Why is freshman Sahnya Jah transferring? ***

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
In laymans terms insubortination. Read between the lines.

Yes. It was obvious with her last suspension that she was done. Her transferring is a softer landing for the media, than to say she was dismissed. She had multiple suspensions in only 6 months speaks volumes. With the way Dawn recruits she does not have to put up with mess and her discipline standards are extremely high and for good reason.

Reactions: USCEDGE

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
I’m a bit disappointed that we recruited her to begin with. Not going to bash her here and now. Should’ve been kicked off the team prior to this.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Just don't get it. No, she wasn't starting, but we had only 11 able bodies. There was playing time to be had and she could have made some integral contributions to a championship run. She does not appear to have star type of skill. So, where is she going to transfer where her role would be better. I guess some players would rather lose and have all the playing time.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
She apparently just didn't fit. In any endeavor that requires regimentation under a strong authority figure, some people can't color between the prescribed lines. That doesn't make them bad people; it makes them people who need to be elsewhere.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
She apparently just didn't fit. In any endeavor that requires regimentation under a strong authority figure, some people can't color between the prescribed lines. That doesn't make them bad people; it makes them people who need to be elsewhere.
Do you think Angel Reese could play for Dawn or anybody other than the ''dime store queen''?
The definition of not fitting in regimentation under an authority figure.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Do you think Angel Reese could play for Dawn or anybody other than the ''dime store queen''?
The definition of not fitting in regimentation under an authority figure.
Hard to tell. It would depend on the degree to which she respected Dawn's attainments across the board and whether or not they got off on the right foot. It's not for certain she would be exactly like she is if she were here. It's more certain that Dawn wouldn't change for her.

Reactions: atl-cock

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Hard to tell. It would depend on the degree to which she respected Dawn's attainments across the board and whether or not they got off on the right foot. It's not for certain she would be exactly like she is if she were here. It's more certain that Dawn wouldn't change for her.
I think Angel Reese and Coach would be just fine. Yes, Reese has some on-court antics, but she plays hard. The type of player that you hate as an opponent, but would love on your team. Never heard of Reese being disrespectful or not obeying the rules off the court. Also, coach gives our players some freedom. Fulwiley gives the “Too Small” and “Baby” gestures a lot. Watkins does a lot of talking. Breezy talks a lot too. I don’t mind that. A good coach gives their players freedom to be who they are to a certain point.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
So Dawn can call Sarah Strong and say, "wait a minute I have a spot for you at the W position".

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
Not to sound mean or insensitive, but this looks like a win win for everyone. Rosters above 12 players are cumbersome when it comes to keeping everyone happy.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
I think Angel Reese and Coach would be just fine. Yes, Reese has some on-court antics, but she plays hard. The type of player that you hate as an opponent, but would love on your team. Never heard of Reese being disrespectful or not obeying the rules off the court. Also, coach gives our players some freedom. Fulwiley gives the “Too Small” and “Baby” gestures a lot. Watkins does a lot of talking. Breezy talks a lot too. I don’t mind that. A good coach gives their players freedom to be who they are to a certain point.
Reese missed several games this year — the reason(s) was not disclosed. Her behavior reeks of entitlement.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
We were in Reese's final five coming out of high school. Not sure if we offered her when she transferred or not, but there was speculation we did. I don't think Dawn would have let her act like Mulkey allows her to act, though.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
We were in Reese's final five coming out of high school. Not sure if we offered her when she transferred or not, but there was speculation we did. I don't think Dawn would have let her act like Mulkey allows her to act, though.
We did. An LSU player that had played with Angel before convinced her not to take the visit here. It was very similar to our recruitment of Aneesha Morrow. I really don't see that big a difference between Reese and Watkins. Remember, Watkins wanted to fight the Scheer girl from Kentucky just because she reached in and disrupted her dunk. Watkins plays with an edge (Give me that **** on every block) similar to Reese. Watkins' involvement with Flau'jae sort of set the whole thing off at the SEC tournament. So, Dawn has experience managing players with an edge. I think some are making Reese worse than she is because she is an opponent.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
We did. An LSU player that had played with Angel before convinced her not to take the visit here. It was very similar to our recruitment of Aneesha Morrow. I really don't see that big a difference between Reese and Watkins. Remember, Watkins wanted to fight the Scheer girl from Kentucky just because she reached in and disrupted her dunk. Watkins plays with an edge (Give me that **** on every block) similar to Reese. Watkins' involvement with Flau'jae sort of set the whole thing off at the SEC tournament. So, Dawn has experience managing players with an edge. I think some are making Reese worse than she is because she is an opponent.

