Recent content by JoeWildcat

  1. J

    Irish Open

    If someone won that dominantly in another sport they would have to take a drug test. Lowry was just incredible.
  2. J

    Prediction Thread: SDSU @ NU

    Biggest thing in NU's favor is that SDSU won't be used to playing in front of such a small crowd. I have concerns. NU 27 SDSU 21
  3. J

    Madison Taylor - 1st Overall Pick in WLL Draft

    I was being facetious. I suspect the annual pay is in the tens of thousands at best. Lacrosse is played for love of the game, not money.
  4. J

    Madison Taylor - 1st Overall Pick in WLL Draft

    Signed a Five-year $50 million contract. WLL is gonna be big.
  5. J

    NU Baseball

    Who would have expected the baseball team to have the same conference record as softball at this point in the season. Baseball is really developing well.
  6. J

    When are the “normal” seats going on sale at the NRF?

    My agent told me May, but maybe I misunderstood him.
  7. J

    NU vs. NU

    Great weekend for NU golfers. Take 1 and 2 at Valspar. Feel sorry for Lipsky because a first would have put him in the Masters and several other tournaments.
  8. J

    Nick Martinelli

    What is amazing is that those numbers are not much different from his season numbers. The guy has been so consistently good. Won’t happen, but IMO he should be the conference player of the year.
  9. J

    Page OUT again

    Just don’t let him in team huddles, but encourage him shake hands with every opponent and play close defense.
  10. J

    No taxes on NIL earnings

    What a stupid public policy. I would hate to face someone in Arkansas working two jobs at $15 an hour and tell them that they have to pay State income tax, but the QB getting a million dollars doesn't have to pay a cent. Real smart. But those seem to be the priorities nowadays.
  11. J

    Half of Big Ten Athletic Departments lost millions in 2024; Indiana, OSU both lost $37M. Rutgers $70M. UCLA $83M!

    Many years ago I was involved with the NCAA, and so I paid a lot of attention to these types of numbers. Rutgers ran the largest deficits in the country year after year (around $20 million); way worse than the next school. Their President said it was unsustainable and they were going to correct...
  12. J

    Big Ten is 6-0 in bowls

    Should be 7-0 if USC knew how to tackle, and if they didn't use the stupid three man rush so much.
  13. J

    NU v CMU @ Game Above Sports Bowl Prediction Thread

    I am a big Jeff Daniel’s fan, but I don’t think even a “Gettysburg speech” to the CMU Second Regiment will be enough. If the Cats have their running backs healthy again I think it will be NU 27 CMU 17
  14. J

    NU wins in Champaign! 🏐

    Exactly. I think they had a sequence of three straight five set losses against good conference teams. Flip two or three of those and they are probably in the NCAA tourney. Coach has done a great job so far.
  15. J

    'Cats are plus 6.5 at Illinois

    They were saving their energy for their big rivalry game with the Cats.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  2. 02 On3 Football Inside college football’s looming contract fight: Why player buyouts are about to take center stage
  3. 03 On3 Football College football's Best and Worst of September: Teams, players, coaches, games, moments & more
  4. 04 On3 Football Robert Griffin III: Dylan Stewart 'tanking his draft stock' with 'uncoachable' behavior vs. Alabama
  5. 05 On3 Football Nick Saban recalls taking secret interview for New York Giants job while at Michigan State