2022-23 Sixers Thread

NotRead

Sep 1, 2022
My son says to me last night “THIS team is so much more fun to watch.”

Really curious how this team preforms when everyone is back. I admit, I am with my son. This team is fun to watch. Playing hard on D, hustling on the offensive glass, BIG Paul Reed minutes, etc. Wonder if that all goes away when Harden & Embiid are back.
Narrator: It did go away.

Reactions: jmorovich

NotRead

Sep 1, 2022
Yeah, luckily the Lakers shooting went frigid. The turnovers in the 4th were horrendous, and Doc needed to call some timeouts to calm it down some.
If he doesn’t call timeout with 30 seconds left, it probably doesn’t even get to OT.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
I can’t stand those uniforms. Bring back the boathouse row skyline.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
@Tom McAndrew full disclosure…I hadn’t watched the previous 6 games (which should have been a sign given the winning streak) due to being swamped with Christmas activities. I decided to sit down and wrap presents and watch the game last night. I turned it off when they went down 20. Magically they came back. I might need to take a trip to New Orleans and go see a voodoo priestess to get the dark mush cloud from around me!!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Tom McAndrew full disclosure…I hadn’t watched the previous 6 games (which should have been a sign given the winning streak) due to being swamped with Christmas activities. I decided to sit down and wrap presents and watch the game last night. I turned it off when they went down 20. Magically they came back. I might need to take a trip to New Orleans and go see a voodoo priestess to get the dark mush cloud from around me!!

lol, harking back to last season, there does seem to be a correlation between their performance and your TV viewing. smh.

perhaps make it a New Year's resolution to break that.

FWIW, the Sixers are slowly rounding into form. Maxey is still out, so it's not the full team we expected to be battling for a title, but it's getting there. JoJo is playing really well. The Beard is playing a lot of minutes, but he's beating teams with his shots and with his passes. Tobias still has stretches where things are dropping, but he's gotten good in shooting after receiving the pass. And the team defense has been very good of late.

I do worry a bit about the backup center situation, though each of the backups have performed well at times, and then kind of disappeared on the bench or on the floor for stretches. And come playoff time, they're only going to be on the floor to give JoJo a rest.

It will be interesting to see if they do anything before trading deadline. They don't have a lot of flexibility, between trading future 1st round picks and losing future 2nd round picks due to early contact. So any activity will pretty much have to involve the current roster.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Absolutely horrendous offense the last 2 minutes.

I cringe every time I see House step onto the floor. Might be my least favorite signing in the last 5 years. He was a momentum crusher at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Absolutely horrendous offense the last 2 minutes.

I cringe every time I see House step onto the floor. Might be my least favorite signing in the last 5 years. He was a momentum crusher at the end of the 2nd quarter.

you and I seem to have the opposite impact when we watch games. I watched every game during their undefeated streak. Due to a family gathering, I missed the game tonight, and they lost. ;)

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
They seem to "give" too many of these winnable games away each season. It's infuriating. I know it's hard to win every game and I don't have those expectations, but the Sixers' lineup was just much better than the Wizards. You don't see the Bucks or Celtics giving away garbage games like this very much in a season and why they are in the Tier 1 group and Philly is still stuck in the Tier 2 group.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
That 8 game win streak….

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@jmorovich -- were you entertained by tonight's game against the Pacers? Nearly gave it away in the 4th qtr, staged a nice rally at the end of the regulation to send it to OT. And then The Beard nearly gave it away missing 2 FTs late in OT, but then made a great defensive play to get a turnover. Nice win without JoJo. And Shake was on fire.

Edit: I should have also given a shout-out to the Sixers' bench

Last edited:
Reactions: AcademicProbation

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
@jmorovich -- were you entertained by tonight's game against the Pacers? Nearly gave it away in the 4th qtr, staged a nice rally at the end of the regulation to send it to OT. And then The Beard nearly gave it away missing 2 FTs late in OT, but then made a great defensive play to get a turnover. Nice win without JoJo. And Shake was on fire.

Edit: I should have also given a shout-out to the Sixers' bench
@Tom McAndrew now you already know the answer to that question!! The Sixers won…so you KNOW I didn’t watch!! I’m gonna try to get some eyes on the Bulls game so I hope your free to watch as well to offset my horrible luck. I heard Joel won’t be playing so between that and me watching they might as well not even show up!

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew