandy, and we used stats better than they did

even with a few stupid mental errors, we still won

the rest of the season remains to be seen but last weekend was nice to see, several players stepping up on the road

Reactions: Darryl Steight

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
5th in an SEC where the Top 4 teams were the Top 4 teams in the country just last week??

Is that really a problem??
YESSSS!!! it is because we're used to being one of those top 4 teams, at least until Lemonhead won the natty with someone else's players, and then sat on his fat baseball bucket and sank our program back to the dark ages. I still want him gone ASAP because no matter what we do this year, next year's team is likely to be hot garbage, and the one after that as well.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
YESSSS!!! it is because we're used to being one of those top 4 teams, at least until Lemonhead won the natty with someone else's players, and then sat on his fat baseball bucket and sank our program back to the dark ages. I still want him gone ASAP because no matter what we do this year, next year's team is likely to be hot garbage, and the one after that as well

Well, we know where you stand.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
YESSSS!!! it is because we're used to being one of those top 4 teams, at least until Lemonhead won the natty with someone else's players, and then sat on his fat baseball bucket and sank our program back to the dark ages. I still want him gone ASAP because no matter what we do this year, next year's team is likely to be hot garbage, and the one after that as well.
More fantasyland revisionist history

Jan 4, 2024
That's what I was about to say. We, here, are clearly more than just casual fans or even normal fans. We're kind of obsessed... as is every other group of fans of teams/schools that read and participate in message boards on a regular basis.
Correct. I have ranted before in childish tantrums then later realizing I shoulda waited after thinking before posting or better yet once sober.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Correct. I have ranted before in childish tantrums then later realizing I shoulda waited after thinking before posting or better yet once sober.

Get rid of the Anon...

Post drunk, post sober, rant away, stand firm & die on your hill of proper barbecue etiquette, etc.

Enjoy the ride & commiserate.

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
I’m noticing a trend on message boards. The brigade that told us we shoulda fired “Lemonhead” last year because we were gonna suck this year and that firing him was inevitable…have shifted their focus to next year because we lose so many players we will suck then and will need to fire him next year. It makes you think there just might be personal feelings and an agenda.