1982 PSU-Pitt

Mcidas

Freshman
Nov 5, 2021
24
52
13
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.
 

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,476
37,657
113
I too was at this game. It was cold and windy.
If I remember correctly, this was Foge Fazio's first year as Pitt's head coach.
Also remember he made some bone-heading coaching decisions in the 4Q.

Additionally, good thing PSU had a good ground game b/c Todd looked a little shaky.

Blackledge overthrew everyone. Lots of fumbles by Penn State too.
 

DELion

Senior
May 23, 2020
349
723
93
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ODShowtime

PSU Mike

All-American
Jul 28, 2001
4,691
8,244
113
I was there, one of the students that stormed the field after the game. Will never forget looking over to see a kid whip out a hacksaw and start sawing away feverishly at the fallen south end zone goal post in an unsuccessful attempt to snag a souvenir. One of my friends lost his eyeglasses in the melee - no doubt they were ground into the Beaver Stadium turf by the crowd.
Was seriously concerned for my health - got pinned between the goalposts and the entrance to the tunnel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DELion

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,553
14,847
113
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱
 

PSU87

All-Conference
Jun 8, 2001
2,082
4,427
113
I sold cokes. Sophomore in high school. Great money. Made 2 bucks per rack. Made a whole 40 bucks. Always stopped selling somewhere in the third. I could take two racks at a time. I ruled! At least I thought so.
My daughter made 240 last week serving one day and she was pissed. 😱
If you go by CPI, your $40 in 1982 would be about $122 today.

Let her know she's kicking your a$$ and she might feel better about it :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: razpsu and s1uggo72
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State faces its first loss. Now comes the response.
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State drops just outside the AP Top 25 following loss to Wisconsin
  3. 03 BWI Football Where is Penn State now ranked after Week 4 in the Coaches Poll?
  4. 04 BWI Football How did Penn State's players perform vs. Wisconsin (besides the obvious)? PFF Snap Counts & Grades
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: How bad is it for the Lions? We break down the worry meter here