Will Dawn lose any players to the portal?

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I think they are a very tight group that will stick together. Walker may be only one. However you just cant ever tell what goes through their heads. Dawn very rarely loses anyone to the portal unless she encourages it due to attitude, etc.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
I’m worried about Fulwiley and Kitts. Fulwiley is a show off (in a good way) and will she be happy sharing spotlight? Now that these ladies have a championship, will they want more ptime?

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
I’m worried about Fulwiley and Kitts. Fulwiley is a show off (in a good way) and will she be happy sharing spotlight? Now that these ladies have a championship, will they want more ptime?
Kitts‘ boyfriend is on men’s team.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I'd imagine at least one or two that realize that they'll never play will head out. They'll have USC cache and can probably secure a starting spot in a different league.

Reactions: Evilchicken

Henry322

Oct 29, 2013
A couple of things stand out to me from this season with respect to “the process” of Dawn and her staff. One is the difference in the two UNC games, especially in the play of Fulwiley, Tessa, and Feagin. That kind of progress during the course of a season is absolutely amazing. Rivers, now at NC State, doesn’t seem to have progressed since she left. If I’m Dawn I’m pointing that out. And reminding them about last year’s WNBA draft. BTW, any of you stathounds have the average minutes played by last year’s team vs this year?
I also can’t help thinking that Chloe and Ashlynn might not play with the intensity they do if they were sure starters with a guaranteed 35 minutes.

Mar 8, 2023
A couple of things stand out to me from this season with respect to “the process” of Dawn and her staff. One is the difference in the two UNC games, especially in the play of Fulwiley, Tessa, and Feagin. That kind of progress during the course of a season is absolutely amazing. Rivers, now at NC State, doesn’t seem to have progressed since she left. If I’m Dawn I’m pointing that out. And reminding them about last year’s WNBA draft. BTW, any of you stathounds have the average minutes played by last year’s team vs this year?
I also can’t help thinking that Chloe and Ashlynn might not play with the intensity they do if they were sure starters with a guaranteed 35 minutes.
I'm never surprised anymore when kids leave. But you're wrong about Rivers. She was Sixth Woman of the Year in the ACC last year and was 1st Team All-ACC this year. I would say she progress just fine.

Hoping all the USC players realize they have a chance to be champions again if they stay and not go for the personal glory. With what they have now and what is coming in, they will be Final Four contenders again.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I always hate these threads BUT I’m also doing the math in my head about who might want to leave? It feels disrespectful to speculate out loud but it is the reality of the college game.

IF Sakima or Tac just show out and are inked in at the 5 by summer then there is a massive logjam at the 4; Watkins, Edwards, Kitts and Feagin. All 4 are a starter and a walking double double at most other schools even a lot of top 25 teams.

Tessa will do double duty. Primary sub for Breezy. She will also get some minutes at the 2. That gives Raven, TeHina and MiLaysia plenty of PT. It also allows Maddie to be brought along, all depending on her recovery.

They all like each other and are committed to the process and “The Standard”. Dawn’s shuffling of playing time is reminiscent of how she juggled the Olympic team. Everyone played minutes but matchups and hot hands made PT very different night to night.

The wildcard is if there is someone in the portal that is dying to come here and just can’t say no to.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I'd imagine at least one or two that realize that they'll never play will head out. They'll have USC cache and can probably secure a starting spot in a different league.
The only player on the team that doesn't get regular playing time is Walker and with Cardoso leaving there may be minutes for her if she improves her strength and agility. She is the only candidate that I can see. She also has the option of graduating and just moving on.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
We need some of them to portal out so we can get some transgenders in here according to Coach Staley's wishes.

• Haha
Reactions: Fleet50

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Could some of our players transfer? Yes. Will they? maybe. Dawn didnt think any would due to how the program is as a whole. I think also, that even when we see hundreds and thousands of players in the portl every year, it seems like they all want to jump ship. However, many are not about that and know where their best future lies, i.e. Pros, development, championships, etc. THAT is what Dawn sells and why I dont think any will leave other than maybe Walker.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Why? She said it. Own it or GTFO.
Well aren’t you classy. She responded to a question. I don’t agree with her answer but it doesn’t need to keep being brought up like this. If you don’t like what she said, I really think it is you who need to get out. Let’s celebrate what just happened and not bash the best coach this university has ever had.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Well then own your statement that you are abandoning our WBB team and GTFO. You don’t like her or her politics, good for you and your moral code. But do you really want to have your purpose in life to be just dropping turds 💩 on every WBB thread. Take your own advice and just leave it alone. You will be happier and so will we.

