Who has an EV?

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
We just bought the Lexus Hybrid, only $1500 more than pure gasoline, 50% mpg increase and over 500 miles per tank.

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
Don’t know anyone myself. What if China cuts off rare earths in response to US cutting off chips? What are US. Auto makers going to do for battery?
There is literally a TRILLION-dollar untapped Lithium reserve sitting right under the Oregon-Nevada border. It's the largest store of Lithium in the world.

Reactions: Trojan JST

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
Love Cadillac. I was going to buy the CT6 before I looked into Tesla. Saving the planet had nothing to do with why I got it. Not dealing with a dealership and their sales booshet, ordered online, eliminating gas and repairs, and as it turned out the fun of driving it. I kinda wish my commute was longer 😂. There is a reason waiting list are 6 months long for a Tesla car delivery. The wait was 3 months when ordered mine 4 years ago. Tesla disrupted the auto industry and forced change. Because it’s a great car. Enough of my Tesla fanboy stuff tho. 😅
If Cadillac can bring that sweet sounding LDMh to market, I'll buy it!

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
You see a lot of electric cars in So Cal, which typically leads the nation. I am guessing it will happen. Cheaper to build, cheaper to run, the technology will continue to evolve
Then why are ford and Mercedes halting production?

you really don’t follow the industry very closely do you?

Reactions: Alta Loma Trojan

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Then why are ford and Mercedes halting production?

you really don’t follow the industry very closely do you?
Because they went to fast. Have lunch at Tommy Bahamas Newport Beach and tell me how many you see in the parking lot.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Because they went to fast. Have lunch at Tommy Bahamas Newport Beach and tell me how many you see in the parking lot.
Government incentives and bailouts certainly don’t change the fact that they’re losing their shirts. I don’t care about TB’s. Going to lunch is all their really useful for.

btw, both my daughters bought EVs.

Alta Loma Trojan

Aug 24, 2017
I leased a Chevy Volt around 12 years ago when I worked in DT LA and wanted the 10 freeway carpool sticker.
It was a hybrid and I only ran it on gas. I didn't have a 220 volt so ithe 110 volt took around 12 hours to charge for not many miles. I think gas was the same cost or cheaper anyway. Electricity isn't cheap.
Why buy an electric car when the technology is changing so fast? Lease it for 2-3 years instead. I can't see the resale value very high after 3-5 years because the newer electric cars would be much better from a technology standpoint.

Reactions: Pudly76

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
One of the reasons electric cars are not selling as fast is the price of oil dropped. The Saudis are well aware of that you can bet. Can you imagine what the price of oil would be with no competition.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
One of the reasons electric cars are not selling as fast is the price of oil dropped. The Saudis are well aware of that you can bet. Can you imagine what the price of oil would be with no competition.
Sure.

and I can imagine the price of electricity when the mandate comes into effect. Then what happens when the power structure can’t handle it?

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Is there anyone with a more myopic world view than you? I doubt it.

BTW, incase math is hard for you 2035 is only 11 years away

• Wow

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Sure.

and I can imagine the price of electricity when the mandate comes into effect. Then what happens when the power structure can’t handle it?
That is why CA is very quietly purchasing/building natural gas fired plants in Utah.
But the grid still won't handle it and where the f'ing hell are people going to plug in their cars?

I know that myopic fools like xxx can't possibly grasp the fact that this state is trying to force more people into apartment buildings while at the same time forcing electric cars..... this does not work.

Jan 17, 2024
Here's a random story...bear with me. My youngest (10 and 13) were part of the Junior Olympic trials. My 13 yo's bff's parent own multiple electric cars. The JO trials were in VA beach, but our President's home state did not have any chargers there. None. Not slow, not fast, not anything. I drove to VA beach in 9-ish hours with one gas stop. F's friend had to spend the night in order to charge their car. I know this is the sound and fury signifying nothing.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
The wokesters are losing this battle. Reality can be a harsh teacher.

The "smart" people are finally realizing the problems with EVs
1. where in the love of god are people going to charge all these cars?
2. how will the electric grid possibly support all those cars?
3. EVs are too expensive of a vehicle to force on the masses that want a sub-$20k vehicle
4. There is not even close to being enough of the raw materials needed to support that many EVs
5. The road to profitability for most manufacturers is not clear and certainly not imminent

But, I guarantee CA is not going to change course. Politicians in this state are nothing if not stupid.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
The "smart" people are finally realizing the problems with EVs
1. where in the love of god are people going to charge all these cars?
2. how will the electric grid possibly support all those cars?
3. EVs are too expensive of a vehicle to force on the masses that want a sub-$20k vehicle
4. There is not even close to being enough of the raw materials needed to support that many EVs
5. The road to profitability for most manufacturers is not clear and certainly not imminent

But, I guarantee CA is not going to change course. Politicians in this state are nothing if not stupid.
What are we going to do with all the extra rear tires we’ve gone thru?

Latest posts