2022-23 PSU Men's Ice Hockey Thread

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Not to open a can of worms, but why does BTN use their PairWise ranking to describe the Gophers and the SkunkBears, but not list the ranking for us and tOSU?

Why is it listed like this:

No 1. Minnesota vs. St. Cloud
No 3 Michigan vs. Penn State
No 2 Quinnipiac vs. Ohio State

No other rankings used for any other teams. Can't think of a legit explanation. Does BTN only consider the top 3 worthy of listing their ranking? I just find it odd. It's not their seeding either.

I guess we need to take it to Michigan to get some respect.

Reactions: STPGopherfan

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
Not to open a can of worms, but why does BTN use their PairWise ranking to describe the Gophers and the SkunkBears, but not list the ranking for us and tOSU?

No other rankings used for any other teams. Can't think of a legit explanation. Does BTN only consider the top 3 worthy of listing their ranking? I just find it odd. It's not their seeding either.

Because it is the BTN.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021

Those are the overall seeds in the tournament IIRC , (each is a 1 seed in their section). #4 was Denver who lost on Thursday.

Reactions: pennstater97

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021

Excellent question!

If not answered already The number is the tournament seeding. We were number one seed overall. Quinnipiac was 2, and Michigan was 3.

2023 Men's Hockey Tournament Bracket.

Reactions: Psu00

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
Will be interesting to see how Minn and OSU do in their match ups. Is this the season that indeed B1G Hockey is the best.

Besides the obvious of wanting our guys to beat Michigan and make it to our first Frozen Four, I want Minnesota to beat St Cloud State.

Shut up the NCHC crowd for at least a season.
We faced Jan Brady University St. Cloud State earlier this season and split. This will be a tough game. They hate us! Every game going forward will be a dogfight! We have to stay out of the sin bin.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
I want team to advance to their first frozen four so much. Must stay out of the box vs Michigan and not give Hughes much room. Lots of talent on Michigan team, but Hughes killed us earlier this season.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
No score 12:43 left 1st. Just killed penalty.

Scoreless thru 1. 14 shots apiece, couple Grade A’s for each. Michigan had one PP.

PSU PP late second

GOOOOALL!

1-0 off PSU PP.

1-0 end second PSU!

Another Um PP 15:08 to go

Another um PP 8:54 to go

Ugh, tied up.

Very disappointing end. Feel bad for Souli.

Last edited:
Reactions: pennstater97

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
Goal, PSU, on the power play near the end of the 2nd period.

1-0, PSU!!!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU killed off on PP in the 3rd power. Now a holding call against PSU with 8:54 left in the game, so PSU is back on the penalty kill.

And Michigan scores 1:03 into the PP, so it's 1-1 with 7:51 left in the match.

Last edited:

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Michigan will go onto win it all and looking back this will have been their toughest game.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
What’s the outlook for PSU next season? Should we even bother? 😞