Xzavier McLeod gone

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
I got blasted on this forum for not having all the details of an altercation with a teacher when he was still in high school that I was told about.

Seems like trouble may have followed him.

Reactions: doubledawg55

Celtic Riot

Nov 28, 2022
Ok I need you folks to do some investigating and get back to me on WTF just happened.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I got blasted on this forum for not having all the details of an altercation with a teacher when he was still in high school that I was told about.

Heard the same back then. Figured it was a similar situation.

Reactions: CockyGirl

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I remember not hearing anything about this during recruiting.

How big of a hit is this?

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
From Herman McLeod....Xzavier's dad. Says he came here to win and don't like losing, but also wanted to RS. We told him he couldn't RS bc we needed him, refused to travel to Mizzu, booted. Sounds like there's no sour grapes from the post. Kind of wild that a situation like that plays out and ends with "he's OK, gamecocks for life". Not sure I believe that's the whole story though. I'm sure there's more to it. Sounds janky to me.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

I'm seeing a variation of the account in post #10, to the effect that he refused to travel to Missouri if he wasn't named a starter. In any case, you can't have that, but it's an example of the types of cancer that can hit a program when it's losing.

Reactions: Lurker123

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Our DL is certainly not wearing out the opposing OL. If he can't break into the lineup, what does that say about his 4-star skills?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
From Herman McLeod....Xzavier's dad. Says he came here to win and don't like losing, but also wanted to RS. We told him he couldn't RS bc we needed him, refused to travel to Mizzu, booted. Sounds like there's no sour grapes from the post. Kind of wild that a situation like that plays out and ends with "he's OK, gamecocks for life". Not sure I believe that's the whole story though. I'm sure there's more to it. Sounds janky to me.

Never heard of a kid getting disgruntled bc he wanted to redshirt and not play. Usually they get disgruntled bc they can’t play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gradstudent

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
Step Brothers Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: Gradstudent

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I heard the RS or start issue as well. It's understandable for the kid to feel that way if he is only going to get 2-3 snaps a game. I think the starting request is a bit much, but why waste the kid's year if you are going to hardly use him? This seems like this could have been worked out as both sides have a point.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
I heard the RS or start issue as well. It's understandable for the kid to feel that way if he is only going to get 2-3 snaps a game. I think the starting request is a bit much, but why waste the kid's year if you are going to hardly use him? This seems like this could have been worked out as both sides have a point.
Probably could have if this was the only issue. Sounds like there were other things going on.

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022

Probably Gifted, Lazy, Entitled. UGH, so in essence no big adds to the D-Line from last year. None. the tall guy from Maryland is playing but he is an edge guy, not a Run stuffer. WE NEED RUN STUFFERS. Three 350 lb. guys that clog it up.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
This just sounds weird. And not something worth quitting the team over.

I will assume there is more to the story.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
It hurts because it's a position of need on the roster which is woefully short of SEC caliber personnel and so far we are also woefully short on numbers for next years class.. I'm a long time supporter but there's no way to spin this one except it's bad.

Reactions: Mountain guy

Kappa Koch1

Feb 6, 2022
With no depth, we need players like him to give the others a break. You can't play every down and be effective. We aren't in a position to red shirt everyone. It sounds like he wasn't good enough to start, but serviceable enough to play 10 to 12 snaps a game.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Heard nobody in locker room is upset with this move.

I always take that kind of talk with a grain of salt. The guy quit on the team, I doubt people will be complimentary.

It's lime when someone dies. Even if he was jerk, people still struggle to just say nice things about hum.

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
Sounds like he ‘may have‘ wanted to redshirt to save the extra year for another school.

Reactions: Nm7710