Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Forgot Nolf. Big ommission.

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on Sparks's Best B1G Wrestlers of the Last 10 Years. Nolf certainly is deserving of consideration. And if the timeframe is 10 years, he's also omitting Ed Ruth, who went 100-1 in 2012, 2013, & 2014 and won 3 NCAA titles, and he's also omitting DT, who went 99-3 in 2012, 2013, & 2014, won 2 NCAAs and finished 2nd the other year, and won 2 Hodge Trophies.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Spencer lee, dake. Hard to say top 5. Is it just NCAA results or freestyle also.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Spencer lee, dake. Hard to say top 5. Is it just NCAA results or freestyle also.

Spencer is worthy of consideration. In the last 10 years of B1G wrestling, he's won 3 NCAA titles, and 2 Hodge trophies. Dake didn't wrestle in the B1G, so he would not be eligible for consideration.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Spencer is worthy of consideration. In the last 10 years of B1G wrestling, he's won 3 NCAA titles, and 2 Hodge trophies. Dake didn't wrestle in the B1G, so he would not be eligible for consideration.
Missed the big ten part. That is what happens when you are reading at 0430 In the morning. In 3 years it may be a whole different set of wrestlers. Brooks, carter.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

TangSoo

Oct 29, 2021

Gonna give this a listen when time permits. These guys seem to be a couple unsung heroes within the program.

Speaking of pantheon/Mt. Rushmore. My list wouldn't be complete without Nolf on it. But the guy who really got short changed, and will get short changed in these discussions is Cenzo. Covid denied him his chance of being a 3 timer (and he had as good a chance as anybody to win it). And his two title wins were over IMar. He beat an all-timer twice in the finals. IMar would've been a 4 timer if not for Cenzo.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on Sparks's Best B1G Wrestlers of the Last 10 Years. Nolf certainly is deserving of consideration. And if the timeframe is 10 years, he's also omitting Ed Ruth, who went 100-1 in 2012, 2013, & 2014 and won 3 NCAA titles, and he's also omitting DT, who went 99-3 in 2012, 2013, & 2014, won 2 NCAAs and finished 2nd the other year, and won 2 Hodge Trophies.
If we are talking college wrestling, and I think we are because it is Big Ten, I would take both Ruth and Nolf ahead of Zain, Snyder and Steveson. Nolf is a 3 timer, 4 time finalist. Ruth is a 3 timer, only due to injury. Steveson's freshman year was lightyears away from where he is now. Snyder is a 2-1-1-1 so he is a 5 right? Zain's freshman year he as 5th.

I think you take their places and add them up. Logie is a 4. Nolf and Nickel are 5's. Honestly, Spencer is going to be a 4. Snyder is a 5. Taylor is a 6, Zain an 8. Ruth is a 6 right?

Logie, Snyder, Bo, Nolf, Spencer. Of course I could be wrong.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
If we are talking college wrestling, and I think we are because it is Big Ten, I would take both Ruth and Nolf ahead of Zain, Snyder and Steveson. Nolf is a 3 timer, 4 time finalist. Ruth is a 3 timer, only due to injury. Steveson's freshman year was lightyears away from where he is now. Snyder is a 2-1-1-1 so he is a 5 right? Zain's freshman year he as 5th.

I think you take their places and add them up. Logie is a 4. Nolf and Nickel are 5's. Honestly, Spencer is going to be a 4. Snyder is a 5. Taylor is a 6, Zain an 8. Ruth is a 6 right?

Logie, Snyder, Bo, Nolf, Spencer. Of course I could be wrong.
There’s no right or wrong, that’s what makes these debates so enjoyable or frustrating, depending on your perspective. Good news too is they haven’t started construction yet on the Mt. Rushmore of B1G wrestling!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
For those that don't follow PSU football religiously, Phil Trautwein is the offensive line coach for PSU.

Reactions: Hlstone

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Willie with another put-down of Jammen. lol.

I believe it started with this tweet by Willie:

I'm not sure when Jammen jumped into the discussion, but here's his tweet and Willie's reply:

The putdown that @El_Jefe immortalized as part of his sig was better, but this one is pretty darn good.

Reactions: El_Jefe

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Willie with another put-down of Jammen. lol.

I believe it started with this tweet by Willie:

I'm not sure when Jammen jumped into the discussion, but here's his tweet and Willie's reply:

The putdown that @El_Jefe immortalized as part of his sig was better, but this one is pretty darn good.

^^ is what happens when Willie uses more than 2 words to talk to Jammen.

Two words is all Jammen deserves, but others can use an occasional reminder.

pabison

Dec 11, 2021

I’d have to go Trent at #2. He’s undefeated and a returning finalist. Until proven otherwise no one other than Brooks is better than him, at least based on a combo of last year and this years’ records. To me he’s #2. Then I go with Amine at #3 based on strength of schedule vs. Keck’s SOS. That leaves Keck at #4.

Latest posts