2021-22 Sixers Thread

PSU Chicago

Oct 9, 2021
Maxey is going from a throw in to any Ben deal to a clear keeper player for the 76ers. Really like his game.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Maxey is going from a throw in to any Ben deal to a clear keeper player for the 76ers. Really like his game.
I only caught the fourth quarter but, yeah, he played fearlessly. He made a great drive on GA late in the game, great effort on both their parts, great block. He has special quickness. I'll need to pay more attention to him, get a better understanding of his game.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
damn, Sixers rallied late to take a 109-107 lead. And from that point on, they allowed an 8-0 Raptors run, and as such lost 109-115.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
What a $hitty end to the game. Up 2…clear block by Drummond with Tobias taking possession and they call a foul. It was overturned but resulted in a jump ball where the raptors won the tip…hit a 3…followed by a horrible possession by the Sixers and another 3 by the Raptors.

So my question is…WHY THE EFF can’t the officials see the Sixers had clear possession and get the ball after the horrible foul call and take it side out?? That changed this game. Instead of having the ball up 2 with the ball with 1 minute left they lost the ball and we’re down 1. Unreal…

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
NO WAY! Sixers trade Maxey..dude is going to be a STAR in short order! He should have taken the drive late in the 4th last night instead of Harris. Maxeys is playing so well and so efficient for such a young player, I wouldn't involve him in any trade and that includes Lillard/Beal

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
What a $hitty end to the game. Up 2…clear block by Drummond with Tobias taking possession and they call a foul. It was overturned but resulted in a jump ball where the raptors won the tip…hit a 3…followed by a horrible possession by the Sixers and another 3 by the Raptors.

So my question is…WHY THE EFF can’t the officials see the Sixers had clear possession and get the ball after the horrible foul call and take it side out?? That changed this game. Instead of having the ball up 2 with the ball with 1 minute left they lost the ball and we’re down 1. Unreal…
My thoughts exactly, NBA needs to change this rule and apply like football where if clear possession results let the play stand and no neutral jump ball.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Was hoping to rinse the taste of PSU’s loss out of my mouth with a Sixers win. So far not looking good. Sixers getting smoked by 15 as Justin Holiday is 5-5 and 3-3 from the 3 point line. Even TJ McConnell is talking **** tonight!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This is the song that never ends.
It just goes on and on, my friend.
Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was.
And, they’ll continue singing it forever, just because
This is the song that never ends…

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Anyone that was expecting nice things from Bassey in tonight's game should play the lottery in the coming days. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: jmorovich

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Off topic…watching the Lakers at the Celtics is the ultimate “if the earth would only open and swallow that area” scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Maxey is killing it this year. Not surprising given how he showed flashes last season. He seems to have a more complete game than Simmons. Although Simmons is the better defender, I'll take Maxey's offense any day, especially late in the game when he goes to the line, you know it's going in. He's also doesn't turn the ball over and has a mid and long-range shot to boot. Dude looks like he is having a blast out there; aways smiling. Ben who?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Maxey is killing it this year. Not surprising given how he showed flashes last season. He seems to have a more complete game than Simmons. Although Simmons is the better defender, I'll take Maxey's offense any day, especially late in the game when he goes to the line, you know it's going in. He's also doesn't turn the ball over and has a mid and long-range shot to boot. Dude looks like he is having a blast out there; aways smiling. Ben who?
Maxey loves playing basketball, you can tell.

Reactions: K-Live

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers lose. Wasted a great Embiid game. What a horrible last 2 possessions. Hopefully Maxey learned a valuable lesson…he’s been great without turning the ball over but if you run the same play 4 straight times someone is going to make you pay. He never looked to turn to the basketball. Russell seen that pass coming a mile away.

JoeJoeJoe

Nov 24, 2021

Splendid! A sixers thread. I’m a glutton for punishment and look forward to sharing in misery and emotional reactivity with everyone. Especially with my dislike for Shake Milton’s game and the slowest team in the nba. Love them though!

