Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

Psalm 1 guy

Oct 17, 2021
I don't believe I saw this article when it came out in 2019, but it is excellent. Numerous individuals were interviewed to talk about what their initial thoughts were when they first heard Cael was coming to Penn State. There are also some great behind-the-scenes nuggets regarding the direction of the wrestling program prior to Cael and the thoughts of some of the wrestlers on the team at that time. Very informative.

Here's a quote from the article: Molinaro: "I remember I was on Cherry Lane, sitting in my apartment when my cell phone rang, and it was Cael Sanderson. I stopped everything I was doing. I had never talked to the guy in my life. I was really excited. I knew there was so much to be learned from him, so for me, it was a blessing. I thought that this is what I signed up for, and now they’re bringing in the best collegiate wrestler of all-time, so I felt really grateful for Penn State going out and getting the best."

And here's a quote from Cael: Sanderson (introductory press conference on April 20, 2009): "My plans are big, and my vision is big, it is just a matter of getting it done. I don’t want to stand up here and talk a lot. I just want to get started and we will see what we can do…We’re just going to build on the legacy of Penn State. My goal is to compete for the national championship every year. It’s real simple."

And here's one more: Cipriano: "I wrote a column after Cael was hired called “The Day College Wrestling Changed,” and I got a lot of nasty emails from Iowa fans saying I didn’t know what I was talking about. Things changed that day. This was the person who was going to be able to not only wake up the sleeping lion but make it ferocious and something its competitors didn’t want to go near."

onwardstate.com

An Oral History Of The Day Cael Sanderson Turned College Wrestling On Its Head

Ten years ago today, Cael Sanderson stunned the wrestling world when news broke that he was leaving his alma mater Iowa State to take the reins at Penn State.
onwardstate.com
onwardstate.com

Last edited: 46 minutes ago
Old wrestler, retired cop, follower of Christ, husband, father & son. "The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13

"I don’t only want one [title]. I want a bunch of them like the University of Iowa. I believe I’m in the right place for that to happen." Cael Sanderson in 2009

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Looks like Steveson's WWE career is back on again. Delay was due to a heart condition.

With him training full-time in Florida, HWT has likely opened up.

Latest posts