Will Rogers

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I like the kid and want him to succeed. I've tried to find any info on how he is doing in spring practice, but there's very little information about their practices. Anyone seen anything about how he is doing? Their spring game is Friday.

Jan 4, 2024
For Will to win big games, he needs an elite OL. During Leach's last two years there were vast differences in outcomes depending on whether we were playing an above avg-elite SEC defense vs a below avg one. When he had time he was awesome with accuracy, timing patterns, throwing darts into coverage and TD/INT ratio.

But I've never seen a QB so physically inept when the pocket collapses fast. No ability to extend plays when things break down. Like I said a few years back with a different username: *watching Will get sacked resembled a pack of lions pouncing on an injured baby wildabeast ".
Combine that with an acute case of fumbleitus and you've got something looking like a calf liver flopping to the ground instead of a football.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
For Will to win big games, he needs an elite OL. During Leach's last two years there were vast differences in outcomes depending on whether we were playing an above avg-elite SEC defense vs a below avg one. When he had time he was awesome with accuracy, timing patterns, throwing darts into coverage and TD/INT ratio.

But I've never seen a QB so physically inept when the pocket collapses fast. No ability to extend plays when things break down. Like I said a few years back with a different username: *watching Will get sacked resembled a pack of lions pouncing on an injured baby wildabeast ".
Combine that with an acute case of fumbleitus and you've got something looking like a calf liver flopping to the ground instead of a football.
If you watched any Wisconsin games, Locke was really good for a freshman. Locke or Parson would have been amongst the best air raid qbs Leach had.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I like the kid and want him to succeed. I've tried to find any info on how he is doing in spring practice, but there's very little information about their practices. Anyone seen anything about how he is doing? Their spring game is Friday.
I hope he succeeds- I don’t think anyone on here or associated with MSU wants him to fail.

That being said, I’d be surprised if he has a good season. If he starts more than half the year, it would be a huge success.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Three day old depth chart, shows him as #1.
View attachment 567030
I'm interested in how he does in the spring game. Hopefully he preforms well. He was put into a bad situation when Leach died, but did the best he could, kept a good attitude and never trashed anyone with the program, in spite of the students booing him during a few games and chanting, "we want Mike."

I hate it ended that way for him. If that idiot Arnett had just kept the staff together one more year...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He has a really good Head Coach who coaches like it's the NFL. He's in good hands.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I hope he succeeds- I don’t think anyone on here or associated with MSU wants him to fail.

That being said, I’d be surprised if he has a good season. If he starts more than half the year, it would be a huge success.
Here's a pretty good break down of UW's new offense:

Breaking Down Fisch & Carroll’s Offense

Without 3 NFL WRs, a strong-armed QB who was experienced in the offense, and one of the best pass protecting offensive lines in the country, emphasizing quick ball distribution might be necessary. The key will be to make sure that we can still punish defenses when they sell out on the run and screen games.
Presumptive starter Will Rogers isn’t known for his mobility, at least compared to Fisch and Carroll’s last two QBs (de Laura and Fifita), so I’d expect to see more 6 or 7-man protections with play action rather than the bootlegs. That being said, it appears that mobility and off-script play making is a key factor in this staff’s roster building strategy (incoming freshman QB Demond Williams is a true dual-threat athlete at QB), so the 2024 version of this offense might look different than what we’ve seen in Arizona and what we may see in 2025 and beyond. A dual-threat, or even just a mobile QB, can take a huge amount of pressure off the OL when channeled correctly within the structure of an offense, and many of Arizona’s biggest explosive plays this past season were off of play designs and off-script plays that featured Fifita buying himself time with his legs before launching the ball downfield.
While we may be shift away from a vertical, drop back-heavy, pass-first offense towards a more balanced run, screen, and RPO heavy offense, the change in style may prove to be a better fit for next year’s roster that features a rebuilding OL, a plethora of athletically gifted WRs, and a quick trigger QB at the helm.
Basically, UW fans need to realize Rogers is one-year band aid until they can the type of players Jed Fisch really wants.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
UW Twitter says that a QB Davis entered the portal 3 days ago, so they are down to 2 scholarship QBs at the moment, Rogers and the true freshman.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Here's a pretty good break down of UW's new offense:

Breaking Down Fisch & Carroll’s Offense

Basically, UW fans need to realize Rogers is one-year band aid until they can the type of players Jed Fisch really wants.
Yeah and he’s a band-aid at best. I’d be surprised if he’s the starter at the end of the season. Washington’s schedule is not a cakewalk this year.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022

You would be wrong in that assumption (not referring to myself)

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I hope that Will has a great year. I never understood the Will hate. I’m not saying he was the best qb but the personal hate I don’t get. He played to best of his ability. I was always proud of how he represented MSU. He was a good fit for Leach’s offense. He wasn’t a good fit for Barbay’s offense but who was.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I hope that Will has a great year. I never understood the Will hate. I’m not saying he was the best qb but the personal hate I don’t get. He played to best of his ability. I was always proud of how he represented MSU. He was a good fit for Leach’s offense. He wasn’t a good fit for Barbay’s offense but who was.

The haters just never seemed to understand that despite his limitations, he was always our best option at QB. Well, they understood when we put a backup in, but they forgot it quickly after.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
screw him thomas middleditch GIF by Team Coco

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
The haters just never seemed to understand that despite his limitations, he was always our best option at QB. Well, they understood when we put a backup in, but they forgot it quickly after.
The issue was never Will. The issue was for 4 years our recruiting was so inept we couldn’t put a more talented QB on the field.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Will wasnt the problem last year. He lead an average team to 9-4 the year before. The 180 degree change on offense was a bad plan. 6-6 last year would have been a tremendous success. But unfortunately, for State to get a fresh start, last season had to happen because we had a new AD and a very Weak administration!

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Makes you wonder what Houston saw to immediately beg him to be their OC.
Houston ain’t exactly the big time like SEC football is. But if he doesn’t produce a lot better than he did last fall, he’ll be looking for a job again in December.