2022-23 Sixers Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Not a great 3rd quarter for the Sixers. smh

The Sixers trailed by 3 at the half. Then in the 3rd qtr, the Celtics outscored the Celtics 33-10.

Last edited:

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Like I said, the Sixers got run off the court in Boston. I’ve seen more resilience from a wet paper bag. A kitchen sponge has more backbone than this squad.

Interesting off-season coming. Doc is 100% done. Harden too. No way they can bring either back.

I can’t see Harris and his awful contract going anywhere. Not Embiid. There’s just no value in trading a a reigning MVP. Has that ever been done?

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers blow…so embarrassing. If I I don’t get a report from ESPN saying “Glen Rivers has been relieved of his coaching duties” then I will be done with this team. He needs to get the Lane Kiffen treatment. Was it all his fault? No…Embiid is mentally weak. He’s a great player but not a leader. They had the leader this team needed in Butler. Not gonna get into if they could have kept him but they had him and lost him. Harden is washed. Just not much that can be done now with this team from a contract standpoint. Maybe a sign and trade with harden. Possible trade with Tobias now that he’s on the final year of his deal. I just question if the Sixers can win with Joel as your focal point of an offense in todays NBA. Their offense was pure garbage at vital points in these last 2 games. So frustrating to root for this team. I love the guy but he is like Kevin Durant. A great player but not a leader of a championship team. Game 6 will haunt this team and franchise for a LONG time. They had this series in their hands.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Sixers blow…so embarrassing. If I I don’t get a report from ESPN saying “Glen Rivers has been relieved of his coaching duties” then I will be done with this team. He needs to get the Lane Kiffen treatment. Was it all his fault? No…Embiid is mentally weak. He’s a great player but not a leader. They had the leader this team needed in Butler. Not gonna get into if they could have kept him but they had him and lost him. Harden is washed. Just not much that can be done now with this team from a contract standpoint. Maybe a sign and trade with harden. Possible trade with Tobias now that he’s on the final year of his deal. I just question if the Sixers can win with Joel as your focal point of an offense in todays NBA. Their offense was pure garbage at vital points in these last 2 games. So frustrating to root for this team. I love the guy but he is like Kevin Durant. A great player but not a leader of a championship team. Game 6 will haunt this team and franchise for a LONG time. They had this series in their hands.
You had to go and watch the damn game.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
The worst part is seeing Tatum lead Boston. The Sixers got cucked by Ainge on that trade and it continues to haunt them. It’s perhaps the most egregious (of many) example of how the franchise utterly squandered The Process time after time.

I only hope Josh Harris runs The Washington Football Team as well as he has the 76ers.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Me every year watching this effing team!

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Wow…

Over the fourth quarters of the final three games of the conference semifinal series against the Celtics, Harden scored zero points in 32 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. James Harden, who has the 25th-most points in NBA history, failed to score a single point in the fourth quarter of the three most crucial games of the series.”

Reactions: Psu00 and Daveb9127

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Wow…

Over the fourth quarters of the final three games of the conference semifinal series against the Celtics, Harden scored zero points in 32 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. James Harden, who has the 25th-most points in NBA history, failed to score a single point in the fourth quarter of the three most crucial games of the series.”

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00 and jmorovich

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Let Doc and Harden walk and trade Harris for starters. Total Garbage in game 7.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Let Doc and Harden walk and trade Harris for starters. Total Garbage in game 7.
If I’m reading things correctly, they need to do a sign and trade with Harden or suffer quite a drop in cap flexibility.

The problem is that he’s clearly past it. What team is going to build around him at $46 million a year???

Morrison Hotel

Oct 28, 2021
The worst part is seeing Tatum lead Boston. The Sixers got cucked by Ainge on that trade and it continues to haunt them. It’s perhaps the most egregious (of many) example of how the franchise utterly squandered The Process time after time.

Sorry, couldn't resist....

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Got-thisness:

Stephen A Smith said it well. Doc is a no-doubt Hall of Famer overall, but he's 6-10 all time in game 7s. His teams have now lost 10 straight with a chance to advance to the conference finals. Players like and respect him. Same with the media and franchise. But at some point, you have to step back and ask whether a new voice is needed to break through.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! Time for a new voice. Will it matter?? Only time will tell.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! Time for a new voice. Will it matter?? Only time will tell.
This locker room smacks of poison. It will be telling to see who is interested in this job.

I think this clearly signals that Harden will return to the team next season.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
This locker room smacks of poison. It will be telling to see who is interested in this job.

I think this clearly signals that Harden will return to the team next season.
NBA coaching jobs don’t grow on trees. You’ll have a good list to choose from.

I believe Harden will leave. He’s been exposed as a fraud. The Mamba mentality is a real thing, a very rare thing, and Harden doesn’t have it.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
My greatest fear is that Mike D’Antoni is hired and Morey goes and signs Clint Capela.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
NBA coaching jobs don’t grow on trees. You’ll have a good list to choose from.

I believe Harden will leave. He’s been exposed as a fraud. The Mamba mentality is a real thing, a very rare thing, and Harden doesn’t have it.
The problem with that logic is the Sixers roster situation. They are beached. I don’t think they have any first round picks for several seasons right now and they’re the only team that can max Harden.

Losing him means they only have $12 million exception to sign a replacement. That’s a huge net loss.