Wonder what happened to Hilinski

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Northwestern played 3 QBs today and he wasn’t one of them. Very disappointed in how his career turned out. I was super stoked to get such a highly ranked quarterback all the way from California. Was hoping a change of scenery might jump start his career.

Reactions: CWW
Jan 24, 2022
Northwestern played 3 QBs today and he wasn’t one of them. Very disappointed in how his career turned out. I was super stoked to get such a highly ranked quarterback all the way from California. Was hoping a change of scenery might jump start his career.
Lost his starting spot last yr. As a Sr. It might take a mini for him to get on field

NYC_Gamecock

Joined Jun 16, 2007
Feb 5, 2022
The same things that is happening to Hilinski is the same that is happening to Doty. Both were highly ranked 4* blue chippers but their collegiate careers have been unexpectedly disappointing and coming to an end soon. I am surprised that Doty did not transfer to somewhere else where he can be a starting QB?

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
This happens to most "top flight" QBs. There are a top 30 Pro style and Dual Threat guys that the nation and fanbases are excited about EVERY year...but how many of those 120 turn out to be 3 year starters in their college careers......I'm not sure. It's gotta be less than 10 out of the 120 though right?
One thing that isn't in dispute: Hilinski had great arm talent, and Doty is a great athlete. I wish he would be a full time inside / slot / y receiver. If he's there - every secondary we ever play will have to be on alert for jets, slot passes, double reverse passes, etc. I feel like it MIGHT help our run game a little.

Reactions: Gamecock98!