2022-23 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I read somewhere that there was talk of having Maxey come off the bench. That would be a wow bad move. He needs to play. He’s a career .396 from 3, he’s only going to get better. The way he can shoot, he’s going to get it done Come off the bench? You are joking.

Tchains23

Oct 12, 2021
I read somewhere that there was talk of having Maxey come off the bench. That would be a wow bad move. He needs to play. He’s a career .396 from 3, he’s only going to get better. The way he can shoot, he’s going to get it done Come off the bench? You are joking.
He has come off the bench the last 2 games and avg 19pts a game in both wins. Both times playing more than Melton. Could be a good move, get more D with the starting group and a spark from Maxey. So far, pretty good 2 wins.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
He has come off the bench the last 2 games and avg 19pts a game in both wins. Both times playing more than Melton. Could be a good move, get more D with the starting group and a spark from Maxey. So far, pretty good 2 wins.
I guess my point is that Maxey is just too good not to start. Nobody else with his level of talent comes off the bench. A nice problem to have, I guess.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

@Tchains23 addressed most of the issue. It was Maxey that actually suggested the switch. Keep in mind that he's coming back from the foot injury, so it's not so bad to limit his minutes (or slowly build them up as we approach the playoffs). Plus, the Sixers have been getting killed by outside offense (guards or wings). Maxey is adequate on D (his strength is if the player puts the ball on the floor), so this seems like a win-win for the Sixers. We'll see how the Sixers do tonight against Damian Lillard, who has been on fire of late from the outside.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@jmorovich -- did you turn on the Sixers - Trail Blazers game at halftime? smh. The 1st half the Sixers put on a clinic, and were up 57-34. In the 2nd half, the Trail Blazers outscored the Sixers, 61-48. Fortunately, the Sixers put up enough of a lead to get the win, 105-95.

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
@Tchains23 addressed most of the issue. It was Maxey that actually suggested the switch. Keep in mind that he's coming back from the foot injury, so it's not so bad to limit his minutes (or slowly build them up as we approach the playoffs). Plus, the Sixers have been getting killed by outside offense (guards or wings). Maxey is adequate on D (his strength is if the player puts the ball on the floor), so this seems like a win-win for the Sixers. We'll see how the Sixers do tonight against Damian Lillard, who has been on fire of late from the outside.
Yes, Maxey suggested it to Doc and he gets starter minutes anyway, he's been over 30Min each game off the bench. Harden, Embiid, Harris and Maxey all play over 30Min. Harden Close to 40...hope Doc doesn't burn him out during the regular season. This team really needs to be at full strength when April rolls around

Reactions: K-Live

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Sixers Nets on ESPN is a real chippy game. First quarter 13 fouls, 25 foul shots, 3 technicals and all kinds of Philly rage for Ben Simmons

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Sixers Nets on ESPN is a real chippy game. First quarter 13 fouls, 25 foul shots, 3 technicals and all kinds of Philly rage for Ben Simmons
Nets 65-75 Sixers at the half. Simmons zero points, one shot. You can’t tell him anything, he can’t be coached.

Reactions: WestSideLion

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Nets 65-75 Sixers at the half. Simmons zero points, one shot. You can’t tell him anything, he can’t be coached.
Credit where it’s due: Simmons went 5-6 from the field, 2-3 free throws, for 12 points in the second half.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Credit where it’s due: Simmons went 5-6 from the field, 2-3 free throws, for 12 points in the second half.

A bit, but don't go overboard.

- He was a non-factor the entire 1st half
- Most of his shots were jump hooks, where he looked to be doing everything he could to avoid getting fouled
- he was benched for most of the 4th qtr

Reactions: LionJim

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
That game was absolutely freaking nuts!! Down 15 at the half, down 15 late on the 3rd, Embeast mode. Man I love Philly sports!!!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew