WOOOOAAAOOOOHHHH

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Thanks for letting us know, we will add you to the list.
The Office Ryan GIF

College baseball, BAD!

'Rasslin, GOOD. I think I've got it now.........

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Good news with the rasslin...the fans don't have to cook for the bad guys.
Sounds like a Russo-WCW 2000 stipulation.

"It'll be great bro, we can even use the tag line 'The Steaks Could Not Be Higher' cause it's a double-entondry, bro. It'll be money, bro. DDP will be in a chef's hat serving freakin' Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett a meal, bro, on one of those big serving plates. It will be hilarious, bro. We could put a spatula on a pole. We'll have Pastamania be the sponsor, bro, as a rib to Hogan, bro."

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

"It'll be great bro, we can even use the tag line 'The Steaks Could Not Be Higher' cause it's a double-entondry, bro. It'll be money, bro. DDP will be in a chef's hat serving freakin' Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett a meal, bro, on one of those big serving plates. It will be hilarious, bro. We could put a spatula on a pole. We'll have Pastamania be the sponsor, bro, as a rib to Hogan, bro."
Smells like money, bro

Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

It’s not enough bros to be Russo.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Sir, I was willing to leave your little rasslin thread alone. But then you disparaged Matlock, and now we got a problem.
What if I told you there was a Matlock episode where Andy Griffith and Dick Butkus teamed up to win a big case and the tag team world title? And what if I told you it was Telecast in Stereo, but not Dolby.

FD4TdOOXMAYRAL_.jpg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
My youngest is big time into wrestling at the moment, so I watched Wrestlemania with him, or a good bit of it. Choreographed, fake, whatever you want to call it, those dudes have incredible athletic ability. Some of the stunts they pull off are wild and dangerous as ****. It was, get this, entertaining.
We go to local shows. I'm talking indy stuff. When covid shut everything down, our local wrestlers were the jobbers for the AEW shows that continued on during that insanity. There is a whole other level of interaction that can happen at these shows. Heels can be rude. Of course, the ones who are trying to work on their stick skills, I like to mess with. Some are easy to break...much like throwing a thread off.

Reactions: aTotal360

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Don’t know if you’ve ever read the Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez but holy crap the stuff they were putting on TV those last couple of years. Like how on earth could any human being think some of that was a good idea. They went from making huge money from ‘96-‘98 to being sold to the WWF for pennies in early 2001. Cannot mismanage a company more than those goofs did.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Don’t know if you’ve ever read the Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez but holy crap the stuff they were putting on TV those last couple of years. Like how on earth could any human being think some of that was a good idea. They went from making huge money from ‘96-‘98 to being sold to the WWF for pennies in early 2001. Cannot mismanage a company more than those goofs did.
Have you seen The Dark Side of the Ring special about that Bash at Beach with Hogan using the content clause in his contract to get the belt? If you did a drinking game for every time Vince Russo says bro you would be dead 30 minutes in from alcohol poisoning.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My youngest is big time into wrestling at the moment, so I watched Wrestlemania with him, or a good bit of it. Choreographed, fake, whatever you want to call it, those dudes have incredible athletic ability. Some of the stunts they pull off are wild and dangerous as ****. It was, get this, entertaining.
I'm in the same boat. My 8 year old is ate up with it, so I feed it. I watched it as a kid and some into college. I stopped about the time Cena was a thing and got back into it about 2 years ago. We got to meet Bron Breaker recently. He and Cody both went to school not far from us. DDP occasionally comes to the local rasslin down the road from us. I think Bron is going to be Goldberg 2.0 very soon. His intensity and athleticism is absurd.

Reactions: Dawgg and AlCoDog

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We go to local shows. I'm talking indy stuff. When covid shut everything down, our local wrestlers were the jobbers for the AEW shows that continued on during that insanity. There is a whole other level of interaction that can happen at these shows. Heels can be rude. Of course, the ones who are trying to work on their stick skills, I like to mess with. Some are easy to break...much like throwing a thread off.
I love it. In celebration, here's a montage of Ric Flair saying "Shut up fat boy" to small k ids.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Since Brandi came out for Cody's entrance on Sunday night, I threw out a Brandi reference.

