- Kentucky shot 46 percent and lost. Huh?
- Auburn missed their first 9 threes, yet still finished 30 percent behind the line.
- Kentucky had 14 turnovers. In the four-game losing streak they average 13.3 a game.
- Since the UofL game, UK's assist-to-turnover ratio has only been positive twice (UGA, A&M).
- Auburn scored 11 more points at the free throw line.
- UK only led for 6 minutes, but it felt like so much loner.
What the Loss MeansKentucky is now 6-7 in SEC play. According to Corey Price, March 4th, 1989 was the last time Kentucky had a losing record in SEC play this late into the season. That year the finished the season 8-10 in SEC play. The worst SEC record UK has ever had and still made the NCAA Tournament was 10-8 in 1987. If the SEC Tournament started today, Kentucky would be the 8-seed and play Texas A&M on Thursday; the winner would advance to play Auburn. Cal's Cats have never played on Thursday at the SEC Tournament.
Winter Olympics UpdateIf you were like me and couldn't sleep, at least you were awarded with a gold medal performance by USA's Mikaela Shiffrin in the giant slalom. She absolutely crushed it, and has a change for another goal tonight in the slalom. It was great, but it wasn't the best part of NBC's primetime alpine skiing coverage. If you thought Tara Lapinski and Johnny Weir were ruthless, Bode Miller blamed this woman's skiing ineptitude on her husband.
Please tell me someone else caught Bode Miller with the greatest color commentary of any Olympiad ever: pic.twitter.com/l3MtYxUilV— Mike Honcho (@doubleshift8) February 15, 2018
College Basketball on TV
|7:00||#6 Purdue at Wisconsin||ESPN|
|7:00||Temple at #19 Wichita State||ESPN2|
|7:00||#5 Cincinnati at Houston||CBSSN|
|7:00||Tulsa at Uconn||ESPNU|
|8:00||#8 Ohio State at Penn State||BTN|
|9:00||#17 Arizona at #25 Arizona State||ESPN|
|9:00||Oregon at USC||ESPN2|