1982 PSU-Pitt

Mcidas

Freshman
Nov 5, 2021
24
52
13
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,491
37,664
113
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.

Blackledge overthrew everyone. Lots of fumbles by Penn State too.
 

DELion

Senior
May 23, 2020
349
723
93
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ODShowtime

PSU Mike

All-American
Jul 28, 2001
4,691
8,244
113
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.
Was seriously concerned for my health - got pinned between the goalposts and the entrance to the tunnel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DELion

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,562
14,854
113
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱
 

PSU87

All-Conference
Jun 8, 2001
2,083
4,427
113
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱
If you go by CPI, your $40 in 1982 would be about $122 today.

Let her know she's kicking your a$$ and she might feel better about it :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: razpsu and s1uggo72
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
  3. 03 BWI Football Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
  4. 04 BWI Football Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?