Would you rather...

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,519
16,261
113
Get to the Sweet 16 or beat Bama in a regular season football game?

Assuming no other details are associated with this decision, which do you pick?
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,853
2,987
113
Get to the Sweet 16 or beat Bama in a regular season football game?

Assuming no other details are associated with this decision, which do you pick?

Beat bama because that would probably mean we are top 10 in football.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,324
12,301
113
Three games from a potential NC in a major sport? Now you have my attention. Probably the E8.
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,126
10,667
113
Beat Bama with Saban..

March Madness is so far removed from my consciousness that I barely know who's in it and who's not.
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,583
9,678
113
If it’s elite eight with the potential for a championship, I’d take it. If it’s a guaranteed elite eight without a final four, give me a win over Bama all day
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Beat Bama.

Honestly, with where college basketball is with me in general right now, I’d probably take a win over any SEC West team in football over a Sweet 16. Would take a Final 4 run to probably get me to change course.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,177
5,721
113
I'd rather have a program that belongs in the sweet 16 than a win against bama. But getting into the tournament as say a 12 seed and making the sweet 16 at the top of a peak in basketball doesn't do much for the program long term. It's great to be in the sweet sixteen and it'd be fun, but doesn't move the needle much long term and I'd rather have a win against Bama (which means we're almost certainly a top ten team but at least a top 15) than that.

Elite 8, I'd probably take over a Bama win. Final 4 is a no brainer ot take over a bama win.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,953
2,348
113
It won't be a choice in 21-22. We'll have it all. Victory over Bama (with Saban) and a trip to the Final Four. BOOK IT!
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Pretty sure there hasn't been 16 teams combined that have beaten Saban since after his first season there. That's in over a decades worth of football. The answer is beat Saban's Bama in football. Elite 8 or better I'm going basketball.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Pretty sure there hasn't been 16 teams combined that have beaten Saban since after his first season there. That's in over a decades worth of football. The answer is beat Saban's Bama in football. Elite 8 or better I'm going basketball.

Pretty sure he’s lost to Florida, Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Auburn, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Utah over that period. 10 teams. I’m not a Bama fan, and I didn’t even have to google that. That alone should tell you how astonishing his accomplishments are at Bama.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
If it doesn’t mean a successful football season, 8 and 4 or better (7 and 5 is successful but not if you beat bama and only win 7), I’d take sweet 16.

Now I’d much rather us be good in football than basketball but I’d prefer both.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
I’m going Sweet 16 with a shot still at a Elite 8 and Final 4.
We could lose to Bama and STILL be in the Nat’l Title picture if we went 11-1. And who knows, in my scenario we lose to Bama and they lose 2 while we go 11-1 and play in Atlanta for the SEC
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina