Wheaters Only: A Safe Place for All You Wheat-Loving Whiskey/Bourbon Sippers

Outsider Jim

Sep 20, 2022
Lots of hype behind the wheat. What's everyone sipping on besides the Weller?

I'm loving the newest Larceny Barrel Proof (Batch B522, May 2022) at 123.8 Proof . . . in fact, I think it's far superior to the January 2022 release (Batch A122).

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
Maker's 101 makes the best Mint Julep.

Old Fitz is 50/50 worth the chase, but never worth the secondary cost.

Old Elk Wheated is hella underrated.

1792 Sweet Wheat is hella overrated.

Weller FP > All other wheated bourbons

Don't sleep on Larceny barrel picks. I have had way more that are unique and fantastic than any other barrel pick outside of OF.

How's that's? Lol

Outsider Jim

Sep 20, 2022
Maker's 101 makes the best Mint Julep.

Old Fitz is 50/50 worth the chase, but never worth the secondary cost.

Old Elk Wheated is hella underrated.

1792 Sweet Wheat is hella overrated.

Weller FP > All other wheated bourbons

Don't sleep on Larceny barrel picks. I have had way more that are unique and fantastic than any other barrel pick outside of OF.

How's that's? Lol
I'm all about the Larceny Barrel Picks right now for the very reasons you mentioned: unique and (usually) fantastic.

Reactions: MLU

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
I'm all about the Larceny Barrel Picks right now for the very reasons you mentioned: unique and (usually) fantastic.
I lucked into a great one last year when the distributor dropped a case off at a regular store for me instead of the one it was intended for 200+ miles away. Lol

Reactions: Outsider Jim

GarnetAndGucci

Jul 29, 2022
Have to agree with the Larceny Barrel Proof. I always have two backup bottles. I hit that one pretty hard for one of my regular drinkers.

The Old Elk surprised me. I have a 6 year pick that looks like it’s been in a barrel for 15 years & is fantastic.

As for one not mentioned yet. The Rebel Cask Strength & Distillers Collection can be pretty decent for the price.

RealCIP

Sep 1, 2022
As for my daily-(ish) wheater, Weller 107 is my favorite. I'd love to try CYPB, but have never seen it in the wild. J Alexander's had a store pick bottle, but it ran dry because my buddy at our table ordered before me and got the last pour.

Jbcajun

Sep 26, 2022
Lots of hype behind the wheat. What's everyone sipping on besides the Weller?

I'm loving the newest Larceny Barrel Proof (Batch B522, May 2022) at 123.8 Proof . . . in fact, I think it's far superior to the January 2022 release (Batch A122).
Old Elk Wheated and Double Wheated are both solid