I think Angel Reese is definitely fake tough. Not about that life even though she pretends to be on the court with the talking, hair pulling, getting in people’s faces. As soon as the stuff went down in the championship game we all saw her literally run in the opposite direction. You know what the “real ones” don’t care about when a fight goes down? Whether they have a twisted ankle or their endorsement deals. You know what the “real ones” don’t say when they’re not scared of someone? They don’t say “I’m not scared of South Carolina.” She’s the biggest phony with the facade of “being from Baltimore.”

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I think Angel Reese is definitely fake tough. Not about that life even though she pretends to be on the court with the talking, hair pulling, getting in people’s faces. As soon as the stuff went down in the championship game we all saw her literally run in the opposite direction. You know what the “real ones” don’t care about when a fight goes down? Whether they have a twisted ankle or their endorsement deals. You know what the “real ones” don’t say when they’re not scared of someone? They don’t say “I’m not scared of South Carolina.” She’s the biggest phony with the facade of “being from Baltimore.”
Since we are in mixed company here, there's a certain five-letter word, sometimes applied to a feline, that we used to call craven boys on the playground when hostilities broke out and they hung back or ran away. She proved herself to be precisely that when that dustup erupted in Greenville last week. I'll say no more about her "bravado".

Last edited:
Reactions: CockyGirl

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I agree there is a difference. I have not seen Watkins cheapshot anyone. I have seen her put players on the floor boxing out, including Aneesha Morrow in the last game. To Morrow's credit, she just got up and moved on. That is physical play.

Now, Watkins won't tolerate any perceived cheapshot on her. When Utsby pushed her going for a ball, Ashlyn was ready to straight up fight her.

Reese, on the other hand, is all about the cheapshots and wants no part of an actual fight. She obviously targeted Kamilla with her cheapshots but not Watkins because she knew Ashlyn wouldn't tolerate it.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I just don't think she is the type of player Dawn likes to develop although she may have viewed her as a project and if the going got tough, she would have transferred. If she had played under Dawn and did stick it out, she would be a much different and probably better player just because of a different demeanor and mindset/focus to her game.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
I agree there is a difference. I have not seen Watkins cheapshot anyone. I have seen her put players on the floor boxing out, including Aneesha Morrow in the last game. To Morrow's credit, she just got up and moved on. That is physical play.

Now, Watkins won't tolerate any perceived cheapshot on her. When Utsby pushed her going for a ball, Ashlyn was ready to straight up fight her.

Reese, on the other hand, is all about the cheapshots and wants no part of an actual fight. She obviously targeted Kamilla with her cheapshots but not Watkins because she knew Ashlyn wouldn't tolerate it.

That’s what we would call a “real one.”

Reactions: DarkCock

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I just don't think she is the type of player Dawn likes to develop although she may have viewed her as a project and if the going got tough, she would have transferred. If she had played under Dawn and did stick it out, she would be a much different and probably better player just because of a different demeanor and mindset/focus to her game.
Still think you guys are giving coach a little too much credit and trying to demonize a player too much because she is a competitor. Guys, we had Tea Cooper disrupting things for an entire year. So, this notion that we take players that only conform to a certain way is just not true. We have players that run the spectrum of personality profiles just like any other program. Now, Coach has rules. Most programs have rules. Sometimes, we have our garnet glasses on a little too snuggly and think Coach Staley is the only one that knows what she is doing.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Still think you guys are giving coach a little too much credit and trying to demonize a player too much because she is a competitor. Guys, we had Tea Cooper disrupting things for an entire year. So, this notion that we take players that only conform to a certain way is just not true. We have players that run the spectrum of personality profiles just like any other program. Now, we Coach rules. Most programs have rules. Sometimes, we have our garnet glasses on a little too snuggly and think Coach Staley is the only one that knows what she is doing.
She may not be the only one who knows what she is doing, but she is our coach, and I wouldn't trade her for any other. I think her record demonstrates she knows what she is doing along with the type of players she sends to the league. With that said, I don't agree with everything she does basketball related and otherwise. She has earned every penny she has been paid and is very charitable with her earnings which makes her a winner as well.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
She may not be the only one who knows what she is doing, but she is our coach, and I wouldn't trade her for any other. I think her record demonstrates she knows what she is doing along with the type of players she sends to the league. With that said, I don't agree with everything she does basketball related and otherwise. She has earned every penny she has been paid and is very charitable with her earnings which makes her a winner as well.
I totally agree with that. However, the reason I am defending Angel Reese here is because they way some are talking about Reese is the way many in the National Media, coaches, and fans from other programs talk about our girls. Try to call them thugs here and there. Trying to make every excuse for us winning besides us preparing and working hard. So, I am saying we need to be careful how we talk because it doesn't feel good when you are on the receiving end of that. For example, how Dawn pushed for an apology when some guy in the National Media called Cardoso "That Giant Brazilian woman that knocks people over".