Woodstock 54th Anniversary Today

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Interesting fact or rumor:
It is reported that The Beatles bowed out of the event after the request to have Yoko Ono perform with them was denied. In an interview, Ringo Starr doesn't mention anything about Ono but says, “I think afterward we regretted it, which you always do. There were plans, we were going to fly in with a helicopter, just going to land. Anyway, it never got together.”

NYC_Gamecock

Joined Jun 16, 2007
Feb 5, 2022
Since the state of rock n roll music is on life support in the USA today, there won't be any media coverage that today is the 54th Anniversary of Woodstock. Furthermore, the younger generation nowadays don't give a crap about Woodstock too.

Cluster Cock

Joined May 4, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 28, 2022
My wife and I made a road trip to upstate New York several years ago (we got there the day the Cocks came back and beat Missouri in OT at Missouri 2013?) We made 2 side trips, one to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame - beautiful little picture postcard town.
And the other to Woodstock, its now called Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.

The stage was down at the bottom of a natural amphitheater. At the top of the hill there is the performing arts center and a museum with Woodstock memorabilia - the psychedelic bus, etc. Richie Havens had passed away that year and as you walk in there was a glass case with the stool he sat on, the guitar he played, his rings, his shoes, his dashiki. Every time a performer passes away they honor them this way. There is a 360 degree theater there. You sit on bean bags and you are in the middle of half a million people watching the show. There were some people in front of us that were at Woodstock. They were working at a nearby camp for kids and would sneak out each night and watch the show.

Side note: A couple of years ago my daughter had a Woodstock party at her sorority (KD). She asked if I had anything she could wear.
I went to the closet and pulled out a Woodstock T-shirt that I had bought there, still in the bag. You know the red t-shirt with the dove on the headstock of the guitar.

Reactions: Bwellgolf
Jan 24, 2022
Interesting fact or rumor:
It is reported that The Beatles bowed out of the event after the request to have Yoko Ono perform with them was denied. In an interview, Ringo Starr doesn't mention anything about Ono but says, “I think afterward we regretted it, which you always do. There were plans, we were going to fly in with a helicopter, just going to land. Anyway, it never got together.”
Would they have been denied anything in 1969?

Latest posts