Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.Since we are on this tribalism surprised no one mention Cardona said he made more on indies than his current wwe salary.
He prob also made money off merch in indies too?Yeah but there’s a caveat. Cardona built his brand in WWE and largely got that indie following by shock value, being the anti-Ryder. Very few people will make WWE money outside of WWE. That’s why alternatives like AEW, MLW, NWA, GCW, TNA etc are good for the industry. You don’t even have to like those brands — simply not actively rooting for their demise is a positive IMO. I don’t like GCW, but I’m not out here running the anti-GCW flag either. I want as much wrestling as possible out there for people to enjoy and for more wrestlers to get paid.
Oh for sure. Wouldn’t you agree he was getting a lot of buzz for the idea that “Zack Ryder is cussing and having deathmatches now!!?? WTF?” That was where his buzz was coming from. It wasn’t like he was some indie darling who got himself over organically. And btw that’s a credit to WWE. They build massive and enduring brands.He prob also made money off merch in indies too?
KSR Football
Instant Takeaways: Will Stein coached for the win to snap Kentucky's losing streak to South Carolina
KSR Football
See How Kentucky Celebrated the Victory at Williams-Brice Stadium
KSR Football
How Kentucky "Put the Icing on the Cake" with Historic 2-Point Conversion
KSR Football
Injury Report: Kentucky has some healing to do before LSU comes to town
KSR Football
Lance Heard had a BOGO special on pancakes in Columbia