“Kentucky's Will Levis: Backup QB and unnoticed transfer to top NFL draft prospect”

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
And he certainly isn’t looking like a top 10 draft pick this year….they’ve struggled in every game so far and three of those games were against 2 G5 opponents and an FCS opponent. They’re even trying to pad his stats and he’s not setting the college football world on fire.
Did you watch Josh Allen at all during his senior at Wyoming? He was pitiful

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
If he's behind a sieve OL now, what happens if you draft him in the top 10? How many of those teams usually have good OLs?

One thing about his playing late, UK probably is going to the portal again anyhow, so they probably aren't concerned with getting the #2 snaps.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
The counter to that is did the PSU staff tailor its offense and play calls to Will's abilities? And that's a fair question to ask seeing him play well in another system. If there's one recurring question with QB play, it's this staff's ability to modify the system and calls to the talent on hand.
Well so far against Ole Miss Levis has thrown a veritable assortment of passes at or behind the LOS.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
And he’s played two G5 teams and an FCS team…not exactly murderer’s row. And he’s stayed in the entire game for all of these and throwing TD passes from the one yard line when up by three TD’s. If he was our QB, he’d be getting killed on this board for doing what he’s doing (and he would have gotten killed last year as well).

Not really sure why you have to try to paint his performance in such an unreasonably negative light. The "1 yard TD" came in a drive that started with 12:18 left in the 4th quarter with his team up 30-13. Why shouldn't he be in there then? He was 5-for-5 for 68 yards on that drive, with a PI call, to put the game away. He's had a poor OL and a poor running game in support. And I don't really care what "the board" would be saying. Why would that matter?

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Not really sure why you have to try to paint his performance in such an unreasonably negative light. The "1 yard TD" came in a drive that started with 12:18 left in the 4th quarter with his team up 30-13. Why shouldn't he be in there then? He was 5-for-5 for 68 yards on that drive, with a PI call, to put the game away. He's had a poor OL and a poor running game in support. And I don't really care what "the board" would be saying. Why would that matter?
Put the game away yet stayed in. And I would just like to see some consistency in judging players that play for us and those that don’t.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Put the game away yet stayed in. And I would just like to see some consistency in judging players that play for us and those that don’t.

They didn't come back out on offense again after that TD, except for a 1 play victory formation snap, so maybe relax and verify your facts.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
They didn't come back out on offense again after that TD, except for a 1 play victory formation snap, so maybe relax and verify your facts.
How about 31-0 against an FCS team yet staying in the whole game? And 30-13 against a G5 team isn’t in the bag? And they can’t run it in from the one yard line against a G5 team? You and I both know why they were passing from the one. And where were my facts wrong? He played the entire game.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Levis with a critical fumble late in the 4th, recovered by ole miss.

F*ck us.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
That's because Kentucky, instead of using his arm, tried to use him as a battering ram... 😬 ;)

Horrible time for him to dive. I think he had the yardage. Just lean forward and get low. Defender lifted him up off the hit and 2nd defender punched the ball out.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Well so far against Ole Miss Levis has thrown a veritable assortment of passes at or behind the LOS.
But he’ll still be a high NFL draft pick. Perfection isn’t the standard by which he’ll be judged. His game leave A LOT to be desired, but NFL scouts will fall in love with his measurables.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
How about 31-0 against an FCS team yet staying in the whole game? And 30-13 against a G5 team isn’t in the bag? And they can’t run it in from the one yard line against a G5 team? You and I both know why they were passing from the one. And where were my facts wrong? He played the entire game.
31-0 playing the whole game isn't great, for sure ... what's their backup QB situation? Are they a mess there? 30-13 against anyone early in the 4Q isn't "in the bag" - I wouldn't expect a starting QB to come out of that game. Why would it matter if they ran or passed? They were passing with success. Stop acting crazy. Your facts were wrong in that you claimed he "stayed in." They didn't run another real offensive snap.

Whatever bug is up your butt about this guy .. let it go, Elsa.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
31-0 playing the whole game isn't great, for sure ... what's their backup QB situation? Are they a mess there? 30-13 against anyone early in the 4Q isn't "in the bag" - I wouldn't expect a starting QB to come out of that game. Why would it matter if they ran or passed? They were passing with success. Stop acting crazy. Your facts were wrong in that you claimed he "stayed in." They didn't run another real offensive snap.

Whatever bug is up your butt about this guy .. let it go, Elsa.
My bug is that there’s no consistency in the criticism of Levis vs Clifford because Levis plays for someone else. Just be consistent (not directed at you specifically, but many posters on here).

Latest posts