Who's staying, who's going back, and who's doing both?

Who's staying, who's going back?

• Just gonna stay here after all that nonsense

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I'm heading back to BWI/Nittany Nation

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I'll do both forums

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters

backdrft76

Oct 11, 2021

nerfstate

Oct 11, 2021
Definitely inclined to stick w/ the old board, which casual fans can read without registering. But I'm going to see what Tom has to say before deciding.

Reactions: JA1339

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Definitely inclined to stick w/ the old board, which casual fans can read without registering. But I'm going to see what Tom has to say before deciding.

yikes. talk about putting me on the spot.

here's the thing: I've never done anything to try to induce or encourage folks to come to my 1st board, my board on Rivals, the wrestling board on Rivals, etc. I just put in the time and energy, and the communities at the aforementioned blossomed.

Pretty much everything I've done in the past on the wrestling board on Rivals, I'll be doing here. I really enjoyed the community on that board, and I hope many/most of them will find their way here. But that's each individuals decision, and not something for me to make.

nerfstate

Oct 11, 2021
yikes. talk about putting me on the spot.

here's the thing: I've never done anything to try to induce or encourage folks to come to my 1st board, my board on Rivals, the wrestling board on Rivals, etc. I just put in the time and energy, and the communities at the aforementioned blossomed.

Pretty much everything I've done in the past on the wrestling board on Rivals, I'll be doing here. I really enjoyed the community on that board, and I hope many/most of them will find their way here. But that's each individuals decision, and not something for me to make.
The board seems fine too. The fact that here is where are you’ll be investing your efforts is a good reason to pay attention here. Any chance this board becomes registration free to read soon?

Reactions: Dogwelder

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The board seems fine too. The fact that here is where are you’ll be investing your efforts is a good reason to pay attention here. Any chance this board becomes registration free to read soon?

I honestly have no idea. It will take me some time to get up to speed on what are the plans for this site, what is in development, who to contact for answers to questions, etc.

dicemen99

Oct 6, 2021
I'll probably do both at the start, but it looks like most of the guys I follow are over here and I would expect that this site will become the dominant one shortly. I'm a football site subscriber as well, so I definitely will be logging in here first from now on - the $1 first year was a nice little windfall for me.

Although I rarely do so anymore, I'll probably only start new threads on this site from now on. I'm guessing I'll limit my replies to mostly over here as well.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I'll probably do both at the start, but it looks like most of the guys I follow are over here and I would expect that this site will become the dominant one shortly. I'm a football site subscriber as well, so I definitely will be logging in here first from now on - the $1 first year was a nice little windfall for me.

Although I rarely do so anymore, I'll probably only start new threads on this site from now on. I'm guessing I'll limit my replies to mostly over here as well.
Pretty much the same for me.

A couple additional thoughts:
Tom did an awful lot for our board over the years and earned my loyalty.

The other site kept the McAndrew Board name without Tom's involvement. To borrow a phrase: Not how we would have handled it.

86PSUPaul

Oct 11, 2021
Pretty much the same for me.

A couple additional thoughts:
Tom did an awful lot for our board over the years and earned my loyalty.

The other site kept the McAndrew Board name without Tom's involvement. To borrow a phrase: Not how we would have handled it.
Actually it is now called the Nittany Lounge, But I do agree with the Tom statement. And. at least for now, BWI is still in their address, but that might get reset. Lions Den and Wrestling Room are still names they use.

Reactions: BaccaFarmer

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I was all for doing both until I realized you were talking about forums. I need pics to clarify

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Grass

Oct 28, 2021
I'm actually kind of stuck with both for now as my Rivals membership was auto-renewed last month.

McPat

Oct 31, 2021
It looks like it was taken down on the old board, but I felt like we were told the old board was no longer going to exist and that we had to migrate over here. Maybe I read that wrong. If I didn’t read that wrong, I’m not thrilled with this start. Sorry for the negative feedback. I’m not taking my ball and going home or anything, but if you’re taking questions, then I’ll ask “what was up with that?” Why not just go full disclosure in what was happening?

dicemen99

Oct 6, 2021
It looks like it was taken down on the old board, but I felt like we were told the old board was no longer going to exist and that we had to migrate over here. Maybe I read that wrong. If I didn’t read that wrong, I’m not thrilled with this start. Sorry for the negative feedback. I’m not taking my ball and going home or anything, but if you’re taking questions, then I’ll ask “what was up with that?” Why not just go full disclosure in what was happening?
I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about not being able to post information about a competitor you are leaving on your existing platform before you are contractually able to - if you took a job at a new company and gave your two weeks notice, would you be permitted to solicit your customers for your new company on your old company's dime (spare me the non-compete comments, it's my unelegant attempt at an analogy). But it seems that MANY are struggling with this - even after November 1st.

It's always been very clear that BWI was going to move here on November 1st. And they were going to have a forum called The Wrestling Room here.

The old "Wrestling Room" is now run by a new administrator from the Rutgers site and it looks like they are bringing in the Rutgers wrestling "expert" for content - Lex. It looks like Clay S. may be involved as well - which is a plus for them. I'd rather see him over here.

McPat

Oct 31, 2021
Thanks for the snide response.

