[23-24] Timberwolves - 118 @ [11-38] Suns - 91
- During Tuesday night's obliteration of the Phoenix Suns courtesy of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Devin Booker and Gorgui Dieng got into a bit of a scuffle in the middle of the third quarter with Phoenix down 20. Things quickly escalated and then took a weird turn.
Dieng and Booker are planning to resolve things in the back ???pic.twitter.com/vjRljiniqX— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) January 23, 2019
Devin Booker wants all the smoke with Gorgui Dieng ? pic.twitter.com/ihNcsL1pdv— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) January 23, 2019
- It will never not be funny to watch giant grown men desperately try to escape the clutches of another man who just wants to go home and spend time with his wife. After the game, Dieng said he was only trying to exchange jerseys with Booker. Dieng must have really wanted that jersey, too, because his run to the locker room was the hardest I've seen him work all season.
- The Suns lost - again - and both players were promptly ejected following the scuffle. Booker managed 14 points in 24 minutes before being tossed. For Minnesota, Karl-Anthony Towns led both his team and the BBNBA in scoring with 25 points on 10-15 shooting in addition to 18 rebounds and seven assists. It was Towns' 30th double-double of the season as the Wolves won handily.
- The Sacramento Kings rested three of their starters against the Toronto Raptors (who were also resting Kawhi Leonard) as De'Aaron Fox, Nemanja Bjelica, and Iman Shumpert all sat out the Kings' second game of a back-to-back. Sacramento would lose on the road, 120-105, as Willie Cauley-Stein added 10 points and six rebounds. Fox was listed out with a sore right toe, but his absence was due more to the coaching staff wanting to keep him in shape as they take on the second half of the schedule.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander contributed eight points on 4-14 shooting for the Los Angeles Clippers in a 98-106 loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
- Check out the full stat sheet below.
STATISTICS[table id=266 /]
TONIGHT IN THE NBA7:00: Raptors @ Pacers 7:30: Cavaliers @ Celtics 7:30: Magic (Briscoe) @ Nets 7:30: Clippers (Gilgeous-Alexander) @ Heat (Adebayo) 7:30: Rockets (Knight-out) @ Knicks (Kanter, Knox) 8:00 (ESPN): Spurs @ 76ers 8:00: Hawks (Poythress) @ Bulls 8:00: Hornets (Kidd-Gilchrist, Monk) @ Grizzlies 8:00: Pistons @ Pelicans (Davis-out, Miller, Randle) 10:30 (ESPN): Nuggets (Lyles, Murray, Vanderbilt) @ Jazz
Follow me on Twitter: @ZackGeoghegan