I like the shot clock as well. One of the things that I've noticed this year is that 10 second calls in the back court were called more or at least it seemed that way. Hand counts are inconsistent and I think that some officials had long 10 second counts. With the shot clock you know exactly...
A good coach will stay up and watch film on Thursday night into Friday morning and get the plan put together. Get it installed on Friday at practice. There were a lot of teams that played their district final on Saturday and I'm sure all of the coaches got their game plan done and installed on...
You can do that on Thursday night after the sub final. Put the game plan in on Friday and then go play the game on Saturday. Pretty much the same thing you do all season long.
Teams are used to playing every 2 or 3 days during the regular season. Playing on Thursday and then playing another game on Saturday isn't that big of a deal.
It's doable, but I'm sure they don't want to split their fan base. Should have thought about this when they scheduled the game for Tuesday instead of Saturday or yesterday.
I disagree with consolidation being a bad thing. Small towns are usually dying before the school closes which is the reason enrollment numbers for schools in those small towns keep decreasing.
I for one do not want the state to come in and take away local control. Allow the communities to make the decision if they should or shouldn't consolidate.