1982 PSU-Pitt

Mcidas

Nov 5, 2021
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.

Blackledge overthrew everyone. Lots of fumbles by Penn State too.

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.

Reactions: ODShowtime

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.
Was seriously concerned for my health - got pinned between the goalposts and the entrance to the tunnel.

Reactions: DELion

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱
If you go by CPI, your $40 in 1982 would be about $122 today.

Let her know she's kicking your a$$ and she might feel better about it :)

Reactions: razpsu and s1uggo72