Recent content by HeCannotGo

  1. H

    Dylan Stewart's season may be over with USC

    In this era of "opt outs" and "business decisions," I kinda like his refusal to sub out.
  2. H

    Mizzou

    We're saving the B2 for Bama.
  3. H

    Has your opinion of Lebby changed

    My rating of Lebby has improved from "has potential" to "the right guy for our program." As maddening as the Texas, Tennessee, and Florida losses last year were, we were at a big talent disadvantage in all of them. Lebby coached them up just enough to allow his late-game decisions to become...
  4. H

    OT: Headed to London for the first time with my wife...

    At the Tower of London, get there when it opens and go straight to the crown jewels. Then come back and see the rest of it. This gives you the chance to see the crown jewels with less of a crowd. St Paul's Cathedral is great; climb the dome as others have suggested. I'm not a fan of guided...
  5. H

    PKL Row of Starkville

    I know some of the ownership group. They're very good folks. I wish them the best with this venture.
  6. H

    Small-World Story

    You're clearly a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for reading!
  7. H

    Small-World Story

    Almost, but I figured they were missionaries, so I went directly to deeper theological issues: is Pluto a planet? They affirmed it as such. We recited the Pluton Creed and broke bread (pita) together. Imagine my relief at finding out I wasn't worshipping with a bunch of anti-Plutites.
  8. H

    Small-World Story

    You win a free copy of Americans Abroad with this post. Shoot me a pm and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
  9. H

    Small-World Story

    Maybe the word got out that it's a great place to eat your way across two continents. And walking up and down the hills here will get you in shape with a quickness, so you're always ready for the next kebob.
  10. H

    Small-World Story

    There is no argument. Pluto is a planet because I learned as such circa 1980.
  11. H

    Small-World Story

    My wife and I are in Istanbul. There's a Christian church here that meets in a beautiful old chapel that's attached to the Dutch consulate, so we went one Sunday. As we entered, we met a young man from Madison who's parents just moved to Starkville. Thought it was pretty cool, in a city of 20...
  12. H

    Bulldog Club Numbers down significantly?

    They changed the point system in 2024. I'm pretty sure they culled the membership at the time of that change. I think it's been about 7600 members since then.
  13. H

    Looking for your next book?

    No pictures. The comic book version is still in beta testing. The first two books are available in an ok-ish audio version. It's AI-generated and good enough to follow the plot but not something I'm particularly proud of.
  14. H

    Looking for your next book?

    Graduated from State in 1993 and moved to Atlanta for law school at Emory; ended up staying in Atlanta for about 30 years practicing law, raising kids, etc. Moved to Starkville full time about 2 years ago. Haven't ever lived in Raleigh.
  15. H

    Looking for your next book?

    On the bright side, the toddler will be able to read the books aloud to you in a few years, so you've got that going for you.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College football insider: Florida State's critical stretch, USC buyout math & more
  2. 02 On3 Football The Big Ten's weak early scheduling is main reason college football ratings are down
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 5 updates at Florida, Louisville, Ohio State & more
  4. 04 On3 Football Urban Meyer calls USC an 'injured animal' with Lincoln Riley's future in question
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Florida set to host No. 1 wide receiver again as final decision nears