I think it’s easy to see the confusion everyone has had. That means it hasn’t ‘always been very clear”. Especially for those that only visit the wrestling forum.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Several things here:

- you may not have cared for the tenor of @dicemen99's post, but he got the essence of the challenges all parties faced in this situation
- the BWI guys NEVER said a word about what was going to take place, due to contractual restrictions
- I didn't say a word about what was going to happen until I knew about mid-October that I was moving with BWI, and that there would be a wrestling board on the new site
- when I did post something about what was going to take place, it dealt with where I was headed, and some general info about how the new board would run (it would be free, what the platform was, etc.)
- many posters had speculated as to what would happen with both sites/boards, starting in early October if I recall correctly. That was speculation, not facts, and not something either the BWI guys or I could control or could respond to
- the guy taking over the Penn State site on Rivals was also, due to contractual restrictions, prevented from spelling out what the plans were for that site
- I didn't know until the last week of October what the guy taking over the Penn State site on Rivals planned to do, and it wasn't my place to spell that out, and I was also trying to be careful of contractual restrictions (and now that I think more about it, he specifically asked me not to say anything about his plans, which I honored)

Would any of the aforementioned liked to have done the transition differently? I can't speak for any of them, but I suspect they would have, as I know the process and the inability to detail things was frustrating for me.

While I've always been a good team player (the team being BWI) on the boards at BWI, I think I've shown over many, many years that I go above and beyond to try to help the board community, and that my loyalties are with the board community. I know for a fact that I provided more info to the board community about what was going to happen in the coming weeks than did any of the other above listed entities/individuals. Perhaps I put myself at some risk in doing so, but I wanted those in the community to know as much as I could share. As such, I feel very comfortable with what I did.

Stick around, and see how things go. PSU wrestling starts in a few weeks, so this is a time we all should be feeling positive.

dicemen99

Oct 6, 2021

I think it’s easy to see the confusion everyone has had. That means it hasn’t ‘always been very clear”. Especially for those that only visit the wrestling forum.
Your welcome.

There is a 6-page thread on the old board - the wrestling forum - on the topic. Hotshoe posted what he understood and what he didn't know to be happening clearly and concisely about six separate times. Tom posted at least 3 rather lengthy and detailed explanations as well, complete with hints at what and why he wasn't allowed to say everything over there. I'm not sure what else could be done - but clearly, there was still a lot of confusion for some.

I'm always happy :):):) to be snide when someone complains about not getting information that is readily available to them. I'm also happy to be snide when someone asks for that info - but more likely to use emojis :);):mad::cool::p:eek::ROFLMAO::sick:(y)

McPat

Oct 31, 2021
Your welcome.

There is a 6-page thread on the old board - the wrestling forum - on the topic. Hotshoe posted what he understood and what he didn't know to be happening clearly and concisely about six separate times. Tom posted at least 3 rather lengthy and detailed explanations as well, complete with hints at what and why he wasn't allowed to say everything over there. I'm not sure what else could be done - but clearly, there was still a lot of confusion for some.

I'm always happy :):):) to be snide when someone complains about not getting information that is readily available to them. I'm also happy to be snide when someone asks for that info - but more likely to use emojis :);):mad::cool::p:eek::ROFLMAO::sick:(y)
Can you post a link to the six page thread that clearly explained everything?
threads

GregPickel said to go ahead and ask any questions. I do so and get spanked by diceman. So goes online forums, I guess.

I saw a bunch of threads wondering what would happen. I saw people saying goodbye. Agpodnap started one on Saturday saying the site was going offline at midnight and providing instruction on how to migrate over and register.

I don't think I am the only one that was / is confused. Maybe if I spent more time on the forums.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I’m confused, but moving twice in a week sounds like something you only do in your early 20’s outta desperation.

I’m probably staying put purely out of convenience to myself.

note to self: figure out a way to get Hula Hoop girl to give a weekly performance on this board, and Crop would have no question as to where to call his home away from home. ;)

Cali_Nittany

Oct 11, 2021
threads

GregPickel said to go ahead and ask any questions. I do so and get spanked by diceman. So goes online forums, I guess.

I saw a bunch of threads wondering what would happen. I saw people saying goodbye. Agpodnap started one on Saturday saying the site was going offline at midnight and providing instruction on how to migrate over and register.

I don't think I am the only one that was / is confused. Maybe if I spent more time on the forums.

Link

Cali_Nittany

Oct 11, 2021
threads

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe

Twisterky

Oct 31, 2021
Confused as well even after reading the 6 page thread on the old board. Could I say old? But I will stay here going forward. 😁

DistrictIV

Oct 11, 2021

I wasn't aware that staying on the old board was an option

NittFan

Oct 8, 2021
I am stayimg here. Rutgers Dick seems kind of smarmy to me. Plus I love the image policy here. Well mostly. There has been one notable exception. My first ignore.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021

Yikes. His response got to the essence efficiently. Your contributions are certainly welcome but you may not like some of the interactions when things occasionally get sticky here - like when we’re in danger of waiting until Saturday night to wrap up the team race, or debating which 149 AA to send out in March.

Goosfraba

Oct 29, 2021
I am just happy we found something to fill in the white space. This last couple of weeks before actual wrestling was getting brutal. For the most part I am just sitting back and getting entertained.

McPat

Oct 31, 2021
Yikes. His response got to the essence efficiently. Your contributions are certainly welcome but you may not like some of the interactions when things occasionally get sticky here - like when we’re in danger of waiting until Saturday night to wrap up the team race, or debating which 149 AA to send out in March.
I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but when the folks running a new site say they’d welcome any questions about the change and I take them up on it by asking why we’re things so secretively and why were we told that the old site would cease to exist, I don’t expect some other poster to rip into me for being stupid and uniformed. (Tom explained it; thank you Tom.)

I’ll agree that my skin is prob too thin for online forums and I should just go back to reading and not posting.

Latest posts