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
"any of you stathounds have the average minutes played by last year’s team vs this year?"
Not accounting for any overtime games, I am pretty dang sure that both teams averaged 200 minutes a game. In fact, I would bet on it. ;) :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: FootballLVR

The Coast is Clear

Jan 25, 2022
Don't they have 48 hours after the final game to declare? That would mean they have to do it by today.
Don't they have 48 hours after the final game to declare? That would mean they have to do it by today.
That is for the WNBA. There is an SEC deadline to transfer within conference which is why Cooper had to sit out this year at TN. I want to say it is in May, but I am not sure.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Well then own your statement that you are abandoning our WBB team and GTFO. You don’t like her or her politics, good for you and your moral code. But do you really want to have your purpose in life to be just dropping turds 💩 on every WBB thread. Take your own advice and just leave it alone. You will be happier and so will we.
I like winning. Unfortunately we don't do enough of it here. But I still have my values and they are not in line with our women's basketball coach. I do, however, have the right to express my opinions and beliefs.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I like winning. Unfortunately we don't do enough of it here. But I still have my values and they are not in line with our women's basketball coach. I do, however, have the right to express my opinions and beliefs.
Absolutely you do, however so does Dawn and we cant want to express our views but attack others who express theirs just because they do not line up with our own. There is nothing wrong with having your own opinion and I respect that but it cant come in the form of ridiculing someone elses views. That is what you were doing with Dawn. You cant live a life of hypocrisy like that, it just doesnt work that way.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Absolutely you do, however so does Dawn and we cant want to express our views but attack others who express theirs just because they do not line up with our own. There is nothing wrong with having your own opinion and I respect that but it cant come in the form of ridiculing someone elses views. That is what you were doing with Dawn. You cant live a life of hypocrisy like that, it just doesnt work that way.
Look, I appreciate the championships she has brought us. I just don't like the fact that she wants to be "about" other non-basketball stuff. It takes away from her greatness. That's not hyprocisy.

• Haha
Reactions: gamecockcleo

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
We need some of them to portal out so we can get some transgenders in here according to Coach Staley's wishes.
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Reactions: Goody

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
That is for the WNBA. There is an SEC deadline to transfer within conference which is why Cooper had to sit out this year at TN. I want to say it is in May, but I am not sure.
Was that just the SEC deadline? She transferred late summer. I would think that was too late for any transfer to be eligible for the upcoming season. But I don't claim to know the rule.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Look, I appreciate the championships she has brought us. I just don't like the fact that she wants to be "about" other non-basketball stuff. It takes away from her greatness. That's not hyprocisy.
That’s not hypocrisy but saying you don’t want to hear someone else’s opinion but yet freely express your own and say you have the right to is hypocrisy

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Dear Jesus, No one has said don’t express your beliefs. I’m questioning your honesty. You said you were quitting our WBB. Quitting means quitting. It doesn’t mean dropping turds on every WBB thread. If you are fed up, I got no problem. But don’t piss on everyone else’s parade. Just leave the threads alone.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Excellent points.

The Coast is Clear

Jan 25, 2022
Was that just the SEC deadline? She transferred late summer. I would think that was too late for any transfer to be eligible for the upcoming season. But I don't claim to know the rule.
You could be correct. It might be a NCAA rule. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/DIUG_Windows.pdf

Reactions: DarkCock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
To be honest, the second UNC game was markedly affected by our playing them at home in a sudden-death situation and their attrition due to injury. Behind their starting guards, they did not have a single scholarship guard on the bench to bring into the game. Compare that to our situation. We SHOULD have throttled them that day.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Stop worrying then. Kitts isnt going anywhere and Fulwiley is leaving the dream. UA wants her to stay right where she is.

• Love
Reactions: Evilchicken

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022
Kitts‘ boyfriend is on men’s team.

I think they are a very tight group that will stick together. Walker may be only one. However you just cant ever tell what goes through their heads. Dawn very rarely loses anyone to the portal unless she encourages it due to attitude, etc.
Wasn't there one player who was 'indefinitely suspended', ... I think, for attitude? What was the result of that?

Anyway, while it drove me crazy during football season when folks posted 'Trust the Coaches' ... considering the results Dawn Staley has achieved, it appears that she has things under control and in her case I fully ... Trust the Coach.

Reactions: USMC1974

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
Wasn't there one player who was 'indefinitely suspended', ... I think, for attitude? What was the result of that?

Anyway, while it drove me crazy during football season when folks posted 'Trust the Coaches' ... considering the results Dawn Staley has achieved, it appears that she has things under control and in her case I fully ... Trust the Coach.
Yes, that player is not returning. Dawn told her she would help her in anyway she could to find another school.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Did Dawn state anything about wanting transgenders or is she just okay with the idea?

Personally, if there's enough trans folks out there who want to play, start your own trans league.

Latest posts