JoeJoeJoe

Nov 24, 2021
Sixers lose. Wasted a great Embiid game. What a horrible last 2 possessions. Hopefully Maxey learned a valuable lesson…he’s been great without turning the ball over but if you run the same play 4 straight times someone is going to make you pay. He never looked to turn to the basketball. Russell seen that pass coming a mile away.
Little late to this but that was a frustrating end. Embiid took responsibility which was…ok. Embiid struggled at end of game. Maxey needed to attack at the end and it appears that forcing the ball to Embiid was stretched too far at the end. Here’s hoping for a win tonight.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
An ugly game. And if I were a Celtics fan, I'd feel the same way, but be smiling about a 1-point win.

Reactions: JoeJoeJoe

JoeJoeJoe

Nov 24, 2021
An ugly game. And if I were a Celtics fan, I'd feel the same way, but be smiling about a 1-point win.

Moral victory because of Embiid and Tobias’ struggles! Embiid with another excuse postgame! Doc’s endgame lineup and iso for Tobias! Handcuffing of most dynamic player; self and team imposed! Al Horford dominating Embiid! Hesitancy to shoot! Ah, feels like home!

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Dennis Scott on NBA TV made some interesting postgame comments. He said that Embiid’s struggles were predictable given that he was still working himself into shape, and was harshly critical of Harris for not taking the final shot himself. Speaking for myself, I expect the Sixers to be just fine in a couple weeks.

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
Dennis Scott on NBA TV made some interesting postgame comments. He said that Embiid’s struggles were predictable given that he was still working himself into shape, and was harshly critical of Harris for not taking the final shot himself. Speaking for myself, I expect the Sixers to be just fine in a couple weeks.
I agree, unfortunately it sucks, but JE had severe case of COVID and it is very noticeable to me the way he is just running up and down the floor just not the same energy he showed before COVID. Tobi was also out with COVID, don't think he had as bad a time with it, but again missed 3 weeks of ball. The guys that were left played wayyy to many minutes and its all catching up with the team. It was great for TM development, but still playing 40-45 minutes a night will catch up with you at this level. Once things settle out and they get back into a routine the sixers will begin climbing the standing again, but expect another couple weeks of bad basketball. The tough schedule stretch doesn't help either...6 game road trip home for 2 then back on the road for 4. And pretty much every road game was against a playoff team.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Not to start a new thread but I just wanted to say how much I respect the Ball brothers in regards to how they work to improve their games. LaMelo had an awesome game against Milwaukee yesterday, which prompted this post.

Lonzo Ball’s 3-point shooting percentages year-to-year: .305, .329, .375, .378, .444. Free throws: .451, .417, .566, .781, .750.

LaMelo Ball’s 3-pt: .352, .391. Free throws: .748, .900.

These two work hard to improve. It’s admirable to see how seriously they take their games. (Yes, this whole thing was a veiled shot at Simmons.)

JoeJoeJoe

Nov 24, 2021
I agree, unfortunately it sucks, but JE had severe case of COVID and it is very noticeable to me the way he is just running up and down the floor just not the same energy he showed before COVID. Tobi was also out with COVID, don't think he had as bad a time with it, but again missed 3 weeks of ball. The guys that were left played wayyy to many minutes and its all catching up with the team. It was great for TM development, but still playing 40-45 minutes a night will catch up with you at this level. Once things settle out and they get back into a routine the sixers will begin climbing the standing again, but expect another couple weeks of bad basketball. The tough schedule stretch doesn't help either...6 game road trip home for 2 then back on the road for 4. And pretty much every road game was against a playoff team.
The long road, quick home stop, and then back to the road would be tough. I think they will make playoffs but roster is sluggish and it’s groundhogs day with the team and Doc decisions. Maxey not being on the court for final possession was nuts. I trust things will work out, but it’s tough to watch Tobias make some progress and then fall back into old habits quickly when he is struggling.