2021-2022 Premier League Thread

Thus Spake Mainer

Oct 13, 2021
1-1 great match. Now if Levy only opens the purse strings for Dybala. Sorry TheGLOV, may have cost your team the EPL, but you have three more they can win.
GLOV? As Clemenza said in the The Godfather, "We won't be seeing him no more"

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Leicester City 0-1 Everton at 6’, on a glorious volley from just outside the box. Scintillating, a thing of beauty.

Reactions: BobPSU92

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I am seeing very strong talking-head vibes that Liverpool has blown their chance in EPL. I had been hoping for a Liverpool-MC Champions League final, and now it seems likely we won’t see any final-matchday dogfights for the EPL championship.

• Sad

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The aftershow put up some video of Everton fans celebrating. Awesome sight.

Also, Son has 20 goals with zero PK goals. That’s damn impressive.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I am seeing very strong talking-head vibes that Liverpool has blown their chance in EPL. I had been hoping for a Liverpool-MC Champions League final, and now it seems likely we won’t see any final-matchday dogfights for the EPL championship.

Liverpool are turrible.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
And Klopp appears to be a whiny little b***h post game complaining about Spurs tactics. 😂😂😂😂😂 Spurs have not lost to either MC or Liverpool this year!

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
And Klopp appears to be a whiny little b***h post game complaining about Spurs tactics. 😂😂😂😂😂 Spurs have not lost to either MC or Liverpool this year!

I’m not happy about Spurs tactics either. They had no business trying against Liverpool. It’s as though Spurs wanted to win. What’s with that? Liverpool had a lot at stake.

😁

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
So much talk from pundits that Conte doesn't actually want Spurs to qualify for the CL? He wants to build in the off-season and challenge for the Premier League next year. I just can't imagine it's true. They're saying how he lines up against Arsenal will tell if he's really going for it or not. How can he not? I'm not buying it.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
So much talk from pundits that Conte doesn't actually want Spurs to qualify for the CL? He wants to build in the off-season and challenge for the Premier League next year. I just can't imagine it's true. They're saying how he lines up against Arsenal will tell if he's really going for it or not. How can he not? I'm not buying it.
You’re hearing that? Wow, that’s a hot steaming load of BS.

DavidEckert

Sep 20, 2021
Yeah, that's a load of crap. You still have to play the Europa League games if you don't make the CL, so it just doesn't make sense. Doesn't do much for you from a rest standpoint.

Reactions: LionJim

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
SiriusXM FC. The morning shows including Grumpy Pundits were talking of this speculation and what they were hearing. I was quite surprised, I can't imagine it holds any water. I have no idea the actual windfall that a CL qualification presents, but it has to be huge.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
SiriusXM FC. The morning shows including Grumpy Pundits were talking of this speculation and what they were hearing. I was quite surprised, I can't imagine it holds any water. I have no idea the actual windfall that a CL qualification presents, but it has to be huge.
For Tottenham:
Making a whopping £90million last year following their run to the final, Spurs made £61m this time around after only advancing to the first round of the knockout phase.

It means a big decrease of £29m in earnings from the 2018/19 season in the Champions League.

Reactions: Alphabets

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@RyanSnyder -- I was expecting your Everton team to get a W against Watford today. Alas, it ended in a draw.

Still, Everton fans can breath a little bit easier concerning relegation. At this point, Norwich City and Watford (21 & 23 points, respectively) are definitely headed for relegation. That leaves Everton (36 points), Burnley (34 points), and Leeds United (34 points) battling to stay out of the 3rd relegation spot. Everton and Burnley have played 35 games, while Leeds United has played 36 games.

Everton has games remaining with Brentford, Crystal Palace, and Arsenal

Burnley has games remaining with Tottenham, Aston Villa, and Newcastle

Leeds United has games remaining with Brighton and Brentford.

Everton appears to have the toughest remaining schedule. Burnley has 1 tough match, and then matches against Aston Villa & Newcastle (each currently has 43 points). Leeds United has a tough match with Brighton, then a match with Brentford (also with 43 points).

Should be an interesting race to avoid that 3rd relegation spot.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
@RyanSnyder -- I was expecting your Everton team to get a W against Watford today. Alas, it ended in a draw.

Still, Everton fans can breath a little bit easier concerning relegation. At this point, Norwich City and Watford (21 & 23 points, respectively) are definitely headed for relegation. That leaves Everton (36 points), Burnley (34 points), and Leeds United (34 points) battling to stay out of the 3rd relegation spot. Everton and Burnley have played 35 games, while Leeds United has played 36 games.

Everton has games remaining with Brentford, Crystal Palace, and Arsenal

Burnley has games remaining with Tottenham, Aston Villa, and Newcastle

Leeds United has games remaining with Brighton and Brentford.

Everton appears to have the toughest remaining schedule. Burnley has 1 tough match, and then matches against Aston Villa & Newcastle (each currently has 43 points). Leeds United has a tough match with Brighton, then a match with Brentford (also with 43 points).

Should be an interesting race to avoid that 3rd relegation spot.

As was I. Watford came out so flat today. They really should've gotten a goal late in the first half. Watford were playing so lazy. It's been a major problem with this team all year, hence why they are where they are. If RIcharlison doesn't produce a goal, they have no one else who can. Ever since Calvert-Lewin got hurt, he just hasn't been the same. He seems to have checked out.

No matter what happens, I expect RIcharlison to move on, which I understand. He's fought hard for this club down the stretch. We'll be sad to see him go, but no Evertonian can say he didn't give it his all to keep them up.

Even if they stay up though, they have major, major problems. Now, they have FFP issues, too, so they can't keep (trying) to buy their way out of this.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Kane on a pk Spurs 1-0

DavidEckert

Sep 20, 2021
I wonder how the Arsenal board is feeling about that extension they gave Arteta a week ago right about now

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Too bad they don't give 4 points for a win. Arsenal still leads by 1 pt for 4th place with Newcastle and Everton remaining.

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
Well, that sucked.

Had to be a real letdown for the casual watcher as it was over after a half hour.

All to play for still, can't ask for much more than that after the result tonight. Going to need to earn it.

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
I wonder how the Arsenal board is feeling about that extension they gave Arteta a week ago right about now
? An away derby with the youngest team in the league coming up short after a 30' red card? You're right, what a bunch of schmucks. The board should rescind immediately.

🙄

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This weekend's TV schedule:

Sunday
7:00 am EDT -- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley (USA Network)
9:00 am EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Crystal Palace (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- Leeds United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- Watford vs. Leicester City (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- West Ham vs. Man C (USA Network)
9:00 am EDT -- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Norwich City (Peacock)
11:30 am EDT -- Everton vs. Brentford (USA Network)

Reactions: Alphabets