It's actually from the only AEW clip I've watched more than once, her confrontation with Jade Cargill. It is simultaneously the worst and best wrestling segment ever.

Ha. I don't really watch AEW. To me, it feels like a mix of WCW and ECW if you took out all the charisma. Seems like 75% of their roster are gringo luchadors. I've tried to give the bullet club guys a chance, but they don't stick with me. I want to like Kenny Omega, but I can't do it. Will Osprey seems cool, but again, something is missing. Now MJF...that's a different story. That dude is a badass. Love him.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Ha. I don't really watch AEW. To me, it feels like a mix of WCW and ECW if you took out all the charisma. Seems like 75% of their roster are gringo luchadors. I've tried to give the bullet club guys a chance, but they don't stick with me. I want to like Kenny Omega, but I can't do it. Will Osprey seems cool, but again, something is missing. Now MJF...that's a different story. That dude is a badass. Love him.
Same. I gave them a shot, but I don't get it (which based on their ratings trajectory, neither do a lot of other people). That Brandi and Jade clip just sticks out because that whole segment was an incredible trainwreck and that was Jade's debut.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Have you seen The Dark Side of the Ring special about that Bash at Beach with Hogan using the content clause in his contract to get the belt? If you did a drinking game for every time Vince Russo says bro you would be dead 30 minutes in from alcohol poisoning.
I haven’t seen that episode but I’m familiar with the story. Russo is a moron. Eric Bischoff wasn’t much better. The star power that company had all at once was nuts and they totally blew it.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
AEW’s biggest problem right now is that WWE has gotten its crap together. When AEW started in 2019, people were totally fed up with WWE and wanted an alternative. They filled that void for 2-3 years for many. But it shifted around 2022 when HHH took over WWE creative and coincidentally that was also when Cody came back and all the Punk stuff in AEW blew up and made them look terrible. I don’t think AEW has ever fully recovered from the “Brawl Out” stuff with Punk/Omega/The Young Bucks. Also doesn’t help that Tony Khan acts like a teenager half the time and was a total pushover behind the scenes for a while.

Reactions: Dawgg and aTotal360

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
AEW’s biggest problem right now is that WWE has gotten its crap together. When AEW started in 2019, people were totally fed up with WWE and wanted an alternative. They filled that void for 2-3 years for many. But it shifted around 2022 when HHH took over WWE creative and coincidentally that was also when Cody came back and all the Punk stuff in AEW blew up and made them look terrible. I don’t think AEW has ever fully recovered from the “Brawl Out” stuff with Punk/Omega/The Young Bucks. Also doesn’t help that Tony Khan acts like a teenager half the time and was a total pushover behind the scenes for a while.
WWE is a machine. They lost their way for a while but it looks like they've found their mojo. I haven't been keeping up with it - and I started watching AEW when they came out because it was fresh and more old-school. WWE really watered down their product back when Linda was running for office and they wanted to run away from the attitude era and it suffered for a few years. Glad to hear that it's getting more edgy and interesting again.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
A team of psychology doctors would be fascinated about the various conversations that take place on this board. They could make it their life’s work and not even scratch the surface of the SPS collective vision and wisdom that is expressed here. “Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy” couldn’t hold a candle to the collective wisdom shard here.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
WWE is a machine. They lost their way for a while but it looks like they've found their mojo. I haven't been keeping up with it - and I started watching AEW when they came out because it was fresh and more old-school. WWE really watered down their product back when Linda was running for office and they wanted to run away from the attitude era and it suffered for a few years. Glad to hear that it's getting more edgy and interesting again.
I mean it’s no big secret why WWE is in a better spot now, the billionaire creep that was in charge of it forever finally got forced to go away. They always had the potential and the talent to be better but were handcuffed by his stupid ideas.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Serious question. Is it ok to watch rasslin once you get past about the 8th grade? That’s about the time I lost interest in it.
This is still America and for the time being, you can do whatever the hell you want to as long as it doesn’t cause harm to others. If it’s OK to cut you d*ck off and play sports with ladies, watching rasslin’ past 8th grade ought to be fine. But you better go ahead and start learning as much Mandarin as you can.